BIG PAPI scratched today at 3-A ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: BIG PAPI scratched today at 3-A ........

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

BTW, while waiting for the 11:05 start of our beloved Patriots Day B-ball game  it is probably time for the Red Sox to come clean on the condition of our beloved "BIG PAPI"  !!     As you know, it has been my feeling all a long that this is an injury that is difficult for any baseball player to come back from.... It is time for the SOX to do the right thing, and level with RED SOX NATION !!!!

Bill, theres plenty of video and reports available to see that hes hitting and running the bases. I told you earlier that there has been a sinus thing going through the pawSox clubhouse that has affected a few players.

More reason to hold him out, as a bad sneeze could jolt the HEEL  !!

Bill, because I like you and I know you are a good egg at the end of the day:  This thread, right here, is case-in-point why you have taken such a bad turn on this board going from from fun to stupid/annoying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

BTW, while waiting for the 11:05 start of our beloved Patriots Day B-ball game  it is probably time for the Red Sox to come clean on the condition of our beloved "BIG PAPI"  !!     As you know, it has been my feeling all a long that this is an injury that is difficult for any baseball player to come back from.... It is time for the SOX to do the right thing, and level with RED SOX NATION !!!!

Bill, theres plenty of video and reports available to see that hes hitting and running the bases. I told you earlier that there has been a sinus thing going through the pawSox clubhouse that has affected a few players.

Bill, because I like you and I know you are a good egg at the end of the day:  This thread, right here, is case-in-point why you have taken such a bad turn on this board going from from fun to stupid/annoying.

And Space, because I respect your opinion of Baseball, I would hope that you would/will respect mine.....  The fact is, we may never see PAPI again.....  The time for right or wrong is near.....And we will soon find out !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

And Space, because I respect your opinion of Baseball, I would hope that you would/will respect mine.....  The fact is, we may never see PAPI again.....  The time for right or wrong is near.....And we will soon find out !!!

stupid/annoying

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

stupid/annoying

Sorry that you feel that way........  You know my opinion, time is near !!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

stupid/annoying

Yes I know your opinion Bill.  Because you have reiterated it a thousand times with no provocation.  Dad would be extremely annoyed with you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

stupid/annoying

Yes I know your opinion Bill.  Because you have reiterated it a thousand times with no provocation.  Dad would be extremely annoyed with you.

Space, don't you think it's time to face the fact that "it's ovaa, for BIG PAPI " ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

stupid/annoying

Space, don't you think it's time to face the fact that "it's ovaa, for BIG PAPI " ???

No, I simply do not have the information necessary to make that assertion with any certainty.  And, seeing as how he has been playing in games at Pawtucket and I haven't heard any negative reports, I would actually put a little more weight on him being back soon and not being ovaaa.   But, thats just me.  I understand that you have backed yourself into a corner where you have to crow annoyingly about any little shred of hope you can cling to that the Sox legend actually is done though.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

stupid/annoying

No, I simply do not have the information necessary to make that assertion with any certainty.  And, seeing as how he has been playing in games at Pawtucket and I haven't heard any negative reports, I would actually put a little more weight on him being back soon and not being ovaaa.   But, thats just me.  I understand that you have backed yourself into a corner where you have to crow annoyingly about any little shred of hope you can cling to that the Sox legend actually is done though.  

Thats the problem, "there is to much weight" !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

stupid/annoying

He would rather be right than have Papi return and help the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

stupid/annoying

Thats the problem, "there is to much weight" !!!

Way to keep it classy Bill.  you're awesome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

They dont owe a nut job like you any explanation.... I know you want him to be permanently out and have no concern for him at all....if you werent so old already, Id tell you to grow up but at your age that aint happening...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just checking in for my morning inteligence report.......  Any word on how PAPI did last night ?????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just checking in for my morning inteligence report.......  Any word on how PAPI did last night ?????

Just found out,  he was scratched for the 2nd straight game last night .....  No reason given ?????

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

stupid/annoying

Bill, we are paying Papi 32 million until the end of 2014.  That's a sunk cost.  Maybe it's nearing time to concede that there is no way we will realize 32 million worth of production for him (making the contract an overpay); however, until the end of 2014, we should try to recoup as much of the investment (in production) as possible.

The 32 million is a sunk cost.  We dont get a penny back by giving up on Papi.  And there isnt anyone in Pawtucket that is screaming for a call-up.  Maybe Hazelbaker, but he's a lefty left fielder, so he would more likely replace Bradley than Ortiz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Just found out,  he was scratched for the 2nd straight game last night .....  No reason given ?????

He was scheduled to start and @pawsox tweeted the line-up card.  I was listening to the game on 920 A.M. and they stated that Ortiz took himself out of the line-up shortly before the start.

He has missed the last three games. 

WOW  !!!!   Is there any concern here ?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

stupid/annoying

Bill, we are paying Papi 32 million until the end of 2014.  That's a sunk cost.  Maybe it's nearing time to concede that there is no way we will realize 32 million worth of production for him (making the contract an overpay); however, until the end of 2014, we should try to recoup as much of the investment (in production) as possible.

The 32 million is a sunk cost.  We dont get a penny back by giving up on Papi.  And there isnt anyone in Pawtucket that is screaming for a call-up.  Maybe Hazelbaker, but he's a lefty left fielder, so he would more likely replace Bradley than Ortiz.

I say, give Bradley another month .... Just like Pedroia had.....  He will surprise a lot of people !!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

He was scheduled to start and @pawsox tweeted the line-up card.  I was listening to the game on 920 A.M. and they stated that Ortiz took himself out of the line-up shortly before the start.

He has missed the last three games. 

You left out the part where the first game "missed" was the second game of a double-header. He played in the first game.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part.

You'd never knowingly exaggerate...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Papi is experiencing heel pain again...

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/4/16/4227282/david-ortiz-heel-achilles-injury-red-sox-rehab

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

oh no !!!  WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED !!!