Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???

In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...??? : I'll remember this for future reference. You have never let go of UR disdain for what may be the greatest DH in the game's history. You choose cheap shots over what he has meant to the RedSox...and two rings. No surprise here.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Is not big Papi being ungrateful to the Fans and the Sox for all the support we and they have given him by doing what he is doing and saying know? When times get tough, he wants to run off. Weak harness.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Louis Tiant and George Scott both signed with the Yankees, Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, and Johnny Damon to. Ortiz seems to think all is great over in the Apple.  Don't be surprised if he goes there, its happened before.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I agree that many Red Sox players have signed with the Yankees, but the Yankees don't need a DH.  They already having aging players on their roster that can DH if they are not able to play an entire season.  But I suppose it is possible that this could happen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

NO WAY to the Yanks- see everyone else's posts to why not. He would hit.250 in Yankee Stadium with around 20HRs he would not have a monster year. Why not? In Fenway if pitchers pitch him away he kills the Monstah, in Yankee Stadium... fly balls. He hits fly balls not ground balls to the left side. Yes he would get some cheap HRs but teams would pound him away.
    I want to see him gone... not because of his comments or not because I am bashing. I simply think Sox need to get rid of as much of the team as possible. Why? I saw the Mets collapse a few years back and they kept bringing back the same culprits and things got worse. Spring cleaning... Ells and Pedey only 2 players would be off limits. Actually, I'd listen to any offers from Ells cuz he is going to ask for a Boras bonanza in a few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it's ok for Papi to talk about leaving the Sox for the yanks for 'Drama" that he was part of but not to say good riddance?

dumb

i dont want him next year - i dont want his attitude, his age, his sense of entitlement, his inability to play the field, or run hard the few times he is actually involved in the game

you think maybe papi's statement is part of the problem with the 2011 sox?

yea i cant wait to resign him for 30 million.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I said it all along, Ortiz is one of the problems on this team, See ya Ortiz the Yankees can have you too, 

He's an over weight, slow as hell, no glove, DH. Just because he had a few good years doesn't mean the RS have to resign him.

Now that he's running his mouth about how maybe HE doesn't want to come back! and on top of that, he may go to the Yankee's?

I think he know's the hand writing is on the wall and he want's to save face by saying HE may not want to resign? F... him and the horse he rode in on!!

I'm sure he won't be missed!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I see Papi as a liability.  He is using up a roster spot to be a hitter only.  He cannot be used in the field.  He is often injured or mired in a slump.  Two years ago he looked done.  He is overpriced and taking up room for younger talent.  Take the 10 million and find a middle reliever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he goes I really do - and to New York. Just what they need is another DH, and one that will not hit more than 26 homers nor run out ground balls - and one that has to sit on the bench every game they play in an NL park. Cya. Mr. "I'm a beast, strong as hell," rofl! He also should have added that no other team than New York would be able to afford to be dumb enough to pay the salary he so arrogantly feels entitled to. Perfect fit, stupidity on both ends.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]Rito'..jumping the gun a bit, no?...just because he mentions the Yanks doesn't mean they have anything to do with it, you're talking as if he's signed a contract already...i guess he knew "Yankees" would get people talking...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Papi is true about too much drama. He must read the Globe and Herald columnists, listen to WEEI, and read this forum too much. This forum was full of drama / pessimism all summer long even when things were going right. Are the Yankee forums full of such pessimism and cynicism and doom-and-gloom?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...??? : I'll remember this for future reference. You have never let go of UR disdain for what may be the greatest DH in the game's history. You choose cheap shots over what he has meant to the RedSox...and two rings. No surprise here.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Agreed Harness! Frankly, if all the inneundo is true in the clubhouse, I'm surprised that any player, who really loves baseball, would want to remain in such a dysfunctional organization.
    But, Ortiz has also become one of the "entitled", it was was probably more out of survival, than pure selfishness.
    Some of the players on this team need to be taken down a notch with a steady diet of humble pie!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Papi- No Rings!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I didn't see anything that bad in the interview - Papi is just pointing out the the Yankees played only 5 more meaningful games than the Sox this season, and went 2-3 in those games, but nobody is pointing to their season as the collapse of an organization.  Nobody is digging up dirt on Joe Girardi, and nobody is questioning the diets and conditioning of guys like Sabathia, Colon, Garcia, Martin, Swisher, etc.  I think he's got a good point.  This is the quote we should take away from the article ...

"We had that when we won the World Series in 2004," he said. "We had that when we won the World Series in 2007. Beer in the clubhouse, it's always been there. Video games, that's always been there; guys eating fried chicken, that's always been there."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't see anything that bad in the interview - Papi is just pointing out the the Yankees played only 5 more meaningful games than the Sox this season, and went 2-3 in those games, but nobody is pointing to their season as the collapse of an organization.  Nobody is digging up dirt on Joe Girardi, and nobody is questioning the diets and conditioning of guys like Sabathia, Colon, Garcia, Martin, Swisher, etc.  I think he's got a good point.  This is the quote we should take away from the article ... "We had that when we won the World Series in 2004," he said. "We had that when we won the World Series in 2007. Beer in the clubhouse, it's always been there. Video games, that's always been there; guys eating fried chicken, that's always been there."
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  BUt!  If Papi is so self absorbed that he can't understand & does not want to deal with... "all the drama," (I assume he is talking about RS FANS), then he needs to at the very least catch a clue!  Most Red Sox fans have shown Papi more than his "fair share" of LOVE! But as with Manny, often the "where's my respect" freeway is a one way street. We must never disrespect some of these guys, but they can s h i t all over fans & expect us to grab a spoon!  TOO MANY RS players end up adopting this unfortunate attitude.  Many on this team flat out quit! They disrespect the fans, the FO, Tito, Theo, the owners, & most important THEIR TEAMMATES! If Papi does not understand why their would be such a outcry by fans to get to the root of the problem, he needs to grow up!  The fans deserve to get some answers!  When a product by a manufacturer has a major malfunction, customers will demand that they know why!  They will demand that the ownership let them know what happened & fix it!  YES!  The responsibility for finding out why it happened is completely on the ownership, but it is an economic AXIOM that HEADS WILL ROLL!  Blame will be assigned!  Ownership will get most of the blame, but they are still responsible for replacing BAD PARTS!  Sorry to bring it up, but it smacks of the "NO DRAMA OBAMA," steadfast defense of his economic team!  Too bad we couldn't get the same response from him!  "Not sure he wants to stick around for all the drama!" Next, he'll be telling US, the RS Fans, that WE "got a little soft," these past few years!  It's our fault for caring so much, & supporting those HUGE CONTRACTS! In fact, you can hear it in many complaints from certain 'fans.' WE cause these guys to crash & burn because we care too much. We demand too much. WE whine too much! We turn on guys too much! They don't like the heat in the Boston kitchen??? Go bake Eskimo pies in......... ??? Does Alaska have a team yet???? :)

Come on Papi!  It's the grieving process in Boston!  We skip right on past the shock & sadness, and go straight to ANGER & "you better come up with some good answers and solutions!"  We're hot heads! It doesn't mean we'll pack it in & find something else to do next year, as is the case with TRUE FAIR WEATHER TEAMS ELSEWHERE, where players are paid according to that maxim. WE'LL BE BACK IN FORCE come February! Demanding a new attitude from our guys! The point is......  WE, THE FANS, really are "ALL IN!!!!!" It's not just corporate slogan to US!  WE simply never imagined that so many players thought the slogan was such a joke!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

If papi or anyone wants to work in a place where eating chicken on the job is OK, then i suggest they apply to Popeye's or KFC....shoot I bet they dont even allow that foolishness when working -

he can leave now
    along with -

wake
    tek
    becket
    lackey
    albers
    drew

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE] it's ok for Papi to talk about leaving the Sox for the yanks for 'Drama" that he was part of but not to say good riddance? dumb i dont want him next year - i dont want his attitude, his age, his sense of entitlement, his inability to play the field, or run hard the few times he is actually involved in the game you think maybe papi's statement is part of the problem with the 2011 sox? yea i cant wait to resign him for 30 million.....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

No one has mentioned Cashman. He may bolt from the Yanks, but has given a few bad contracts himself. As for Papi, does anyone think that Cashman is stupid? If Cashman stays, which is fairly certain, he won't throw a lot of bucks to Papi unless Papi will be signed as a part time DH. Not a chance. Let him go anywhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I cant see the Yankees going after Papi, other than to take a shot at the Sox and Cashman is too smart for that. I love Papi and agree without him they don't win those two rings, but I want our players to want to play for the Sox, be happy playing for  the Sox and not just the Salary....so despite all year hoping the Sox would resign him, I now think it is time to say Thank you and cut ties. This team would be much better off with a Flexible DH position, giving our guys rest when needed and not suffering in the NL parks like we did this year and would if we were to make the WS.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

314' down right field in Yankee stadium! Papi would hit 35 homers there...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

What an embarrassing sell out.

He was a scrub named David Ortiz when he signed for $1.2 million in '03; splitting time w/ Millar and Jeremy Giambi (of all people) at 1B. Now he's Big Papi, a larger-than-life ambassador of baseball. A lot of it was accomplished by himself but not all.

Point is he knows as well as any how much it would hurt his fan base to have him sign there...and he's basically telling us he doesn't give a damn what we think. A non-answer to Colleen Dominguez' question would've been the correct approach, moron.

He made PLENTY of money in Boston being a one-dimensional player and then he turns his back on everyone at the first sign of discontent. Included are legions of Red Sox fans that stayed with him while he floundered miserably at the plate for A YEAR AND A HALF. 

Immensely disappointing.

Maybe John Kerry had it right after all; Manny Ortiz

Go ahead a pack your bags.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]What an embarrassing sell out. He was a scrub named David Ortiz when he signed for $1.2 million in '03; splitting time w/ Millar and Jeremy Giambi (of all people) at 1B. Now he's Big Papi, a larger-than-life ambassador of baseball. A lot of it was accomplished by himself but not all. Point is he knows as well as any how much it would hurt his fan base to have him sign there...and he's basically telling us he doesn't give a damn what we think. A non-answer to Colleen Dominguez' question would've been the correct approach, moron. He made PLENTY of money in Boston being a one-dimensional player and then he turns his back on everyone at the first sign of discontent. Included are legions of Red Sox fans that stayed with him while he floundered miserably at the plate for A YEAR AND A HALF.  Immensely disappointing. Maybe John Kerry had it right after all; Manny Ortiz Go ahead a pack your bags.  
    Posted by OscarGamble[/QUOTE]

Dominguez: Would you ever sign with the NY Yankees.

Ortiz: That's something I gotta think about.

How is that not a non-answer?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Please, NYY will never take Ortiz...

Interesting how you never hear of NYY players, or any other team for that matter, idly ruminating about becomming a RS....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he goes I really do - and to New York. Just what they need is another DH, and one that will not hit more than 26 homers nor run out ground balls - and one that has to sit on the bench every game they play in an NL park. Cya. Mr. "I'm a beast, strong as hell," rofl! He also should have added that no other team than New York would be able to afford to be dumb enough to pay the salary he so arrogantly feels entitled to. Perfect fit, stupidity on both ends.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    I used to like him now I do not respect him. Too much mouth and showing off. He cannot run so he will get nada from any team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Papi dishing on the Red Sox now...??? : I used to like him now I do not respect him. Too much mouth and showing off. He cannot run so he will get nada from any team.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]

For some reason you people love the CHB soap opera and panic and doom that he preaches daily. Yet when Papi says that he is tired of the soap opera you bash him instead of CHB. CHB must love such a following. CHB the Pied Piper.