"Big Mouth" Bobby (Again)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

"Big Mouth" Bobby (Again)

There he goes again!  Some gorilla type glue is needed for this guy's lips.

How does he help the confidence of his team (especially the young guys) by saying that the team needs reinforcements from the Pawtucket team since "this is the weakest September roster in the team's history"?

I have been a Sox fan for many, many years, and I will agree that the roster right now is certainly not stacked to win a division title, but there was no need to crow this to the press trying to make the roster the current reason why the season has been terrible.

Does this guy think that Beato, Pimental, etc are going to come up and save his job by all of a sudden transforming the roster?

If any of those guys were major league ready they would already be in Boston!

More desperate words from a desperate man that will not help anyone.  Bobby, just shut up and play out the rest of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

The guy can't say anything anymore....the season is lost..he knows it..the players know it..we know it. Why sugarcoat it?

2 yrs of this apathy...and we are afraid this will hurt the players feelings?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re:

I'm not a big James Loney fan but he plays a good defensive 1 B. Gomez should be the DH. We know what Pods can do--I don't need to see him every night. I have always liked Nava-switch hitter and made a remarkable play in left.

Lava needs to play; his hitting has never been an issue. 

Why not give Salty a shot at playing 1 B during the remainer of the games--a 20 something home run guy needs to be in the lineup. OK so he strikes out alot, so does Mark Reynolds.

I have to say Iggy is starting to impress me. He's quick, he gets to a lot of balls and has a good arm. Aceves at second and Ciriaco at third I can live with. Pedroia will be back soon.

The Pen----Carpenter may be a keeper--he's cool under pressure and has had some experience closing with the PawSox. Mel needs more chances--he won't get the reps with the Sox--he may need to be traded. Mort may be okay for long relief. Hill and Miller I like. They have to find a way to straighten out Aceves--he's a valuable piece to the pen or as a spot starter.

The question is Dice---do you let him walk? I actually felt confident with him on the mound---yes even in the 3 rd inning last night--that he would somehow get out of the mess he made. Over the years I've often thought he has done things like putting people on intentionally--like setting up the board in a chess match--to get to the guy he feels comfortable pitching to.

Oh well--it will be an interesting off season especially if the team is sold. Bobby will be gone but not forgotten.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy can't say anything anymore....the season is lost..he knows it..the players know it..we know it. Why sugarcoat it?

2 yrs of this apathy...and we are afraid this will hurt the players feelings?

[/QUOTE]

When is the last time you heard a manager say that?

My guess is that he wanted the September callups to dislike him as much as the rest of the team.

This is why I get frustrated when people question why the players have no respect for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re:

It's not about sugarcoating.  Do you really think the players don't know how bad this team is? None of them takes it personally, but that doesn't mean BV should express it like a 2 year old.  That's about his intellectual level.

He's an idiot.  The guys playing for him right now are going to comprise a big part of the team next year.  He just called them the worst group playing in September in the history of the game. 

You really can't make this stuff up.  American league will be playing managerial musical chairs next year, and I hope this idiot find himself jobless. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re:

Mauro Gomez should hold a press conference and say that Bobby is the worst manager he has ever played for.

I am sure Bobby wouldn't mind that at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt
    Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
    As the flames rose to her roman nose
    And her hearing aid started to melt

Bigmouth, la ... bigmouth, la ...
    Bigmouth strikes again
    And I've got no right to take my place
    With the Human race
    Oh ...

Bigmouth, oh ... bigmouth, la ...
    Bigmouth strikes again
    And I've got no right to take my place
    With the Human race
    Oh ...

Songwriters: MORRISSEY, STEVEN / MARR, JOHNNY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re:

I still think Bobby V. is trying to get fired.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think Bobby V. is trying to get fired.

[/QUOTE]

I posted the same thing om another board.  He's begging to be fired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re:

WORST Red Sox manager in history. Worse than Pesky, Kerrigan, Higgins, etc....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Re:

I'll continue to voice the contrarian opinion.  He was correct in saying it is weak Sept team.  Players know it, the whole world knows it.  Pretty much the entire starting lineup from 2012 is gone or unavailable.  And yet, they are scrapping out a few wins and even got a win out of yankees.  These guys are playing hard trying to find a spot here or somewhere in 2013.  And like it or not, BV is managing these minor leaguers pretty darn well.  They don't appear to be offended by his candid remarks - they are playing to win under his management.  If Beckett and AGon had played like these guys, 2012 would have been a different story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll continue to voice the contrarian opinion.  He was correct in saying it is weak Sept team.  Players know it, the whole world knows it.  Pretty much the entire starting lineup from 2012 is gone or unavailable.  And yet, they are scrapping out a few wins and even got a win out of yankees.  These guys are playing hard trying to find a spot here or somewhere in 2013.  And like it or not, BV is managing these minor leaguers pretty darn well.  They don't appear to be offended by his candid remarks - they are playing to win under his management.  If Beckett and AGon had played like these guys, 2012 would have been a different story.

[/QUOTE]

Players always play to win, especially in BB.  You can give a mediocre effort on defense in basketball.  In baseball, it's all about individual stats.  No one, from age 8, goes up with a bat in his hand not trying their best to hit the ball.  No pitcher grooves the ball because he doesn't want to give their best effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re:

Wouldn't go that far Jim. Kerrigan and Higgins -- definitely Higgins -- were worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Wouldn't go that far Jim. Kerrigan and Higgins -- definitely Higgins -- were worse.

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to Kerrigan, he was a pitching coach, and he only lasted 43 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to Kerrigan, he was a pitching coach, and he only lasted 43 games.

[/QUOTE]

That's true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re:

I think Valentine should come back next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re:

I mean the fans here are mostly loyal to the vest with him, they weren't that way for a winning manager like Francona. So the reward for the all-time azholic manager in Sox history is to have him come back to ruin the dugout atmosphere for the next set of free agents and young up-and-comers.   

And to be fair, he's only had this one season to manage. You can't judge a manager by one season even if it means finishing 15 under next year too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

So who do you bring in? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was correct in saying it is weak Sept team.  Players know it, the whole world knows it. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't question that he might be right.  I just question whether or not he should say that. 

After all, do you say, "Yes dear, those pants DO make your ___ look big." ?  :-))

There's a lot to be said for discretion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re:

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Valentine should come back next year.

[/QUOTE]

While bringing back Valentine wouldn't make much difference in terms of our playoff chances next year, its time to hire a new manager for the transition period. Frankly, now that Lucchino has apparently signed an extension, we could be many years away from baseball relevance, no matter who manages the club. Lucchino and Cherington......dual scourges of the Red Sox franchise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

I swear, it's like every 3rd day when I'm reminded just how overmatched Bobby V is. Just can't manage baseball anymore. End of discussion!! - 5 hours ago

Lou Merloni

Lou Merloniā€@LouMerloni

"Weakest roster we've ever had in September in the history of baseball." I used to always love when my manager had my teams back. Well done! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re:

He's basically saying the team sucks and it isn't his fault.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re:

That's about the size of it.  It's the same thing he did a couple of weeks ago when he threw Aceves under the bus by saying that Aceves was all he had.

I just can't believe that some people don't find anything wrong with Bobby making a comment like this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

Re:

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's right.