Big Papi update

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Big Papi update

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Making his weekly appearance with “Salk & Holley” Wednesday afternoon, Red Sox manager John Farrell said that Wednesday will mark the final day in extended spring training for designated hitter David Ortiz, and that depending on how his rehab assignment proceeds while at Pawtucket, he could be back in Boston on a permanent basis somewhere between the 15th and 19th of this month.

“[Wednesday] is his last day in extended spring training, so he’ll begin that rehab assignment [Thursday] with Pawtucket,” Farrell said Wednesday. “That’s the plan as of right now, and there’s no reason to think we would deviate from that. Then, it’s a matter of how many at-bats does David feel he’s the most comfortable with — 20 or 30? I think we’re still in that time range we mentioned, somewhere in mid-April. Whether that’s the 15th to the 19th, somewhere in there. I think that’s a realistic target.

“But we’re going to go off of David. The most important thing is that he feels good. I think he’s kind of gotten over the hump when it comes to the intensity when it comes to running the bases, the way he’s swinging the bat. He’s in a pretty good place right now, all things considered.”

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/10/john-farrell-david-ortiz-still-on-track-to-return-mid-april/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I don't see how that's possible.

He's still using a walker, for cryin' out loud!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

With Drew and Ortiz, back, this team is going to get a lot better than they have been with the two overmatched rookies who need to prove something in the minors.

for all your whining last season about "pitching isn't the problem. it's our lineup" you sure do seem miserable that our lineup will be a ton better with Drew over Iggy and Papi over JBJ.

at least stay consistent with your stupid opinions..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

With Drew and Ortiz, back, this team is going to get a lot better than they have been with the two overmatched rookies who need to prove something in the minors.

for all your whining last season about "pitching isn't the problem. it's our lineup" you sure do seem miserable that our lineup will be a ton better with Drew over Iggy and Papi over JBJ.

at least stay consistent with your stupid opinions..

its not his style to be consistent. besides the whining part of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Softy---don't get high on yourself---and I don't care what you said before but I agree with you. This team will be a tougher lineup with fewer holes with Drew and Ortiz added. Opposing pitchers may come up eventually with a way to get them out--they will have to pitch differently. Add these guys to Ells, ShaVic, Pedroia, Nap, WMB, Salty and Gomes/Nava/Carp/Ross/Ciriaco--all of a sudden the offense gets a lot better to go along with the good pen and improved rotation.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Seems premature to me.  I was thinking second week in May.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm excited to see this "ton better" new lineup. Defensively, I"m excited to see your new All-Star SS.

The game is about pitching, not offense, and not defense. But this lineup will be "a ton better".

like i said, if your going to be ignorant or stupid (or ignorantly stupid) at least stay consistent.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Bill wins, you lose. LOL. Same with Softlaw and Georom. Don't shoot the messenger.

wasnt i the guy who argued for resigning Papi for 13 mil a yr x2 one month after the season ended when he was still in rehab?  at leats get your facts right Pike...or are you just toying with us??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Ortiz is doing exactly what he should be doing...hitting those RBI's. He's also improved his hitting to the opposite field.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Big Papi continues to disappoint.....

......the Ortiz bashers!

Sections
Shortcuts