Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3983394. Show user_3983394's posts

Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???

Big Papi apparently thinks that Boston has too much drama, and would consider playing for the Yankees....is this the latest icon to jump ship as well?

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7094409/david-ortiz-talks-boston-red-sox-mess-possible-free-agency-move-new-york-yankees

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???

I hope he goes I really do - and to New York. Just what they need is another DH, and one that will not hit more than 26 homers nor run out ground balls - and one that has to sit on the bench every game they play in an NL park. Cya.

Mr. "I'm a beast, strong as hell," rofl! He also should have added that no other team than New York would be able to afford to be dumb enough to pay the salary he so arrogantly feels entitled to. Perfect fit, stupidity on both ends.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???:
    I hope he goes I really do - and to New York. Just what they need is another DH, and one that will not hit more than 26 homers nor run out ground balls - and one that has to sit on the bench every game they play in an NL park. Cya. Mr. "I'm a beast, strong as hell," rofl! He also should have added that no other team than New York would be able to afford to be dumb enough to pay the salary he so arrogantly feels entitled to. Perfect fit, stupidity on both ends.
    Posted by BurritoT

I'll remember this for future reference. You have never let go of UR disdain for what may be the greatest DH in the game's history.
    You choose cheap shots over what he has meant to the RedSox...and two rings.
    No surprise here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't think Papi was one of the bad guys in what is now going around the rumor mill about the Sox - but I am concerned about the truth...with all the smoke - I am sure there is a bonfire burning in that clubhouse.  As far as Papi going to the Yankees, he was just asked if he would consider going to NY - he did not intimate that he wanted to go there...he just answered her question in a manner that left the door open since he is going to be a FA this year.  I have not heard the Sox say they wanted him back.  That said...I am a believer in letting Papi go and using the DH slot similar to the way the Yanks do.  I have never believed the DH should be a burden on the teamin the field the way Papi is for the Sox - regardless of production.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness I gave Ortiz all the credit in the world this year, and until he started to struggle and cry about Manny being traded I always loved the guy. Try to keep some perspective rather than curbing singular comments of the past into an all encompassing opinion of what I really think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3983394. Show user_3983394's posts

OK...but why is he now sprewing...."there is too much drama in Boston...." Isnt that pouring gasoline on this fire....????

I don't think Papi was one of the bad guys in what is now going around the rumor mill about the Sox - but I am concerned about the truth...with all the smoke - I am sure there is a bonfire burning in that clubhouse.  As far as Papi going to the Yankees, he was just asked if he would consider going to NY - he did not intimate that he wanted to go there...he just answered her question in a manner that left the door open since he is going to be a FA this year.  I have not heard the Sox say they wanted him back.  That said...I am a believer in letting Papi go and using the DH slot similar to the way the Yanks do.  I have never believed the DH should be a burden on the teamin the field the way Papi is for the Sox - regardless of production.
    Posted by traven

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Louis Tiant and George Scott both signed with the Yankees, Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, and Johnny Damon to. Ortiz seems to think all is great over in the Apple.  Don't be surprised if he goes there, its happened before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

OK...but why is he now sprewing...."there is too much drama in Boston...." Isnt that pouring gasoline on this fire....???? In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...??? :
    Posted by 9c305d99d180606605e8e387b236b0a9

Maybe he is just telling it like it is.  I would not expect him to pretend nothing is going on.  Besides he is a FA and needs to keep doors open since the Sox have not been knocking on his door for a new contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Probably best if the fans, at least, can keep their heads as ownership throws Tito, etc, under the bus.

Some of you have real short memories about Ortiz' contributions throughout the years.

Stop acting like Red Sox ownership!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I don't care where he goes his bat went missing in September. Papi only cares about his own stats now. I have lost count of the times when I have seen him get mad at a teamate who is on second or third base and he got a hit but the guy didn't score and he got visibly mad at them because he didn't get an RBI. He also started dropping F bombs at Tito during a press conference because he wanted Tito to go argue with the offical scorer to give Papi an RBI. We don't need these ME guys any more. Thanks for the memories papi but I don't care if you never wear a sox uniform again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Papi is  a complainer now.  We can always love him in retrospect, not now however the Yankees can have him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

My prediction: The Red Sox will offer Ortiz 1 year/$6 million. He'll be insulted and bolt. He'll make nice with old nemesis Kevin Gregg and sign a 3 year contract with the Baltimore Orioles. He'll have a decent 2012 (Shaughnessy will ask, "Why can't we get guys like that?"), an injury-shortened 2013, and an Adam Done 2011 in 2014. The Red Sox will re-acquire Ortiz during the September roster expansion in 2014 for a brief farewell tour and reconciliation. He'll get into 3-5 games as a pinch-hitter and start on the last day of the season before retiring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If they offer him only 6 it is because they want him to walk - the least they will offer is 10 million if they want to keep him. I worry they go two years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

the yanks wont be signing papi, they will spending big on starting pitching, and will use DH for montero , and to give aroid tex jeter a rest.

before we trash papi lets just remember his place in the clubs history, his time maybe up with the sox, and sep 2011 was a shambles but that doesnt displace or supplant what he has achieved for this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

so debating wether its worth keeping our aging slugger around is trashing? bashing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Good luck to Papi he he joins the Yankees or any other team.  Free agency is about making money and when a player should take whatever money they can get.  Don't we all do that in our jobs?

Everyone get real and drop it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope he goes I really do - and to New York. Just what they need is another DH, and one that will not hit more than 26 homers nor run out ground balls - and one that has to sit on the bench every game they play in an NL park. Cya. Mr. "I'm a beast, strong as hell," rofl! He also should have added that no other team than New York would be able to afford to be dumb enough to pay the salary he so arrogantly feels entitled to. Perfect fit, stupidity on both ends.
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito, I'm not saying your wrong.  But have you seen left field in NY.  He likely would hit 40 again.  And I am not kidding.  His long fly falls are homers there.

I could see the Yanks doing this as a death blow.  Papi going there would be a huge blow.  Their lineup is already strong enough with lefties.  No way I want him to go there.  Anywhere buyt NY

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

well if he did there he wouldn't here... can't help that.

I just want an overhaul - complete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

He is either using this media to drive Boston's price or telling the media that he is now will leave the team if other team offer him more money after he tended to accept too many short offers by the Red Sox team.

Well, if he leaves, that will give more flexibility to use the DH for the Red Sox team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Cannot see NY signing Papi considering A-Rod's fragile health and Montero's emerging bat. Why take on a 10 million $ contract when they will probably add a couple of more years to CC's. NY will look to sign a reliable #2 pitcher and that will be Wilson, unless of course he prices himself out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I think if NY signs him they would show even greater stupidity.  He is whining about the drama from the collapse.  If the sox are his only suitors he will quickly change his tune about "turning a new page" in the latest chapter of the storied franchise coming up on Fenway's 100th anniversary blah, blah blah. It is so predictable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

How would Papi join the Yankees?  You think their 31 million man on 3rd base won't end up there sooner than later?  Not to mention Jeter.  And the last time I looked they had no problem hitting the ball.  Their starting pitching BLOWS and they have to negotiate with CC.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Cannot see NY signing Papi considering A-Rod's fragile health and Montero's emerging bat. Why take on a 10 million $ contract when they will probably add a couple of more years to CC's. NY will look to sign a reliable #2 pitcher and that will be Wilson, unless of course he prices himself out.
    Posted by jesseyeric

this is correct, DH at the stanks will be used for montero, aroid/jeter/tex for some rest, and they will spend their cookies on CC, CJ and probably another starter, to go with Nova and Hughes i imagine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Good. I have been tired of his diva act for years. The ownership actually defended this guy with the steroid scandel & now he is blasting the organization & turned his back on Tito.

Go to New Your "David" & continue your cycles to help your bat speed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I will keep saying what I have been saying. LET HIM GO. His heroics, as great as THEY were when Manny was around, have left Fenway for some time now. I appreciate all the past work he did, but time for change.

Sure he padded some nice numbers this year, but he can't run. He surely can't operate on the basepaths correctly, he can't play the field, and he complains all the time. The Sox don't need to re-sign this guy. His glory days are over. He did nothing to help the Sox dig out of their troubles.

Enjoy searching for a contender big Papi. Perfect package deal: Lackey, big Papi, and Beckett for ?????

Sections
Shortcuts