Big Papi' $AM$UNG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Big Papi' $AM$UNG

There seems to be some bellyaching today about Papi's money grubbing corporate moves.....comments? cant believe no one even referenced this....

btw looks like Big Papi Samsung threw the president under the bus this time

around....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/white-house-objects-to-big-papi-samsung-selfie-with-president-obama/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Big Papi' $AM$UNG

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There seems to be some bellyaching today about Papi's money grubbing corporate moves.....comments? cant believe no one even referenced this....

around....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/white-house-objects-to-big-papi-samsung-selfie-with-president-obama/

[/QUOTE]

All I know is Papi is looking good early this regular season. But you cant be happy with that, so you need to have your issue. Hope it makes you happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

All I know is Papi is looking good early this regular season. But you cant be happy with that, so you need to have your issue. Hope it makes you happy.

[/QUOTE]

he does look good and if you want you can take a picture with him with his SAMSUNG phone...cha ching sucker!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mikzor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he does look good and if you want you can take a picture with him with his SAMSUNG phone...cha ching sucker!

[/QUOTE]

You mad bro?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

Wow.... looks like the sports rags didn't have anything else to write about. Boy are they gonna be screwed when Ortiz retires.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Big Papi anymore..... he should enjoy all this banter, it is doubly exciting watching the haters get all stirred up.

Ohhhhhh..... I wonder what next week will bring :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

Wow.... looks like the sports rags didn't have anything else to write about. Boy are they gonna be screwed when Ortiz retires.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Big Papi anymore..... he should enjoy all this banter, it is doubly exciting watching the haters get all stirred up.

[/QUOTE]

you apparently didnt read the article...it is a political story from abc news about how the white house was unhappy with Big papi Samsung for making money off of his selfie as part of his deal with his new boss....I gfuess that trumps the respect and office of the presidency....he should apologize and he probably will....that was low-class and confirms exactly what ive been saying about him...its all about him and his $$$$ before the team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

mikzor, Big Papi Samsung says "this is my f'n cell"  pay up sheep

[/QUOTE]

There were some tweets that the White House isn't happy. 

"As a rule The White House objects to attempts to use the president's likeness for commercial purposes".

The artice is by matt viser in the boston globe.

or @jennabelson

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you apparently didnt read the article...it is a political story from abc news about how the white house was unhappy with Big papi Samsung for making money off of his selfie as part of his deal with his new boss....I gfuess that trumps the respect and office of the presidency....he should apologize and he probably will....that was low-class and confirms exactly what ive been saying about him...its all about him and his $$$$ before the team

[/QUOTE]

Is this really all you have?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I'm kind of confused here....

So the President takes a photo with the Red Sox holding up a Sox shirt, the Red Sox used numerous photos during their trip to the Whitehouse that they tweeted and posted. Aren't they using a few of the pictures with Obama as advertising?  Does the Whitehouse object to the numerous photos used on @redsox ???

Aren't the Red Sox making money off the various shots of the team at the Whitehouse? The Red Sox are a business after all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

around....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go to @redsox on Twitter and check out the numerous photos the Red Sox are using to their advantage. Then get back to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Boston Red Sox @RedSox Apr 1

Greatest #selfie ever? @BarackObama @davidortiz #SoxAndStripes #Champs pic.twitter.com/9ylLZ04yVz

Embedded image permalink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

A picture with a veteran from Walter Reed would have been more impressive.  Are there any out there with David and a vet taken with his new samsung?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A picture with a veteran from Walter Reed would have been more impressive.  Are there any out there with David and a vet taken with his new samsung?

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz himself put this story in the proper context when he spoke about meeting with a soldier at Walter Reed Medical Center after the White House visit.

“One thing that happened to me is one young man, 26 right now,” he said. “He got both of his legs blown up with a bomb. His spirit was so good. Me and [Dustin] Pedroia were looking at each other like, ‘Seriously?’ There are so many people complaining about stupid things in life.

“The best thing that happened to me is going to look at this guy because it made me a better human being. I had a really good time there yesterday and getting to hang out with him and people doing their thing for all of us.

“Everybody should go hang out with these people. This guy is sitting on the bed with no legs and he was acting like he was the happiest man on planet Earth just because we went out and saw him and talked to him.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of Samsung, I used to work for them in Korea.  My hours were Monday through Saturday, 9am to 7pm.  Frown

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

White House Objects to ‘Big Papi’ Samsung Selfie With President Obama

"As a rule The White House objects to attempts to use the president's likeness for commercial purposes".

taking prez'z photo - bad

wearing the flag - good

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

The White House @WhiteHouse Apr 1 MT @DavidOrtiz: What an honor! Thanks for the #selfie, President Obama pic.twitter.com/Bo6TA5MhEy

Embedded image permalink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I guess there are no pictures of Ortiz with a vet from Walter Reed.  I guess Samsung wasn't paying out for them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If you were to remove all of the clothes, cars, meals and trinkets that star athletes receive as promotional advertisement, the poor fellows would be naked, hungry and bored.  Papi signed a deal with Samsung recently.  That doesn't exactly rock my ethics boat.  He used that phone to take a selfie with the president.  I don't get it.  If one takes issue with a lack of respect in taking a selfie with the POTUS, I can understand that (I personally think it was cool).  But, this whole Samsung promo selfie thing is a crazy fabrication of nonsense.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I was looking for a selfie taken by Ortiz with his samsung.  There were plenty of group pictures of the team with the Pres., but Ortiz managed to get the selfie in with his samsung of which he was getting paid to do.  That is a nice picture and he is nice to have gone but I still would have been more impressed with a selfie with a soldier over the president, which seems to have made him money from samsung

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I was looking for a selfie taken by Ortiz with his samsung.  There were plenty of group pictures of the team with the Pres., but Ortiz managed to get the selfie in with his samsung of which he was getting paid to do.  That is a nice picture and he is nice to have gone but I still would have been more impressed with a selfie with a soldier over the president, which seems to have made him money from samsung

Heee heee.... guess I'm not on ignore ;-)

Oh....when miscricket gets back from her lenten sabatical from twitter, maybe then she'll weigh in.

PS...your jackbu is starting to show with the Papi hate Tongue Out

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm kind of confused here....

So the President takes a photo with the Red Sox holding up a Sox shirt, the Red Sox used numerous photos during their trip to the Whitehouse that they tweeted and posted. Aren't they using a few of the pictures with Obama as advertising?  Does the Whitehouse object to the numerous photos used on @redsox ???

Aren't the Red Sox making money off the various shots of the team at the Whitehouse? The Red Sox are a business after all.

[/QUOTE]
    The real point is that Obama and his administraion are using the Red Sox likeness to gain political favor from Sports fans!  They should be paying Papi just for showing up to their litle garden party...After all there is a Red Sox Nation not an Obama-Nation!