Big Papi' $AM$UNG

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Big Papi' $AM$UNG

Samsung admitted they planned, and helped Ortiz do this. Ortiz said, before the trip, he was going to take one. It was a total set-up.

To me, that makes the whole thing meaningless. It wasn't organic. It wasn't genuine.

I'm disappointed Ortiz took a TEAM moment to make some extra money, but not surprised.

I'm MORE disappointed that Samsung stooped to SUCH a low level to get some photo to t w a t out to the masses of illiteracy.

Yes, I have a problem that a corporation used an athlete to wrangle the PRESIDENT OF THE FKING COUNTRY into what amounts to a promotional photo.

At times like this, I like to imagine old-fashined KGB-types entering a glass and chrome highrise somewhere looking to speak to some pencil necked d o u c h e about a photo that shouldn't have been taken.

This country has turned into a joke. People defending this at all just falls in line with the society of idiocy it is turning in to.

Ortiz made a mistake. Was it egregious? No, it was just stupid. It's ok to say Ortiz did something dumb. Samsung, on the other hand...dd what businesses do, and why I will never support big business...they lie, cheat, steal, backstab and do WHATEVER NECCESSARY to make another buck. Fk them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Samsung admitted they planned, and helped Ortiz do this. Ortiz said, before the trip, he was going to take one. It was a total set-up.

To me, that makes the whole thing meaningless. It wasn't organic. It wasn't genuine.

I'm disappointed Ortiz took a TEAM moment to make some extra money, but not surprised.

I'm MORE disappointed that Samsung stooped to SUCH a low level to get some photo to t w a t out to the masses of illiteracy.

Yes, I have a problem that a corporation used an athlete to wrangle the PRESIDENT OF THE FKING COUNTRY into what amounts to a promotional photo.

At times like this, I like to imagine old-fashined KGB-types entering a glass and chrome highrise somewhere looking to speak to some pencil necked d o u c h e about a photo that shouldn't have been taken.

This country has turned into a joke. People defending this at all just falls in line with the society of idiocy it is turning in to.

Ortiz made a mistake. Was it egregious? No, it was just stupid. It's ok to say Ortiz did something dumb. Samsung, on the other hand...dd what businesses do, and why I will never support big business...they lie, cheat, steal, backstab and do WHATEVER NECCESSARY to make another buck. Fk them.

[/QUOTE]

That's all well and good....if you were impartial. You've already made your dislike for Ortiz well known, so it doesn't matter what he does.....you'll find a way to rip him...just like his other haters.

If you...and the other haters, take the time to read the story correctly....Ortiz and Samsung had a deal and ideas Samsung encouraged Ortiz to take pictures. The selfie itself was not a set up, it was spur of the moment.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

“I also saw, so the Red Sox won the World Series, congratulations Red Sox,” Maher said to Weiner. “So the parade, they go to the place where the marathon bombing took place, they put the World Series statue there and they sing God Bless America and they say ‘Boston strong’ and they chant ‘USA,’ you know. It was again, a bad day, three people died, that’s terrible. More were maimed, that’s horrible, but unfortunately that happens every day, in car accidents and everything else. I mean, you city was not leveled by Godzilla.”  Bill Maher

Bill Maher's got a screw loose.  An accident, is just that. This, was no accident. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A picture with a veteran from Walter Reed would have been more impressive.  Are there any out there with David and a vet taken with his new samsung?

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz himself put this story in the proper context when he spoke about meeting with a soldier at Walter Reed Medical Center after the White House visit.

“One thing that happened to me is one young man, 26 right now,” he said. “He got both of his legs blown up with a bomb. His spirit was so good. Me and [Dustin] Pedroia were looking at each other like, ‘Seriously?’ There are so many people complaining about stupid things in life.

“The best thing that happened to me is going to look at this guy because it made me a better human being. I had a really good time there yesterday and getting to hang out with him and people doing their thing for all of us.

“Everybody should go hang out with these people. This guy is sitting on the bed with no legs and he was acting like he was the happiest man on planet Earth just because we went out and saw him and talked to him.”

[/QUOTE]

Like the OP of this thread and many other posts on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Still not sure why I should care.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

well Im glad that the actual selfie was eventually discussed instead of personal attacks...

now full disclosure...

I actually have no problem with Papi signing a deal with anyone that wants to pay for his services....now using the prez as a prop is a bit skeezy but as we all know, Im pretty sure the pres is using this visit and all sports teams visits to gain political favor soim calling a draw there...not showing up like Red State Tim Thomas or manny my grandma is dead is disrespectful...this? not really 

so in honor of my timely posts about Papi being old, fat, unmotivated and $elfish....i now change my avatar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's all well and good....if you were impartial. You've already made your dislike for Ortiz well known, so it doesn't matter what he does.....you'll find a way to rip him...just like his other haters.

If you...and the other haters, take the time to read the story correctly....Ortiz and Samsung had a deal and ideas Samsung encouraged Ortiz to take pictures. The selfie itself was not a set up, it was spur of the moment.

[/QUOTE]

Paint me in whatever false colors you like.

You know, every time an anti-Ortiz thread start, it runs for 3+ pages every time. When Ortiz got his extension...less than 2 pages of congratulations, one of which was ME. So take your holier-than-tou nonsense and shove it DIRECTLY up you a s s.

Take your own advice...take the time to READ once in a while.

It was NOT spur of the moment you wool growning, grass chomping sheep.

Here's the PROOF:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-02/how-samsung-tricked-obama-into-shooting-that-selfie-with-david-ortiz

Do you EVER fact check, or in your rush to powerwash Ortiz' ba ll s, do you miss all these INDISPUTABLE POINTS?

Through ALL of my negative comments about Ortiz, I've maintained I HATE his mouth, LOVE his play. My ONLY issues come from the selfish things he's said over the past 5+ years multiple times. I have PRAISED his ON THE FIELD PLAY almost as much, though admittedly less. Show me ONE TIME where I ripped him and didn't back it with facts and quotes FROM ORTIZ. I took you MOST RECENT POST to show how you just mindlessly defend him.

SO I suggest you read a little outside of what YOU write. Then, go find a mirror and reconsider this line: "That's all well and good....if you were impartial.", because one of us has shown a total ignorance of the facts available. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Given the performance of the government over the the last 20 years, that pack of bureaucrats don't have to right to express their "unhappiness" about anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Paint me in whatever false colors you like.

You know, every time an anti-Ortiz thread start, it runs for 3+ pages every time. When Ortiz got his extension...less than 2 pages of congratulations, one of which was ME. So take your holier-than-tou nonsense and shove it DIRECTLY up you a s s.

Take your own advice...take the time to READ once in a while.

It was NOT spur of the moment you wool growning, grass chomping sheep.

Here's the PROOF:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-02/how-samsung-tricked-obama-into-shooting-that-selfie-with-david-ortiz

Do you EVER fact check, or in your rush to powerwash Ortiz' ba ll s, do you miss all these INDISPUTABLE POINTS?

Through ALL of my negative comments about Ortiz, I've maintained I HATE his mouth, LOVE his play. My ONLY issues come from the selfish things he's said over the past 5+ years multiple times. I have PRAISED his ON THE FIELD PLAY almost as much, though admittedly less. Show me ONE TIME where I ripped him and didn't back it with facts and quotes FROM ORTIZ. I took you MOST RECENT POST to show how you just mindlessly defend him.

SO I suggest you read a little outside of what YOU write. Then, go find a mirror and reconsider this line: "That's all well and good....if you were impartial.", because one of us has shown a total ignorance of the facts available. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have seen you send compliments in the direction of some.  Because of your comments to david, your crticism of him getting paid by samsung, holds water.  Some people are going to defend their favorite athletes no matter what they do. 

But Ortiz was going to take the picture with or without the money, the money just made it easier to do.  Ortiz has been a supporter of Obama, sending out a tweet endorsing Obamacare.

Most likely what will happen in the future will be that no athletes will be allowed cell phones when near the President.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There seems to be some bellyaching today about Papi's money grubbing corporate moves.....comments? cant believe no one even referenced this....

btw looks like Big Papi Samsung threw the president under the bus this time

around....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/white-house-objects-to-big-papi-samsung-selfie-with-president-obama/

[/QUOTE]

Wow.... looks like the sports rags didn't have anything else to write about. Boy are they gonna be screwed when Ortiz retires.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Big Papi anymore..... he should enjoy all this banter, it is doubly exciting watching the haters get all stirred up.

Ohhhhhh..... I wonder what next week will bring :-)

[/QUOTE]

you apparently didnt read the article...it is a political story from abc news about how the white house was unhappy with Big papi Samsung for making money off of his selfie as part of his deal with his new boss....I gfuess that trumps the respect and office of the presidency....he should apologize and he probably will....that was low-class and confirms exactly what ive been saying about him...its all about him and his $$$$ before the team

[/QUOTE]

He took a selfie with Bush too in 2004, no money there. I think he would have done it anyway, except this time Samsung paid him.

I could care less if a sports star makes $$ off endorsements. what a non-story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm kind of confused here....

So the President takes a photo with the Red Sox holding up a Sox shirt, the Red Sox used numerous photos during their trip to the Whitehouse that they tweeted and posted. Aren't they using a few of the pictures with Obama as advertising?  Does the Whitehouse object to the numerous photos used on @redsox ???

Aren't the Red Sox making money off the various shots of the team at the Whitehouse? The Red Sox are a business after all.

[/QUOTE]

The whole championship team to the whitehouse thing, no matter what sport, is a big advertisement for said team AND the prez.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

The "non story" now has two posts by you and three pages.  It lit up twitter and a countless numbers of articles have been written.

It is not advertisement for a second term President.  In 2004 I agree it showed Bush's human gentle side at a time when he much needed it.

Please don't delete my post for disagreeing with you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Papi's chutzpah run amok.  Great but definitely tacky selfie that now brings smashing to the White House.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

The "non story" now has two posts by you and three pages.  It lit up twitter and a countless numbers of articles have been written.

It is no advertisement for a second term President.  In 2004 I agree it showed Bush's human gentle side at a time when he much needed it.

Please don't delete my post for disagreeing with you.

Its a non story to me personally. Of course its a big blown out of proportion story in the media. Thats what they do. try and make a big deal out of something thats not. Its how they make their $$.

People can disagree without being disrespectful. I have no issue with your response.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is silly. He has a deal with Samsung. This photo was not part of the deal. While Samsung has benefited pretty much solely from the faux contraversy, they did not pay him to take the photo. As a matter of fact if no one found out about the deal with Ortiz and Samsung no one would have even known/cared it was a Samsung phone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow a link to a Globe article gets removed... that is a first

[/QUOTE]

and mine. I guess one of the mods is a Bill Maher fan

I've never heard Bill Maher say anything that wasn't offensive, painful and ugly, with a half smile on his face. He would be dangerous, if he was in any position of power. Thankfully, he just thinks he's funny

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The selfie seen around the worldFuneral selfie: President Obama, British PM David Cameron and Denmark's Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt smile for a snap during Nelson Mandela’s memorial service.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Another picture at Mandela's funeral
	President Barack Obama jokes with Danish prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, left, as first lady Michelle Obama looks on at right during the memorial service for former South African president Nelson Mandela at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, near Johannesburg, South Africa, Tuesday Dec. 10, 2013. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This is silly. He has a deal with Samsung. This photo was not part of the deal. While Samsung has benefited pretty much solely from the faux contraversy, they did not pay him to take the photo. As a matter of fact if no one found out about the deal with Ortiz and Samsung no one would have even known/cared it was a Samsung phone.

+1, Joe. Everyone thought it was great, including the White house, until they found out about deal.  I guess O'bama won't be signing a book deal, once he's out of office.