Big Papi' $AM$UNG

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Big Papi' $AM$UNG

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to PompanoJoe's comment:

They will probably blame Bush for Owebummercare by the time all is said and done.

7MM americans have health insurance today that might not have had it a few weeks ago.  Bush should be so lucky.

Only morons and religious fanatics (same thing) stick up for Bush. 

Thats an overgeneralization and you know it. I am no Bush fan, but I can see how some people can have the opinion that Bush, despite his faults, OVERALL is not a bad person or even a bad President. Some of his policies were, IMO, off base, but others such as the tax cuts he advocated were on target. Its short sighted to say that only morons and religious fanatics defend Bush; some highly intelligent nonreligious individuals support him too.

He and his ventriloquist, Cheney, s/b in jail for war crimes. Bush was such a lousy president that he made it possible for an African-American to be elected in a country that still has race issues. McCain and Palin were also very helpful in getting that done. Next up, Hillary Clinton, the 1st female president in a country that still has large sexist issues. If only the republican party could come up with a candidate that wasn't either nuts or robotic. Good luck with Christie.

I agree that Bush was probably the worst President in modern history. However, I do not think that only morons and religious fanatics defend him. That was my point. We can discuss politics and disagree agreeably without labeling those who defend people on the right as either a moron or a religious fanatic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

They will probably blame Bush for Owebummercare by the time all is said and done.

7MM americans have health insurance today that might not have had it a few weeks ago.  Bush should be so lucky.

Yes, and I'm one of the lucky ones because obamacare.  I liked my insurance plan and wanted to keep it.  The president promised about 39 times I think that I would be able to keep my health care if I liked it. But......

We recieved a letter from our insurance company that our insurance plan is cancelled due to obamacare. Now mind you our insurance had already risen 70% since obamacare was made a law. We pay about $2,200.00 a month.  

Our plan was cancelled because our plan didn't meet the laws requirements like birth control and maternity care.

Well, thank goodness the new plan forced on me has maternity coverage because a 60 year old woman who has had a hystorectomy must be prepared for a new baby not to mention birth control.  

On top of all this our $500.00 deductable has gone up to a $5,000.00 deductible.  Did I mention that was per person? So if my husband and I get into a car accident and end up in the hospital we have a $10,000 deductible. This is on top of paying $2,200.00 a month.

I shouldn't brag about how great obamacare has been for me because others have it much better.  Some gals with advanced cancer have lost their doctors and access to top noch cancer hospitals.  Some doctors and hospitals aren't cover by obamacare but, hey, who cares.  At least all those 26 year olds  don't have good jobs due to the painfuly slow recovery are coverd under mommy and daddy's plan.

I'm a little concerned about the cancer thing because my mom and her two sisters died of cancer so my chances are pretty good of getting it.  But hey, we all have to die of something so I shouldn't be concerned about having coverage that would pay for excellent care.  Did I mention that $5,000.00 deductible per year?

Of the 7 million no one knows how many have paid and how many are signed up because obamacare bumped them from their own insurance.  There are also the back end problems.

But I digress.  Who cares if obama lied about keeping your health plan!  I for one am thrilled with the way things have turned out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Frankly, I do not understand what the big deal is about all of this. Perhaps someone could let me know what happened and why there is so much concern about Ortiz's behavior. I admit I was in Las Vegas when all this went down and wasn't paying attention to it at all. Is this really about Ortiz having his picture taken with Obama with a cell phone in the pic as well? Really?

The same day as the event at the White House, the internet carried a truly excellent selfie, shot by Ortiz, of him and the President and about a dozen Sox players and executives in the background.  Spontaneous, marvelous picture/happening.  Wild applause, Big Papi. 

Then the story came out that Ortiz had actually engaged with Samsung to do this picture for money, so suddenly the selfie was not quite so spontaneours, marvelous or worthy of wild applause.  It was just one very wealthy MLB player trying to make even more money, perhaps to cover part of his alimony, who knows. 

Opinion on the above is divided.  I side with those who think Ortiz was out of line, but others think the President was out of line for even inviting the Sox to the White House for blatant and scurrilous political exploitation.   How dare he? 

Can you post a link to the story?

That's my question -- did Papi do this spontaneously and then Samsunbg grabbed it, or did Ortiz know he was doing it for Samsung?  Big difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Thats an overgeneralization and you know it. I am no Bush fan, but I can see how some people can have the opinion that Bush, despite his faults, OVERALL is not a bad person or even a bad President. Some of his policies were, IMO, off base, but others such as the tax cuts he advocated were on target. Its short sighted to say that only morons and religious fanatics defend Bush; some highly intelligent nonreligious individuals support him too.

even the tax cuts weren't a good idea.  Not when we were at two wars and the balanced budget which he inherited was sky-rocketing and plus we were borrowing from china to pay for the wars.

As far as Ortiz and his picture.  The white house asked that no one have cell phones.  The white most likely should have searched if they wanted their policies enforced.  It did not take long, the next group by was told no selfies and no the no cell phone policy was enforced

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He and his ventriloquist, Cheney, s/b in jail for war crimes. Bush was such a lousy president that he made it possible for an African-American to be elected in a country that still has race issues. McCain and Palin were also very helpful in getting that done. Next up, Hillary Clinton, the 1st female president in a country that still has large sexist issues. If only the republican party could come up with a candidate that wasn't either nuts or robotic. Good luck with Christie.

I agree that Bush was probably the worst President in modern history. However, I do not think that only morons and religious fanatics defend him. That was my point. We can discuss politics and disagree agreeably without labeling those who defend people on the right as either a moron or a religious fanatic.

You are being extremely easy on Carter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Yes, and I'm one of the lucky ones because obamacare.  I liked my insurance plan and wanted to keep it.  The president promised about 39 times I think that I would be able to keep my health care if I liked it. But......

We recieved a letter from our insurance company that our insurance plan is cancelled due to obamacare. Now mind you our insurance had already risen 70% since obamacare was made a law. We pay about $2,200.00 a month.  

Our plan was cancelled because our plan didn't meet the laws requirements like birth control and maternity care.

Well, thank goodness the new plan forced on me has maternity coverage because a 60 year old woman who has had a hystorectomy must be prepared for a new baby not to mention birth control.  

On top of all this our $500.00 deductable has gone up to a $5,000.00 deductible.  Did I mention that was per person? So if my husband and I get into a car accident and end up in the hospital we have a $10,000 deductible. This is on top of paying $2,200.00 a month.

I shouldn't brag about how great obamacare has been for me because others have it much better.  Some gals with advanced cancer have lost their doctors and access to top noch cancer hospitals.  Some doctors and hospitals aren't cover by obamacare but, hey, who cares.  At least all those 26 year olds  don't have good jobs due to the painfuly slow recovery are coverd under mommy and daddy's plan.

I'm a little concerned about the cancer thing because my mom and her two sisters died of cancer so my chances are pretty good of getting it.  But hey, we all have to die of something so I shouldn't be concerned about having coverage that would pay for excellent care.  Did I mention that $5,000.00 deductible per year?

Of the 7 million no one knows how many have paid and how many are signed up because obamacare bumped them from their own insurance.  There are also the back end problems.

But I digress.  Who cares if obama lied about keeping your health plan!  I for one am thrilled with the way things have turned out!

The reason you plan was cancelled was cancel for a variety of reasons. Most likely because it charged a co-pay for preemptive care because most insurance covered enough BC and maternity care to skate by. On the of this your post has very little facts and is just right wIng talking points. If you actually believe this, you truly need to broaden your horizons. On top of there is a two year extension for all would be cancelled plans. You can call me a leftist but truth be told I am a pretty big liberatarian and truly dislike the ACA because it stifles the free market which would mean cheaper and better health care for all. However I don't use lies and half truths to feel justified in my racist world view.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I think David was a little over the top just now when people were taking selfies with him.  Slapping Samsung stickers on their backs as they walked away was little promtional.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Keep drinking the kool aid with the rest of the sheeple.

The CBO has already stated they expect 31M to be uninsured in ten years, roughly the same amount that is presently uninsured.

In 2011 there was over 48 million uninsured Americans.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The CBO has already stated they expect 31M to be uninsured in ten years, roughly the same amount that is presently uninsured.

That's the beauty of Obamacare we get to pay so all of the uninsured can get healthcare...It's an Obamanation

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The reason you plan was cancelled was cancel for a variety of reasons. Most likely because it charged a co-pay for preemptive care because most insurance covered enough BC and maternity care to skate by.

I didn't know you got a chance to read the letter the insurance company sent to me and my husband.  Thanks so much for clearing this up.

On the of this your post has very little facts and is just right wIng talking points. If you actually believe this, you truly need to broaden your horizons. for all would be cancelledOn top of there is a two year extension  plans.

My plan is already cancelled.  It was no small task for the insurance company to change over to obamacare, it is no small task to change back.  It takes time and money so I am stuck with the higher premiums and deductibles.

You can call me a leftist but truth be told I am a pretty big liberatarian and truly dislike the ACA because it stifles the free market which would mean cheaper and better health care for all. However I don't use lies and half truths to feel justified in my racist world view.

Wow, name calling at it's best.  I'm a liar AND a racist.  Who knewUndecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

That's the beauty of Obamacare we get to pay so all of the uninsured can get healthcare...It's an Obamanation

I watched the ID channel last night.  It was about evil twin sisters who swindled the Bush Adminstration out of 20 million dollars. They billed up to one million dollars for 30 cents worth of washers.

I just hope Obama has a better handle on things while he develops his health care paln.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Frankly, I do not understand what the big deal is about all of this. Perhaps someone could let me know what happened and why there is so much concern about Ortiz's behavior. I admit I was in Las Vegas when all this went down and wasn't paying attention to it at all. Is this really about Ortiz having his picture taken with Obama with a cell phone in the pic as well? Really?

I can't believe we finally agree on somethingWink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The reason you plan was cancelled was cancel for a variety of reasons. Most likely because it charged a co-pay for preemptive care because most insurance covered enough BC and maternity care to skate by.

I didn't know you got a chance to read the letter the insurance company sent to me and my husband.  Thanks so much for clearing this up.

On the of this your post has very little facts and is just right wIng talking points. If you actually believe this, you truly need to broaden your horizons. for all would be cancelledOn top of there is a two year extension  plans.

My plan is already cancelled.  It was no small task for the insurance company to change over to obamacare, it is no small task to change back.  It takes time and money so I am stuck with the higher premiums and deductibles.

You can call me a leftist but truth be told I am a pretty big liberatarian and truly dislike the ACA because it stifles the free market which would mean cheaper and better health care for all. However I don't use lies and half truths to feel justified in my racist world view.

67 I'm with you by the time the extentions were given, most of the insurance companies that offered plans like you had no longer offered them.  Also if you work for a company that offeres an insurance plan you are reqiured to use their plan even when they double the rates like mine did.  However, if I quit my job and work part time for McDonalds I can get free coverage and probably unemployment as well!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

what state do you live in?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ugh.  Can we pass on the Health Insurance talk?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

67 I'm with you by the time the extentions were given, most of the insurance companies that offered plans like you had no longer offered them.  Also if you work for a company that offeres an insurance plan you are reqiured to use their plan even when they double the rates like mine did.  However, if I quit my job and work part time for McDonalds I can get free coverage and probably unemployment as well!

I feel bad for those who back obamacare.  The bill is full of tax hikes and regulations.  Unelected czars will be appointed to interpret what's in obamacare so no telling how things will shake out. If we don't like what they do we have no recourse because we can't vote them out of office.  I don't think people realize how much freedom we are going to lose. Remember pelozi, you have to pass it to see what's in it?  How irresponsible is that!

We pay $2,200.00 a month for nothing.  It will take a lot of doctors visits to get to $5,000.00  My doctor and even some left wing dems  friends are upset about what happened to us and we are not the only ones.

The only thing the left has now is to call us liars because their truth is so bad.  I don't get mad at this anymore.  Like I said I feel bad for them because we are all in the same boat. If we sink we all sink together.

I'm a 60 year old woman who liked her health care.  Obama said I could keep my healthcare.  Because of him I couldn't.  I don't have coverage for what I need but at least I won't have to worry about costs in case I get pregnant!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:

what state do you live in?

northern virginia

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yes we can.  This is a baseball forum so we should stick with that.  My personal financial problem with obamacare is not your problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

There wasn't really a whole lot of hope for this thread to begin with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

its called the Affordable Care Act.  and it's a law.  just like the right to carry guns that you would kill CT 1st graders to protect. or do you only pick and choose which laws you want to fervently defend???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

There wasn't really a whole lot of hope for this thread to begin with.

hillarious

Sections
Shortcuts