BIG NO on Acquiring Cliff Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Re: BIG NO on Acquiring Cliff Lee

I don't think they have to avoid long term, big money deals all together, just be smart about who they're giving them to.

Manny made around $20 million a year, didn't he? Schilling wasn't cheap, and he wasn't young when they traded for him.

It's not about going cheap, or young, they have the resources to acquire star talent...it's a matter of acquiring the right talent instead of whoever happens to be available because you have the money to sign them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59 comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCarthy would be my choice moon.  He has already shown the ability to pitch and have success in the AL like Lee and is only 29.  I think Brandon would fit right in with the guys and have some nice years in Boston. 

I do worry about this:

Only 1 season of over 108 IP.
    2.59 Home ERA/ 3.66 Away ERA in 2012 (not that 3.66 is bad)
    2.65 Home ERA/3.99  Away ERA in 2011
    Again, not a bad away ERA, but if we sign him, and he has a 4.50 ERA at Fenway and a 4.00 on the road, he will not earn what he will be paid.

I still like him as one of the best choices in a limited FA market.

[/QUOTE]

Look at this way moon, even with his away ERA hes better than 90% of the staff we probably have now.  But I didn't know about the Fenway stat, maybe we just have better hitters than everyone else :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If I could find someone for 1, maybe 2yrs to lead this rotation then OK. Ive been watching video of DeLaRosa...The kids ball movement reminds me of Pedros. When he get his velocity back up this offseason, he could be something special IMO. Afterall he was the #3 prospect and rising in LA system before TJS. Fill the holes for a year or 2 and see how Barnes, Webster and DeLa Rosa look throughout 2013.
    On a side note, Bob Neumeier commented on how he really liked Rubby DeLARosas name except pronounced it Rub-bee instead of like the way it should be roo-bee. Actually thought his name was pronounced like that...Idiot. I can understand some fans messing up a guys name, but I would at least think that the guys who have actual jobs in sprots broadcasting for our team would get it right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777 comment:

If I could find someone for 1, maybe 2yrs to lead this rotation then OK. Ive been watching video of DeLaRosa...The kids ball movement reminds me of Pedros. When he get his velocity back up this offseason, he could be something special IMO. Afterall he was the #3 prospect and rising in LA system before TJS. Fill the holes for a year or 2 and see how Barnes, Webster and DeLa Rosa look throughout 2013.
    On a side note, Bob Neumeier commented on how he really liked Rubby DeLARosas name except pronounced it Rub-bee instead of like the way it should be roo-bee. Actually thought his name was pronounced like that...Idiot. I can understand some fans messing up a guys name, but I would at least think that the guys who have actual jobs in sprots broadcasting for our team would get it right.

We can only hope southpaw, but how often does a trade bring return talent?  I guess we can't complain either way being 250mil lighter in the wallet.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts