BIG DAY IN BOSTON TODAY, STRANGE CLAY & HIS 5.51 ERA @ 11:00AM......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: BIG DAY IN BOSTON TODAY, STRANGE CLAY & HIS 5.51 ERA @ 11:00AM......

Some days it's hard to see Bill-806 as a real Sox fan because his first impulse is almost always to say something negative about a Sox player, but especially any Sox player much above drinking age, 21.  He loves his rookies, but not very many veterans.  Soon he will no doubt start a "dump Pedroia" movement so that one Mookie Betts can be brought up to the big club.

The simple fact is that for the most part this season it is the pitching staff that has played tough and the hitters not so tough.  And even there my opinion is that the hitters may be struggling, but we know from last year that they can score runs, and the offense is likely to be helped by the return of Victorino and Middlebrooks. 

Meanwhile, I'm pretty happy with where the Sox are, 2 games out despite playing a bunch of really good teams in April.  I thought Gomes--not my favorite player--dinger was huge last night.  Exactly what the doctor ordered to bring this team back to life.  Meanwhile the bullpen did their usual razzle-dazzle 'em, but especially Miller getting that very nice K on Davis. 

And, of course, to any knowledgeable Sox fan Ben C and company are playing with house money, given the just won their 3d WC in ten years after 86 years of frustration.  Funny how Bill forgets that. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of those MUST days for RED SOX BASEBALL !!!   Hi Neighbor , have a GANSET  !!!!   GO SOX  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey, ignorant slug, it's spelled GANSETT. As your dad would say---"Son, you're as stupid as the day is long."

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread feels like an All Bill-806, 24 hours channel

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

UPDATE.......  5.51 is NOW 7.71  !!!!    The Sox need to get their arms around this..... "That BOY ain't right" !!!

[/QUOTE]

You're a regular Sherlock Holmes; a master of deduction, a genius about the complexities of baseball, and a hero to all of us, who just wish we could be as smart as you are. Yes, because this country has so many just like you, Bill, our future is golden.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yes sir, Bill is a wise old fellow and an inspirational character - never rushing to judgment, always waiting till all the facts are in, always looking at the long view.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

One of those MUST days for RED SOX BASEBALL !!!   Hi Neighbor , have a GANSET  !!!!   GO SOX  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey, ignorant slug, it's spelled GANSETT. As your dad would say---"Son, you're as stupid as the day is long."

[/QUOTE]

Bogie, consider this a warning: please refrain from name calling and disrespectful posts like this one. This warning is not just my decision: Moderator 1 was also in agreement that your repeated harassment of Bill in this manner is unacceptable.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

What say you ????   All you smart baseball T-BALL people !!!   Does the word "CONCERN" mean anything ???

[/QUOTE]

Bill, you have posted four messages about Clay Buccholz in a row saying the same thing essentially. This is the kind of thing that drives other posters to criticize you. For your benefit I am going to show you the relevant portion of the posting policy that I think covers meaningless repetitive posts. Please consider it before you post your message:

Be courteous. Don't threaten or verbally abuse other users; use obscene, profane, or defamatory language; post sexual innuendo, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages, or spam.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What say you ????   All you smart baseball T-BALL people !!!   Does the word "CONCERN" mean anything ???

[/QUOTE]

Bill, you have posted four messages about Clay Buccholz in a row saying the same thing essentially. This is the kind of thing that drives other posters to criticize you. For your benefit I am going to show you the relevant portion of the posting policy that I think covers meaningless repetitive posts. Please consider it before you post your message:

Be courteous. Don't threaten or verbally abuse other users; use obscene, profane, or defamatory language; post sexual innuendo, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages, or spam.

[/QUOTE]Will do !!!  Sometimes in my desire to see the Sox do well, DAD & I see areas of concern before the G M & Manager does.......

[/QUOTE]

"see areas of concern".  what does that even mean?  are you referring to being concerned about a DH's heel for an entire season and then said player wins WS MVP?

what have you ever "seen" before the GM and/or the manager?  example(s) please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

As DAD would say........    "SON, we need to find out what makes DAY to DAY CLAY tick"   !!!!  How the heck do you give up 6 runs in one (3rd) INNING ?????

[/QUOTE]

I see you like my nickname for him?

Not sure I like "Day to Day Clay" or "The Man Made of Clay" better...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As DAD would say........    "SON, we need to find out what makes DAY to DAY CLAY tick"   !!!!  How the heck do you give up 6 runs in one (3rd) INNING ?????

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not usually one for sophomoric nicknames for players and I don't even think he's day-to-day.  However... I do see the humor and creativity in Day-to-Day Clay so it passes muster with me.  Not that it matters.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Will do !!!  Sometimes in my desire to see the Sox do well, DAD & I see areas of concern before the G M & Manager does.......

[/QUOTE]

"see areas of concern".  what does that even mean?  are you referring to being concerned about a DH's heel for an entire season and then said player wins WS MVP?

what have you ever "seen" before the GM and/or the manager?  example(s) please.

[/QUOTE]

You will wait until the 12th of never to get those examples.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not usually one for sophomoric nicknames for players and I don't even think he's day-to-day.  However... I do see the humor and creativity in Day-to-Day Clay so it passes muster with me.  Not that it matters.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it does.  Hence, the definition of the word "Right". 

Sections
Shortcuts