Betts may be our future leadoff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Betts may be our future leadoff

Over Holt, Shane or JBJ, remember I said this.  He will play solid defense somewhere and prove to be an all round better hitter than Holt or JBJ. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Betts may be our future leadoff

You could be right!  I can see an OF of Cespedes, JBJ and Betts being pretty solid.  I, along with most thought JBJ would become the leadoff hitter but I just don't see him getting the confidence with his bat.  Too inconsistent with too many K's. 

As I typed this Betts made a CRAZY nice catch in CF!!  Wow!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

That's almost a no brainer. Holt, actulakky, is better off further down in the lineup. He's too passive in the lead off spot. Nice to have two that can do the job, however.

We'll see; Mookie may be platooning a little with JBJ. AND, was Craig limping after his last AB? He has chronic foot trouble I hear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Better hitter than Holt? That's amazing. If he were equal to Holt that would be great.

Other names I have posted under: None

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder if he'll get enough playing time/at bats to prove himself, this season at least. I would imagine Cespedes will be in the line up tomorrow and to play Betts either JBJ or Craig would have to sit. I would rather see him hone is OF skills and bat leadoff down at Pawtucket where he could play every game the rest of the way there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's almost a no brainer. Holt, actulakky, is better off further down in the lineup. He's too passive in the lead off spot. Nice to have two that can do the job, however.

We'll see; Mookie may be platooning a little with JBJ. AND, was Craig limping after his last AB? He has chronic foot trouble I hear.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed he slipped when his left foot hit the base on the double play grounder to Headley in the 8 th; he did limp a bit going back to the dugout. He was replaced in the 9th with Holt moving to left.

Watching him in the post game interview he misses his Cardinal teammates. Coming here is going to be an adjustment for Craig and Kelly; they weren't 12 years i n the system like Lester but the Cards have a family type atmosphere with so few guys from outside the organization that are on that team. They draw strength from within. I hope they can make it here because they are both competitive; Craig is a strong quiet type Kelly seems to let it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Over Holt, Shane or JBJ, remember I said this.  He will play solid defense somewhere and prove to be an all round better hitter than Holt or JBJ. 

[/QUOTE]  Now that we have moved a lot of contractual  DEADWOOD,  BEN  & J F have many options that provides opportunity for the next generation as well as the guys that came over in trade !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Better hitter than Holt? That's amazing. If he were equal to Holt that would be great.

Other names I have posted under: None

[/QUOTE]

In the long run, he will be a better hitter than Holt. He'll hit a few more Home runs, but have better aerage as well. But, that's not the question; the question was will he be a better lead-off hitter. Very  likely we'll see them hitting 1-2. Betts has been a .300+ hitter from the day he first picker up a bat.