Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo

Nice to see you follow my lead on Ortiz and an extension. But, it should be one year plus enough money on buyout/player opt out/option to allow Ortiz to retire after one year or be paid his reward for a good 2013.

But, Nick, you are talking about the same player that bigoted Boston and this Board wanted "the money spent elsewhere" for 2012, much less 2013. But good to see you step up to the plate. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Re: Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo

Another race baiting post by you..  the vast majority of people could have cared less what color Papi's skin is.  I admit freely I thought that his best years were behind him and I am glad I am wrong.

The only person who incessantly brings up race in their discussions is you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lumping the whole "board" into your comment about money spent elsewhere is stereotyping.

i agree with your point about 1 year with options on both sides.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

the vast majority of people could have cared less what color Papi's skin is.

The vast majority of people on this Board and Boston fans care about the color of Ortiz's skin but lie about, just as those who claimed they weren't pandering for votes but cared about ending private segregation but still practice a segregated intimate life. Who can forget how popular Jim Rice was;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

lumping the whole "board" into your comment about money spent elsewhere is stereotyping.

Board means the majority of those on the Board who carry the day. However, to accept truth you must accept that this Board is a Board of viewpoint censorship which results, not in stereotyping, but a monotone loud droning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

We can agree to disagree then hank... I don't claim to know the personal beliefs of every poster on this board but it is very rare, outside of your posts, that I see race brought up or discussed.  I am not saying it doesn't happen but I strongly disagree with the fact that it is the majority opinion on this board. 

That moron beat writer for the Philadelphia Enquirer I beleive it was ... he agrees with you I guess... as misguided as the belief is.  He responded to Garnet's comment about fair weather Philly fans with a crack on Boston fans being racist (ala Ward tweets).  You are starting to sound like him.... even though the tweets in question came from people around the country who do NOT represent the majority of the Boston fan base.  People like you propagate the false-truth of a racist Boston fan base...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In Response to Re: Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo:
    [QUOTE]lumping the whole "board" into your comment about money spent elsewhere is stereotyping. Board means the majority of those on the Board who carry the day. However, to accept truth you must accept that this Board is a Board of viewpoint censorship which results, not in stereotyping, but a monotone loud droning.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]
    no, you are missing the point.  my point was that you are stereotyping.  you are stereotyping the people on this board.  you are stereotyping boston fanbase.  stereotyping = form of racism.
    pot this is kettle - you're black.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see you follow my lead on Ortiz and an extension. But, it should be one year plus enough money on buyout/player opt out/option to allow Ortiz to retire after one year or be paid his reward for a good 2013. But, Nick, you are talking about the same player that bigoted Boston and this Board wanted "the money spent elsewhere" for 2012, much less 2013. But good to see you step up to the plate. 

I wish Nick Cafardo would read my posts and reshape his opinions based soley on me : (

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Don't be too sure about that Dave. All writers have thoughts/ideas triggered by daily life and that could well include reading others thoughts on a message board, for instance. Think Mazzy+the gang don't read fans sites? Think again! 

[QUOTE]About ten days ago, I started a thread about the lack of power from Adrian Gonzalez. Within a day or two, all the Boston sportswriters had a column on this site about Gonzalez's lack of power. Should I take credit for that? Nah, I'm pretty sure it was coincidence.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Hank, you really need help. Words cannot describe how deluded you are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]lumping the whole "board" into your comment about money spent elsewhere is stereotyping. Board means the majority of those on the Board who carry the day. However, to accept truth you must accept that this Board is a Board of viewpoint censorship which results, not in stereotyping, but a monotone loud droning.

oh, indeed.  Certain board regulars more monotone and loud in their droning than others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

People like you propagate the false-truth of a racist Boston fan base...

No, people like you affirm the fact that Boston is a racist fan base. Jim Rice was really popular, compared to the next Ted Williams. Boston bigotry embraces the same pride and prejudices they always have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Hank, I've always given you the benefit of the doubt when people say what a tool you are but after going back and forth with you I think I agree with that thought. 

Please explain to me how ANY of my words in this thread affirm the fact that Boston is a racist fan base.

I guess I should have expected this when adding to a thread started by you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Jim Rice was my favorite player growing up.

I am so glad I am not racist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

oh, indeed.  Certain board regulars more monotone and loud in their droning than others.

You got that right, Space. I would add humorless to that description.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Boston had a lot of needs after the 2011 season, needs which are still there.  I was in favor of re-signing Ortiz because he still had the good bat, but I also thought it was bit of a gamble shelling out $15M for a DH.  Who knew he would lose 20 or more pounds and follow AGon's lead in hitting more to left field? 

softy/hankwilliamsjr always amazes me with his capacity to speak out of two or more sides of his mouth.  His favorite rant over the last two years or so has been the absolutely necessity for getting a righty power-hitting outfielder, preferably under 30.  Now he is saying the best thing going is a lefty DH age 36.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Nick Cafardo's column (and hankwilliamsjr for that matter) failed to address the potential luxury tax implications of an extension for David Ortiz. A slew of Red Sox players will be due raises in 2013 and a Big Papi extension could push the Sox beyond the $178 threshold for a second time*, resulting in a 30 percent surcharge. A two-year, $20 million extension could cost the Sox $13 million in 2013 alone.

The Red Sox might be required to decide whether David Ortiz is worth 30 percent over market value (not to mention potential escalating surcharges in later years) .

* h
    ttp://www.fangraphs.com/library/index.php/business/luxury-tax/

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Better Late Than Never, Nick Cafardo : ironic that this poster who's moniker is hankwilliamsjr paints most of the rest of us as racists. by the way hanky panky, how do you know what the vast majority of people think. especially someone like you who never thinks before he spews forth his  baloney.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

As a bit of background....Softlaw/SoftlawA1/A2/1B/2%/ad nauseum/"Less (sic) Paul", n.k.a. "hankwilliamsjr" has been banned from this site dozens of times over the past 5 years or so.  Largely, if not exclusively, for the outrageous racist, bigoted, homophobic positions he's shamelessly championed for years. 

He's been able to preserve the "hankwilliamsjr" moniker for nearly a year now because, against all Pavlovian odds, he's finally managed to understand the limits beyond which he'll be blocked....i.e. he's toned down the outrageous anti-gay, -Muslim, -woman, -black, -Indian, -ad nauseam bile he used to spout.  So, har har, he's now changed his game to attempt to appear like a "Man of the People". 

That's why Softy:
    • now takes positions in favour of all Black players no matter how silly (Hall) or valid (Ortiz) they are.
    • for 14 months was - then wasn't - part Cherokee....remember his outrageous posts re Ellsbury's background?
    • has claimed Ortiz is not loved because he's Black....when in fact Ortiz is one of Boston's most beloved players ever and currently.  Completely absurd.
    • has espoused sundry ignorant viewpoints:  [see tom-uk's post re Aviles v. Hall career stats i.e. superstud Hall vs. Kids in the Hall Aviles.]

Don't even mention, for reasons of board decorum, Space's "Space-u-lation" on the real reasons for Softy's anti-gay bigotry.

25. This post has been removed.