BIG PAPI scratched today at 3-A ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: BIG PAPI scratched today at 3-A ........

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Hey Bill: Ortiz IS coming back tomorrow and WILL be in the lineup, even though he is finished. Just thought you would want to know.

how can someone be finished and not finished at the same time? boy would i hate to be the A-hole  with egg on my face over that one......

Will be interesting tomorrow. Napoli has done a great job at the number 4 spot.

now he will do great in the 5 spot. get more RBI opportunities anyway

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

It's easy. Ortiz must be Schrodinger's DH. He is both playing and finished at the same time...lol

I was thinking more of Heisenberg's DH, but both work. In any event, Ortiz IS coming back, and in fairness to Bill's opinion, I am going to see how long he lasts without having to go back on the DL. If he is still out there in a month then I will personally throw egg all over Bill's face.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's easy. Ortiz must be Schrodinger's DH. He is both playing and finished at the same time...lol

I was thinking more of Heisenberg's DH, but both work. In any event, Ortiz IS coming back, and in fairness to Bill's opinion, I am going to see how long he lasts without having to go back on the DL. If he is still out there in a month then I will personally throw egg all over Bill's face.

Haha...Heisenberg's DH.. I like that as well! I think it is going to depend on Ortiz and his level of pain tolerance. When you have an injury like his it becomes difficult to distinguish between pain that is going to exacerbate the injury or just pain that one must live with. I have a bone deformity in my heel that causes me occasional bouts of Achilles tendonitis...In addition..I get frequent inflammation on the side of the bone due to a separate issue entirely. It took me a long time to distinguish between the pain of an Achilles issue and the pain from simple inflammation. I can understand Ortiz wanting to be cautious as he learns his way around the pain. I think this is why they are allowing him to set the pace.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

And if he is gone within a month, you will then provide box seats & beer @ the FENS for a saturday afternoon game !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

And if he is gone within a month, you will then provide box seats & beer @ the FENS for a saturday afternoon game !!!!

No Bill, I won't. Unlike you I have kept an open mind about what lies ahead for Ortiz. I believe its likely he will remain with the club and be productive, but I never discounted the possibility that he might have injuries that prevent him from full participation and productivity. You, on the other hand, are hell bent on promoting your "Papi is finished" mantra without considering the other possibilities. Your mind is already made up.