Big Papi Hangover?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Big Papi Hangover?

it sure didn't take gonzo or fielder long

I wouldn't worry about it

papi is having a magical yr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

And papi also has suffered from Spring Training hangovers.  Not this year.  No hangovers for papi.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Big Papi Hangover will be next season if he isn't re-signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I opened this thread hoping to find pics of Papi dancing with a lampshade on his head.  Very disappointed ... leaving now to read another SoftBilly VTek rant.Surprised

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He's training at the gym with Apollo Creed.

Getting ready for his rematch with Kevin Gregg and the Orioles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Big Papi Hangover?:
    [QUOTE]Papi has suffered in the past from the home run derby hangover.   Tito has actually expressed his dislike for Papi participating in this event. Papi looked like he was in better shape for the event this year.  It will be interesting to see if it takes him two weeks to start hitting again.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Papi has suffered in the past from the home run derby hangover.   Tito has actually expressed his dislike for Papi participating in this event. Papi looked like he was in better shape for the event this year.  It will be interesting to see if it takes him two weeks to start hitting again.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

I don't remember any prolonged slumps from Ortiz after an all star appearance. Got any particular years in mind?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

you are getting him mixed up with former yank abreau,  now cono may suffer this disease.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    it will at least take him 4 days ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Did colon participate in the home run derby and now has the hangover?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's amazing how one can be properly motivated when it's a contract year. It's all about the money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Big Papi Hangover?:
    [QUOTE]Did colon participate in the home run derby and now has the hangover?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]It looks like Miller was there participating with Colon.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is a weird Ortiz bashing thread...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Papi always on a hangover with HGH use.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IheartJohn. Show IheartJohn's posts

David Ortiz is a great asset to the Sox. he will be just fine and hopefully will get his 2 year deal. Anyone criticising him should keep it to themselves unless they think they can do better than him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Setting aside emotion..the numbers just don't lie. Ortiz' batting average before the all star break..? .304
    His batting average after the all -star break..?  .077

The numbers just don't lie.

Also..I would like to add that an overall average of 294 is hardly stellar for a DH...and especially when there are six position players with higher averages.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Papi Hangover? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Say mojo, you really hit the nail on the head with this one and completely trumped my Ralph Wiggums' responses.  If you don't mind, I'd like to use the Turtle kid as my default response to greatestNYY.  Heck, I like it so much that I'm going to use it even if you do mind. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

it's not the derby.  it was the sporadic ABs in interleague, the break, and then the suspension. it's easy to lose your game timing when you're not playing.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts