Big Papi out - drama!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

Big Papi out - drama!!!

Big Papi considering the Yankees because he doesn't want to deal with the drama next year.  See ya later Papi!  Maybe had he been more of a leader on this team the drama would have never happened.  I will not miss him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Big Papi out - drama!!!

In Response to Big Papi out - drama!!!:
    [QUOTE]Big Papi considering the Yankees because he doesn't want to deal with the drama next year.  See ya later Papi!  Maybe had he been more of a leader on this team the drama would have never happened.  I will not miss him.
    Posted by IowaSoxFan[/QUOTE]

The Yankees would never sign him.  They already have enough aging players that can DH if they aren't able to play a position everyday. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He did not say he was considering leaving because of too mauch drama.
    He said he was not paying attention the all the drama when he was asked about Theo.

He was then asked if he would consider going to the NYY.
    He said he would and who would not consider it. Going to the most successful team in MLB. I bet if they asked him about the Rays he'd say he'd consider it.
    It will all depend on years and money where ever he plays next year.

NEVER said he would not to be here because of all the drama surrounding the team now. You tied the answers to two different questions together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Congratulations on the fourth thread on the same subject.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Thanks Jim. You are one of the few with reading comprehension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The media is making a big deal out of Big Papi complimentating the Yankees. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Big Papi out - drama!!!:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on the fourth thread on the same subject.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I don't understand if its the mentality of "my thread will be better" or the absolute selfishness or perhaps just being a moron - way too many repetitive subject threads on this forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulations on the fourth thread on the same subject.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

So I guess your four posts were one on each of them? Passing judgement on what others feel like discussing?

Fun times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Geez, the guy has 54 posts in 2.5 years, excuse him for not knowing all the board etiquitte, and expectations of the "regulars".

If you don't like seeing another thread similar to so many others...then why post, therefore moving it to the TOP!

Duh.

Save the frustrations for the remaining sox players management and ownership. Don't turn on each other, it's definitely NOT the fan's fault.

Ownership is trying to skate by as they smear Francina, Epstein and the WHOLE TEAM. I really hate this ownership group. Yeah, they spend, whoopdeedoo, they also drive up the cost of EVERYTHING. The artnership with Ace is the most unforgivable to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Drama?

Drama happens every time Ortiz gets called out on a third strike.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

It's virtually unanimious. 95 percent of posters on the forum dislike 95 percent of the Red Sox players. Isn't it an oxymoron to then call oneself a Red Sox fan?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Ortiz will be very upset when the Sox offer him just a 1-year deal at less money and explain that teams no longer spend big money on DH's that don't play another position occasionally. 
    He won't get a better offer from another AL team.     Take it or leave it.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I cannot be and never will be a Yankee fan. I must, however, give them their due respect for the winning mentality they have in that organization. Perhaps that is what Papi was alluding to. NY expects to win every game, and their managers have never thrown in the towel on any game, always sure of their ability to come back from any deficit.
    You must admit that an average player that is traded or end up in NY via FA, seems to have above average stats.

Perhaps what they say is true about putting on pinstripes. I wish it could be said as well about putting on red socks, only that just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

our manager was the number 1 reason why we didnt play hard eaCH game...he is gone and that will make us a better team on day 1

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

Really, he never said anything about the drama - I guess I did comprehend differently.  I put it in RED for those that need assitance in comprehension:

Ortiz threatening to jump to the Yankees

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe StaffOctober 13, 2011 12:19 AM

David Ortiz is threatening to go play for the Yankees.

"That's something I gotta think about. I've been here on the Red Sox a long time, and I've seen how everything goes down between these two ballclubs," he said in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez. "It's great from what I hear. It's a good situation to be involved in. Who doesn't want to be involved in a great situation where everything goes the right way?"

Ortiz hit .309 with a .953 OPS this season. He had 29 home runs and 96 RBIs. But would the Yankees actually want him? Ortiz turns 36 next month and has played a total of 12 games in the field the last three seasons.

Jorge Posada, a pending free agent who is likely to retire, was the primary DH for the Yankees this season. But in 37-year-old Derek Jeter and 36-year-old Alex Rodriguez, the Yankees have two players who could see increasing time as the DH.

Jeter was the DH 10 times this season, the most in his career. Rodriguez also was the DH 10 times. Mark Teixeira, who will be 32 in April, was the DH nine times.

In addition, the Yankees have young slugger Jesus Montero, a defensively challenged catcher whose primary contribution could be as the DH next season.

As for the Red Sox, Ortiz said was "too much drama."

"I have been thinking about a lot of things. I don't know if I want to be part of this drama for next year," he said.

Given that the Red Sox are coming off consecutive third place finishes and are apparently beset with chemistry problems, it's uncertain to what degree the Red Sox will go in trying to retain Ortiz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't let the door hit you in that pin cushion azz of yours on the way out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

tcal...I like your style...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

" Im a beast, I am strong as hell," Ortiz

Then he sits out a few games with some sally injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]   " Im a beast, I am strong as hell," Ortiz Then he sits out a few games with some sally injury.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

hahaha B  true dat!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Yankees will not take on Papi, they already have guys like Arod, Texeria, Montero and Jeter who will all see time at DH.  There focus will be on Pitching and filling holes.  I really think the Yankees make a run at CJ Wilson along with restructuring CC's contract.

Ortiz will have over a handful of suitors, but I feel the RS will not let him go due to the backlash it will have on top of the other issues.

Dont expect big names like Fielder, Reyes, Puljos or CJ Wilson to be coming to this mess. 

Crawford, Gonzalez, Youk and Lackey need to rebound from down years or injuries on Youk part.  They will acquire a couple of veterans and mix them in with some of the young pups like Lavarnway and Kalish.

This team is not that far away, I think Cherington will do a great job taking over for Theo, but they must not let him take key personel with him.  A guy like Dave Martinez could bring a tough attitude along with knowledge of being under Joe Maddon for a couple years.  I like the combo of Cherington/Martinez, but it will be a tough road if the players do not regain disipline and pride in themselves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmassaro. Show cmassaro's posts

Hey I say let go of david ortiz and get prince fielder

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If Papi wants to be on the Yankees, he should go there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Papi out - drama!!! : hahaha B  true dat!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The Doctors are here. They are probably Conrad Murray apologists also.