Betts in CF tonight, hitting 9th; Holt at 3rd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Betts in CF tonight, hitting 8th; Holt at 3rd

Hitting between Vazquez and the pitcher, but better than sitting on the bench. Vazquez will need some help pretty soon. Not used to the major league grind, I would think. And St. Louis not the most comfortable place to play in August!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Betts in CF tonight, hitting 9th; Holt at 3rd

Good to hear about Betts!   I'd like to see him get a shot over JBJ at CF.

Love JBJ's D, but his bat needs big time work in Pawtucket!!!!

Love to see the Sox do this before ruining a potential star in JBJ.

The kid's bat is simply not ready!!!!   Betts has excellent #s.  Not sure he's ready either????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

well its nice to see betts getting a start finally, but really holt and nava both starting again? we gain nothing by playing them over bradley jr and middlebrooks. At this point you have to start middlebrooks everyday and see if he can get going. We are not playing for anything. I don’t get farrells desire to start 2 guys who won’t be starters next year over guys who could be long term players or trade chips. Its downright moronic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well its nice to see betts getting a start finally, but really holt and nava both starting again? we gain nothing by playing them over bradley jr and middlebrooks. At this point you have to start middlebrooks everyday and see if he can get going. We are not playing for anything. I don’t get farrells desire to start 2 guys who won’t be starters next year over guys who could be long term players or trade chips. Its downright moronic. 

[/QUOTE]

It is certainly, or should be a certainty, that Holt is more likely to start at 3rd than Middy.

p.s.   Nava's numbers have returned closer to their norm from last season since his return.

p.p.s.   Nava is flat out a better hitter & fielder than Middy will ever be!   PERIOD!   NO QUESTION!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THIS MOOOOOKIE BETS GUY IS VERY INTERESTING !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

But this team is not..sorry dudes, this just isn't a fun team to watch anymore...they can't even loose in an interesting way...

How about some contrived controversy? "How long until Ortiz is kicked out of baseball for at least a year as a result of the inevitable growing PED scandal?" Discuss among yourselves!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

p.p.p.s.    Last 42+ games.......   guess who is hitting over .320?

You have 1 guy on the sox even near this mark....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

So Holt & Nava over Middy & JBJ?

Not even close which way the Sox should go!

Yes!  Even into the future......

As for Betts?   I put him in CF for the remainder, & send JBJ down to work on his swing for the next season plus....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell is staging a tryout, although he denies it...Go-nowhere-Nava should in bench forever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell is staging a tryout, although he denies it...Go-nowhere-Nava should in bench forever

[/QUOTE]

Go nowhere Nava is the only RS player to hit .320+ over the last 42 games.

Just as he did last year.....   ALL YEARIs it hyperbole, or simply a lack of knowledge?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

NAVA 2013:

YEAR 1344587713929012665129302.303.385.445.831

I would trust Nava to work on his splits against LHP any day of the week over Middy or JBJ!

Now he's back to last year's form, after getting a HUGE Circle gjerk at the beginning of the season.

One of the only RS players performing, and the LEAST APPRECIATED guy on this team, simply because of ignorant fans, who think they know baseball!

THIS GUY ACTUALLY HAS VALUE, UNLIKE MANY ON THIS TEAM.

If the Sox didn't want to go forward with Nava, they sure as hell missed out on & pizzed away all that value he had built up in 2013.

RS Management BLEW THIS BIG TIME!  They undercut their own player, & pizzed away ALL THAT VALUE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAVA 2013:

I would trust Nava to work on his splits against LHP any day of the week over Middy or JBJ!

Now hhe's back to last year's form, after getting a HUGE Circle gjerk at the beginning of the season.

On of the only RS players performing, and the LEAST APPRECIATED guy on this team, simply because of ignorant fans, who think they know baseball!

THIS GUY ACTUALLY HAS VALUE, UNLIKE NANY ON THIS TEAM!

[/QUOTE]

nava is a platoon player who can’t hit lefties and is a below average defender at every position he has played. Have you seen the guy play RF? He has no range, no arm, and does not know how to play the bounces in RF at fenway. If he is a starter next year, then bell will not have done his job. Plain and simple. And I for one would rather see what betts and bradley can do for the rest of the season than a 30 yr old platoon player with half a season of good numbers to his name. Nava has no future besides be a bench guy on this team and we are not in a pennant race or even the race to make the playoffs. We know what we have in nava and its nothing to write home about. Now is the time to see what we have in our young guys. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAVA 2013:

Now hhe's back to last year's form, after getting a HUGE Circle gjerk at the beginning of the season.

On of the only RS players performing, and the LEAST APPRECIATED guy on this team, simply because of ignorant fans, who think they know baseball!

THIS GUY ACTUALLY HAS VALUE, UNLIKE NANY ON THIS TEAM!

[/QUOTE]

nava is a platoon player who can’t hit lefties and is a below average defender at every position he has played. Have you seen the guy play RF? He has no range, no arm, and does not know how to play the bounces in RF at fenway. If he is a starter next year, then bell will not have done his job. Plain and simple. And I for one would rather see what betts and bradley can do for the rest of the season than a 30 yr old platoon player with half a season of good numbers to his name. Nava has no future besides be a bench guy on this team and we are not in a pennant race or even the race to make the playoffs. We know what we have in nava and its nothing to write home about. Now is the time to see what we have in our young guys. 

[/QUOTE]

Ooops!   Missed out on my edit......

I agree we wanted to go with a re-tooled OF, but Nava could have been dealt in the off-season & netted something decent.  His numbers from kast season were virtualky full time, and nany teams would have been more than hapoy with him in RF.  HE DID JUST FINE with the Sox in LF last season, albeit at Fenway.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Perhaps they tried to move him, but considering his limitations were offered next to nothing?

Sections
Shortcuts