Betts, Still in Pawtucket? Look at this====

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Betts, Still in Pawtucket? Look at this====

From the Paw Sox game (Friday, July 25),

"Betts, who collected two hits in the fourth inning alone, finished 4-for-5 with a walk, a double, two runs scored and one RBI." (As the Paw Sox won their tenth straight}

Looks to me like about 8 guys should replace (not wait for the 40 man roster) Gomes, Drew, Ross, Carp, Napoli (?), and 3 or 4 pitchers. Make things interesting, worth watching now and then.

And, for Pete's Sake leave Holt at SS, and reign in Pedroia before there's a first class collision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Betts, Still in Pawtucket? Look at this====

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

first of all, Betts had his chance when he got called up, and couldnt play OF or play at the major league level.  He is better off to go back to his natural position, 2b!!

But where can he play if he is call up again?  heck no way he ll be back in the OF.  Why not to use him as a trade bait to trade for another positional player who can play LF or RF or maybe CF

"Betts, who collected two hits in the fourth inning alone, finished 4-for-5 with a walk, a double, two runs scored and one RBI." (As the Paw Sox won their tenth straight}

Looks to me like about 8 guys should replace (not wait for the 40 man roster) Gomes, Drew, Ross, Carp, Napoli (?), and 3 or 4 pitchers. Make things interesting, worth watching now and then.

And, for Pete's Sake leave Holt at SS, and reign in Pedroia before there's a first class collision.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

first of all, Betts had his chance when he got called up, and couldnt play OF or play at the major league level.  He is better off to go back to his natural position, 2b!!

But where can he play if he is call up again?  heck no way he ll be back in the OF.  Why not to use him as a trade bait to trade for another positional player who can play LF or RF or maybe CF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Betts can't play LF better than gold glover Gomes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

They all look good in Pawtucket and then ? The S.....t hits the fan in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At this point Bett's could be the better prospect out of Bogy, Holt, JBJ etc. so I agree lets find a spot for the kid and let him get some more major league experience.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What makes you so sure of that. They gave him virtually zero chance when he was up before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

The guy can hit; that should be obvious to everyone.anyone with any sense at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy can hit; that should be obvious to everyone.anyone with any sense at all.

[/QUOTE]
    with any sense at all if he could play in the majors and produce ? Would he have been sent back  to Pawtucket?Sox rookies can't hit a beach ball. Very bad showing this year and were  never ready to help the offense. Is it the hitting coach ? Who knows..... Rookies are not ready for prime time but they did help Henry save money . AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE !!!!!!! Pawtucket to Boston is way bigger then these kids ever knew or management ever knew.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hitting is the hardest thing to do in virtually all sports - give the rookies time - jbj, like dewey is opening up his stance and will improve....my only concern with a betts/jbj/holt outfield is obviously the power....but make those trades and bring the kids up and play them dam it

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What makes you so sure of that? You've seen him play left field?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seriously? i can play left field better than Gomes - seriously I can even at my advanced age i can track a ball and catch it better than Gomes...he is the worst ever....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Betts has got a lot to learn about playing the OF.  He made 3-4 bad judgements in the limited time he played in Boston.  Right now, you've got Victorino, JBJ, Holt and Nava rotating already.  He's better off playing every day in AAA and learning as much as he can about the position. Bring him back up in September.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The biggest issue with Betts is where to play him at the MLB level.

I actually would like to see him try SS or 3B in the minors for a while.  Although  I know he played SS there already and was moved, so I am guessing he was not very good at it..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How ya going to keep the BOY down on the  FARM  ??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

People judge Betts on  his outfield play when he had only played a few games there. And I think you guys didn't get the Gomes all star sarcasm. Gomes doesn't have the experience excuse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Betts will be back shortly and playing regularly.  It's one thing we have to look forward to this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What makes you so sure of that. They gave him virtually zero chance when he was up before.

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm. Stevie Wonder could play LF better than Gomes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

How ya going to keep the BOY down on the  FARM  ??

[/QUOTE]

"BOY?" Your cracks are starting to show again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

'Goldy' Gomes LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm. Sarcasm. You didn't pick that up when I called him gold glover Gomes? Man this board is comatose.