Big Papi in Pawtucket

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Big Papi in Pawtucket

Great news!! especially about running the bases. Won't be long til he's at Fenway. Hey msobs thanks for this great Papi thread. I can't comment on bubu's anymore cause he crying that I am obsessed with him. course ya don't need to do anything by highliight his words to show his lies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Are ya' paying attention, Bill?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm glad he finally got the ball out of the infield.

He's gonna hit plenty of balls out of the infield.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm glad he finally got the ball out of the infield.

More than JBJ in his last 17 at bats.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

You wouldn't expect the "BIG O" to play basketball on a damaged heel, so why do you think that a 37-42 yr-old @ 275+ LB's who has not been in a "real game" since last july can come back to the level of play required  ??????

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

You wouldn't expect the "BIG O" to play basketball on a damaged heel, so why do you think that a 37-42 yr-old @ 275+ LB's who has not been in a "real game" since last july can come back to the level of play required  ??????

Why would you assume he can't?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Maybe, because when he should up for  S T, he couldn't answer the bell !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Get real Bill. His injury is not career threatening. Its one that takes a long time to heal, but once it heals he should be back to baseline. I expect it might take a little while for him to get his timing back, and like every other player he is at risk for other injuries, but if he is in the lineup he cannot be viewed as anything but a plus for us.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Get real Bill. His injury is not career threatening. Its one that takes a long time to heal, but once it heals he should be back to baseline. I expect it might take a little while for him to get his timing back, and like every other player he is at risk for other injuries, but if he is in the lineup he cannot be viewed as anything but a plus for us.

I agree....plus it's a good sign that he ran the bases and has not reported any pain or discomfort today. That tells me it's likely he's over the hump and now just needs to work on the technical stuff for a few games.  His age makes him a higher risk for injuries ( or at least a longer recovery time)...but it's better to have in in the linuep.. and in the dugout. Not everything one brings to a team can be quantified.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Big Papi was scratched from the lineup today due to illness. Wonder if this will further delay his return.

18. This post has been removed.