Big Papi...loooooking good!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Big Papi...loooooking good!

In response to slasher9's comment:

showed this picture to a few non-sox fans....

"he looks sick"

"looks like he stopped taking HGH"

neither of which are my perception but was interesting in hearing comments from people without a dog in the race....

Interesting, I never gave a thought about HGH.  I would be shocked if it were the case. But to lose all that weight in 7 weeks at his age, Ortiz is awesome. I wonder what he and Arod were talking about?  Wasn't ARod involved in a recent roid scandal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

showed this picture to a few non-sox fans....

"he looks sick"

"looks like he stopped taking HGH"

neither of which are my perception but was interesting in hearing comments from people without a dog in the race....

Interesting, I never gave a thought about HGH.  I would be shocked if it were the case. But to lose all that weight in 7 weeks at his age, Ortiz is awesome. I wonder what he and Arod were talking about?  Wasn't ARod involved in a recent roid scandal?

A-rod was involved in a roid scandal?  You don't say. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

David Ortiz @davidortiz 2h

Finishing my workout to have another monster season for all those media hater that still doubting!!! pic.twitter.com/Aoorrc1egG

Embedded image permalink

via Twitter

Looking great big man!

https://twitter.com/davidortiz

If the link does not come out, this is from a picture ortiz posted on 12/16 with a similar one on 12/19.  Both are with A Rod.  David really lost an amazing amount of weight in 7 or so weeks.  I hope he breaks down his work outs for all of us.

That is a pretty dramatic weight loss over the course of a few weeks. If you look at other pictures of Ortiz from mid December as well as this one it seems clear that we are looking at a 40lb weight loss ( at least) just judging from his chest and abdomen area. Not to mention how skinny his arms look which is the most concerning to me.

I agree..I'd like him to share his workout tips too.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Boy, he looks sharp !!!   Hows that "HEEL" ???????   Keep those "DOMINICAN MILK SHAKES " coming !!!!

Classy.

Typical Bill trashing of Ortiz. Nothing original from this shipwreck of opinion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Boy, he looks sharp !!!   Hows that "HEEL" ???????   Keep those "DOMINICAN MILK SHAKES " coming !!!!

Classy.

Typical Bill trashing of Ortiz. Nothing original from this shipwreck of opinion.

Actually, to lose all those LB's, he must be off the MILK SHAKES !!!

Or, he could be eating healthier and adding Yoga and Pilates to his program.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

It's conceivable the Sox would have ZERO WS without Papi. He's an absolute stud. Top 3 hitters in Red Sox history, best postseason hitter in Sox history (maybe in MLB ever) and Sox have gotten him on the cheap for a decade. Wow. 

Most whiney Sox fans (Bill-806) deserve Dave Stapleton- not Papi. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's conceivable the Sox would have ZERO WS without Papi. He's an absolute stud. Top 3 hitters in Red Sox history, best postseason hitter in Sox history (maybe in MLB ever) and Sox have gotten him on the cheap for a decade. Wow.

Fangraphs has him underpaid by about $40M with the Sox.

That is not even counting postseason value!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Fangraphs has him underpaid by about $40M with the Sox.

That is not even counting postseason value!

Well, supply and demand and timing is more important than fangraph.  You don't pay a player for past performances.  Post season compensation was agreed by with the players association.  Ortiz had his chance to test the market after the 2012 season and elected to sign with the sox for a very nice contract.

The sox put some nice incentives in this contract which ortiz achieved.  If he is underpaid by 40 million, then I would expect him to test the market again after this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just hope he stays healthy.

Lets Go Sox!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

How can any question Big Papi's weight loss....he looks fantastic!!!

Embedded image permalink

derickhingle.photoshelter.com 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Heeee's baaaaaaaaaack!

Embedded image permalink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

He looks GREAT   !!!  I have been on a diet for the last 30 YEARS, to lose what he has in 7 weeks must be one of the great things  from the "BIG O-CARE"  !!!! 

What is the "BIG O-CARE" ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

He looks GREAT   !!!  I have been on a diet for the last 30 YEARS, to lose what he has in 7 weeks must be one of the great things  from the "BIG O-CARE"  !!!! 

What is the "BIG O-CARE" ???

I think he meant Big O-Cab

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He sure does look good.....It will only take about a 7 day long slump though to create a rash of negative "Papi is washed up threads"  Then it will be Bill/Softy vs. The World all over again.

.....and one of these years....they will actually be right. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

He sure does look good.....It will only take about a 7 day long slump though to create a rash of negative "Papi is washed up threads"  Then it will be Bill/Softy vs. The World all over again.

actually     ???????????????

What you think we all forgot how "washed up" Papi was last August on this board???

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hate, Actually

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

What you think we all forgot how "washed up" Papi was last August on this board???

Just goes to show you how good "BIG-O-CARE" really is !!

Oh yeah that is why Ortiz is still so good in the twilight of his career...imagine If O'Care was around for Ted WIlliams...huh??? 

Are you capable of a serious baseball conversation???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Just goes to show you how good "BIG-O-CARE" really is !!

You make less and less sense every day. Good grief.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

David Ortiz @davidortiz 2h

Finishing my workout to have another monster season for all those media hater that still doubting!!! pic.twitter.com/Aoorrc1egG

Embedded image permalink

via Twitter

Looking great big man!

https://twitter.com/davidortiz

If the link does not come out, this is from a picture ortiz posted on 12/16 with a similar one on 12/19.  Both are with A Rod.  David really lost an amazing amount of weight in 7 or so weeks.  I hope he breaks down his work outs for all of us.

He looks good in spring training as he always does.  But even thru the double sweat shirts, his stomach does not looks as flat as in the first picture.  His arms look a lot more jacked than the first picture.

Sections
Shortcuts