In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PompanoJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They will probably blame Bush for Owebummercare by the time all is said and done.

7MM americans have health insurance today that might not have had it a few weeks ago.  Bush should be so lucky.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'm one of the lucky ones because obamacare.  I liked my insurance plan and wanted to keep it.  The president promised about 39 times I think that I would be able to keep my health care if I liked it. But......

We recieved a letter from our insurance company that our insurance plan is cancelled due to obamacare. Now mind you our insurance had already risen 70% since obamacare was made a law. We pay about $2,200.00 a month.  

Our plan was cancelled because our plan didn't meet the laws requirements like birth control and maternity care.

Well, thank goodness the new plan forced on me has maternity coverage because a 60 year old woman who has had a hystorectomy must be prepared for a new baby not to mention birth control.  

On top of all this our $500.00 deductable has gone up to a $5,000.00 deductible.  Did I mention that was per person? So if my husband and I get into a car accident and end up in the hospital we have a $10,000 deductible. This is on top of paying $2,200.00 a month.

I shouldn't brag about how great obamacare has been for me because others have it much better.  Some gals with advanced cancer have lost their doctors and access to top noch cancer hospitals.  Some doctors and hospitals aren't cover by obamacare but, hey, who cares.  At least all those 26 year olds  don't have good jobs due to the painfuly slow recovery are coverd under mommy and daddy's plan.

I'm a little concerned about the cancer thing because my mom and her two sisters died of cancer so my chances are pretty good of getting it.  But hey, we all have to die of something so I shouldn't be concerned about having coverage that would pay for excellent care.  Did I mention that $5,000.00 deductible per year?

Of the 7 million no one knows how many have paid and how many are signed up because obamacare bumped them from their own insurance.  There are also the back end problems.

But I digress.  Who cares if obama lied about keeping your health plan!  I for one am thrilled with the way things have turned out!

[/QUOTE]

The reason you plan was cancelled was cancel for a variety of reasons. Most likely because it charged a co-pay for preemptive care because most insurance covered enough BC and maternity care to skate by.

I didn't know you got a chance to read the letter the insurance company sent to me and my husband.  Thanks so much for clearing this up.

On the of this your post has very little facts and is just right wIng talking points. If you actually believe this, you truly need to broaden your horizons. for all would be cancelledOn top of there is a two year extension  plans.

My plan is already cancelled.  It was no small task for the insurance company to change over to obamacare, it is no small task to change back.  It takes time and money so I am stuck with the higher premiums and deductibles.

You can call me a leftist but truth be told I am a pretty big liberatarian and truly dislike the ACA because it stifles the free market which would mean cheaper and better health care for all. However I don't use lies and half truths to feel justified in my racist world view.

Wow, name calling at it's best.  I'm a liar AND a racist.  Who knewUndecided

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

67 I'm with you by the time the extentions were given, most of the insurance companies that offered plans like you had no longer offered them.  Also if you work for a company that offeres an insurance plan you are reqiured to use their plan even when they double the rates like mine did.  However, if I quit my job and work part time for McDonalds I can get free coverage and probably unemployment as well!

[/QUOTE]

So you'd quit your full-time job at Taco Bell to work part-time at McDonalds just to get cheaper insurance rates. Sounds like a good plan.

[/QUOTE]
    Poor little Crowbot you have no clue at all do you, enjoy your free healthcare I'm paying a big chunk of it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Big Papi' $AM$UNG

Jesus and Mary Chain, what an idiotic thread this has become.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[/QUOTE]

67 I'm with you by the time the extentions were given, most of the insurance companies that offered plans like you had no longer offered them.  Also if you work for a company that offeres an insurance plan you are reqiured to use their plan even when they double the rates like mine did.  However, if I quit my job and work part time for McDonalds I can get free coverage and probably unemployment as well!

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how close that is to a reality I consider. I make 40-50k a year as an independent contractor.

Thanks to domestic partnership laws, I am covered by my girlfriends insurance she gets as a Healthcare employee. Without that, I can tell you right now, I ran the numbers, and for me to leave my work as an independent contractor, and take a PART TIME job, after the welfare and benefits, I'd actually be better off, with more disposable income, and working fewer hours.

The only thing keeping me from doing it is a refusal to willingly make myself part of that problem. For those that don't believe it, here's some numbers:

Daughters daycare last summer: $40 a day at the city run center, $200 a week. If I were to take the steps I mentioned above, Kindercare would have stepped in, and my portion would have been <$31 A WEEK. Net savings, on that on aspect alone, $169 per week. Nevermind fuel assistance, EBT, welfare, etc etc. I don't have credit card debt, nor student loans following me around.

So, with all that being said...I'd like to thank the tireless work of the thousands of people who have fought for rights for same sex couples...as I, too, have been able to benefit from that without needing to fulfill some archaic need to be 'married' on top of living together, having a child, and sharing every expense.

Oh yeah, that lack of marriage and child could yield ALL KINDS of benefits from the state if I went after them. I'm trying to do it the right way, and my own government conspires against me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

I won't argue that.  The Liberals might argue on it, and the rich Repubs will trumpet your story round the nation  until they are blue in face (though they could give a ratz behind about you in reality).....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Tacky move, Papi, tacky.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

its called the Affordable Care Act.  and it's a law.  just like the right to carry guns that you would kill CT 1st graders to protect. or do you only pick and choose which laws you want to fervently defend???

[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if Obama followed the law.

[/QUOTE]

thats not what i asked.

[/QUOTE]

Slash, don't waste your time on the predominant political and social demographic here. It's widely known to all intelligent people that the the US has the lowest overall tax rate of all Western countries. Disgracefully low, IMO.  There is no debate.....it's like saying the sky is blue.

Re universal healthcare, I'd bet that 99% of those opposed to it have never lived for any length of time in a country that provides it.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 

[/QUOTE]

I might agree - and i started it....with good intentions believe it or not

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bogeyatmidnite's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thread looks like a piece of swiss cheese with so many holes in it. What happened to crowtrobot? 

[/QUOTE]

He was assaulted by Jared.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tacky move, Papi, tacky.

[/QUOTE]

Worse than tacky if he hatched the plan in advance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/06/obama-selfies_n_5101861.html

Papi's stunt is totally not appreciated ....crass 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/06/obama-selfies_n_5101861.html

Papi's stunt is totally not appreciated ....crass 

[/QUOTE]

Papi has 3 WS rings; all with the Red Sox. That was some stunt. 

As for his other stunts, WGAS?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

its called the Affordable Care Act.  and it's a law.  just like the right to carry guns that you would kill CT 1st graders to protect. or do you only pick and choose which laws you want to fervently defend???

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah...without getting into the health care debate, of course we all do this.

The fact that something has succeeded in becoming a law does not mean it is wise, or practical, or moral, or what have you. A lot of horrible things were once "law" in this country (and perhaps some still are). The ACA might be awesome or it might stink, but in my opinion if you have to defend it by saying "Well, it's the law, so get used to it!" you've already conceded the debate.

[/QUOTE]

no offense FJ, but i never said "get used to it".  i asked if you only pick and choose which laws to defend.  believe it or not, there is a difference.

to me...it is slightly insane to defend a law that kills children and relentlessly crucify a different law that actually helps children. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah...without getting into the health care debate, of course we all do this.

The fact that something has succeeded in becoming a law does not mean it is wise, or practical, or moral, or what have you. A lot of horrible things were once "law" in this country (and perhaps some still are). The ACA might be awesome or it might stink, but in my opinion if you have to defend it by saying "Well, it's the law, so get used to it!" you've already conceded the debate.

[/QUOTE]

no offense FJ, but i never said "get used to it".  i asked if you only pick and choose which laws to defend.  believe it or not, there is a difference.

to me...it is slightly insane to defend a law that kills children and relentlessly crucify a different law that actually helps children. 

[/QUOTE]

No offense taken, slasher...I know you didn't say "get used to it," it's something I've heard from others with regards to the law. That was a general criticism, not directed at you...sorry if it read that way. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Bogeyatmidnite's comment:

Mickey Rooney passed away. R.I.P. Mickey. 

Ok, I am glad I visited this thread.  He lived a nice long life and was a great actor who was in movies with some great leading ladies.  One of the few successful actors to cross over from silent films to talkies.

24. This post has been removed.