Big Papi' $AM$UNG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Big Papi' $AM$UNG

michelle does not look amused lol
	President Barack Obama jokes with Danish prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, left, as first lady Michelle Obama looks on at right during the memorial service for former South African president Nelson Mandela at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, near Johannesburg, South Africa, Tuesday Dec. 10, 2013.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I think she's had enough.  
	President Barack Obama jokes with Danish prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, left, as first lady Michelle Obama looks on at right during the memorial service for former South African president Nelson Mandela at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, near Johannesburg, South Africa, Tuesday Dec. 10, 2013. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

This is a "much to do about nothing" event...... It was great to see our SOX at the W H in an enviorment of fun & acomplishment..... As far as the "snit" about the "selfie", I would say that both participants got mileage out of it !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

This is a "much to do about nothing" event...... It was great to see our SOX at the W H in an enviorment of fun & acomplishment..... As far as the "snit" about the "selfie", I would say that both participants got mileage out of it !!!

Welcome back billy.  I have to admit, the board has been a little dull without you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Sorry, just couldn't resist since this thread is about selfies. Tongue Out

I don't like ortiz's outbursts but I like what he does at the plate.  I also believe in hard work and the american dream.  Ortiz has worked hard to get where he is, good for him.  He has a contract with samsung so he can make money.  Not a crime.

I don't have a problem with what ortiz did but I do have a problem with the disrespect shown by the prez at a funeral.  I bet michelle had a thing or two to say about his behavior LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CoolCoolCoolIn response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Welcome back billy.  I have to admit, the board has been a little dull without you.

Thanks RSD..... You don't know how much I missed being kicked around on a daily basis !!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

CoolCoolCoolIn response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Thanks RSD..... You don't know how much I missed being kicked around on a daily basis !!! 

Great to see you bill, I missed you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I've heard this a lot in the news lately, with various opinions. And I can't help wondering: Why would anyone give a rat's butt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Another picture at Mandela's funeral
	President Barack Obama jokes with Danish prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, left, as first lady Michelle Obama looks on at right during the memorial service for former South African president Nelson Mandela at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, near Johannesburg, South Africa, Tuesday Dec. 10, 2013. 

'67, it wasn't a "funeral."

This from CNN.com: "Inside the stadium, the atmosphere was celebratory, with people dancing, blowing vuvuzela plastic horns and singing songs from the anti-apartheid struggle."

Oh, and here's another picture from the memorial service:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

gives new meanng to the term "media assassins"...pretty soon they'll accuse him of taking batter's box selfies Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I've heard this a lot in the news lately, with various opinions. And I can't help wondering: Why would anyone give a rat's butt?

Lloyd, live chat is up and running. We're getting the band back together. Same link as last year. Did you save it? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Lloyd, live chat is up and running. Same link as last year. Did you save it? 

I'm not sure. It changed so many times. If you don't mind, can you message it to me?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'm not sure. It changed so many times. If you don't mind, can you message it to me?

I wouldn't mind at al, but the message feature isn't working. It was the link, ending in 94. I'll have PG catch up with you here, with his email, and he can send it to you. Hope all is well with you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I wouldn't mind, but the message feature isn't working. It was the last link, ended in 94. I'll have PG catch up with you here, with his email, and he can send it to you. Hope all is well with you. 

Thanks much J-Bay.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

There are always people that just hate Big Papi. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The story behind this picture, as just told by Tom Warner: Ortiz walked over to visit this Veteran at Walter Reed, and he told him he was more of a hockey fan. Ortiz said, Oh OK, took out his SAMSUNG phone, called Shawn Thornton and said, there's someone here who wants to talk to you and handed the wounded Vet his phone. Anyone? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The story behind this picture, as just told by Tom Warner: Ortiz walked over to visit this Veteran at Walter Reed, and he told him he was more of a hockey fan. Ortiz oh OK, took out his SAMSUNG phone, called Shaun Thornton and said there's someone here who wants to talk to you and handed the wounded Vet his phone. Anyone? 

Yet another reason why Papi is rapidly closing in on Dwight Evans as my favorite Red Sox player ever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The story behind this picture, as just told by Tom Warner: Ortiz walked over to visit this Veteran at Walter Reed, and he told him he was more of a hockey fan. Ortiz; Oh OK, took out his SAMSUNG phone, called Shawn Thornton and said; there's someone here who wants to talk to you and handed the wounded Vet his phone. Anyone? 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts