2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Best, worst after 8 games . . .

Honorable mention would be Vic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about honorable mention to Salty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Best: Buchholz, Lester, Bailey, Tazawa, Uehara, Victorino, Pedroia, Saltalamaccia

Each has performed exceptionally well.

Worst: Hanrahan

'nuff said.

Dishonorable Mention: Aceves

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Hanarahan was 3 for 3 before last night's game.  Even the greatest closer in the game blows the save.  Let's not be too harsh on him yet.  Just gotta win tonight's game and we win the series.  I'm not trying to protect Hanrahan and he failed big time lest night.  But he's still our closer no matter what and let's hope he will bounce right back.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Hanarahan was 3 for 3 before last night's game.  Even the greatest closer in the game blows the save.  Let's not be too harsh on him yet.  Just gotta win tonight's game and we win the series.  I'm not trying to protect Hanrahan and he failed big time lest night.  But he's still our closer no matter what and let's hope he will bounce right back.  

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was advocating for his release, or anythng like that. He certainly deserves more opportunities to establish himself as the closer. But he's also the only player on the team who has turned in a "just awful" performance so far, so he get's nominated for "worst after 8 games." 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In this case, my vote goes to Napoli.  I believe he'll match his numbers as season progresses but during those 8 games, his numbers aren't that good to be the cleanup hitter.  His stat line when RISP are .222/.222/.333 and clutch stats are just .200.  And his batting avg against lefties are .182.  Need more from that spot especially when your manager still has faith in you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Things can change so rapidly this early. Yesterday Salty was batting .188 with a .600 OPS, then had a fantastic night and is up to .300/1.017. Conversely, Hanrahan's ERA went from 2-something to over 11.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Victorino - Aceves 

honorable mention : Salty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree about Buchholz and Lester being the best so far.  But other candidates are a reminder this has to date been very much a team effort. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Worst:

How about Jackie Bradley? He contributed in a couple of games, especially the first, but has been a non-factor in most others and cost the Sox a run with his bobble last night. Hanrahan has helped the Sox win three games, which is more than Bradley.

Bradley's numbers -- .130 BA, .333 OBP, .174 SLG, .507 OPS.

It looks as if those like Lou Merloni who were giving more credence to his limited minor league experience than a hot spring training are right.

Still hoping he turns it around like Pedroia did in his rookie year, but he hasn't looked good recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Worst:

How about Jackie Bradley? He contributed in a couple of games, especially the first, but has been a non-factor in most others and cost the Sox a run with his bobble last night. Hanrahan has helped the Sox win three games, which is more than Bradley.

Bradley's numbers -- .130 BA, .333 OBP, .174 SLG, .507 OPS.

It looks as if those like Lou Merloni who were giving more credence to his limited minor league experience than a hot spring training are right.

Still hoping he turns it around like Pedroia did in his rookie year, but he hasn't looked good recently.

i agree. his lack of offense isn't as issue when the best parrt of his game is in tact. but he's been sloppy in the field, that paired with his offensive woes makes him the worst of any starter right now. ShaVic is the best player on the team IMO. Exactly the opposite of JBJ in ST (and catching a ton of flack on the forums) and he's been tearing it up since the season started.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

How about honorable mention to Salty.

I would agree with that too Moon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was advocating for his release, or anythng like that. He certainly deserves more opportunities to establish himself as the closer. But he's also the only player on the team who has turned in a "just awful" performance so far, so he get's nominated for "worst after 8 games." 

JBJ has been pretty below average the last few games too, but hes a kid that shouldnt even be here yet so Ill cut him some slack.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

JBJ has been pretty below average the last few games too, but hes a kid that shouldnt even be here yet so Ill cut him some slack.

True. It does make the "If JBJ goes to Pawtucket for the first 9 games, then we're giving up on the season/screwing the fans/etc" people look pretty silly, though. Now he'll likely be sent down for 20+ games when Papi returns anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Best: Buchholz.

Worst: Too early to call