In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Never said that wasn't true.

Try to keep up.

I'm not the one in denial.

[/QUOTE]

Neither am I, or did you miss the part where I said all teams had PED users?

[/QUOTE]

I miss a lot of your stuff.

Most of it isn't worth reading.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Big Peddy.. I mean Poppy

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I miss a lot of your stuff.

Most of it isn't worth reading.

[/QUOTE]

That's makes sense now.

You respond all the time without reading.

[/QUOTE]

This is entertaining reading.

YANKEES
    Jason Giambi
    Mike Stanton
    Josias Manzanillo
    Hal Morris
    Roger Clemens
    Andy Pettitte
    Chuck Knoblauch
    David Justice
    Glenallen Hill
    Denny Neagle
    Todd Williams
    Kevin Brown
    Daniel Naulty
    Rondell White
    Jason Grimsley
    Ron Villone
    Randy Velarde

That doesn't include The PEDs poster boy or Cervelli

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to garyhow's comment:
    . Most would agree that Clemens probably didn't even start using til after he left RS,

Yup, and Manny didn't start using til he went to LA and Papi's was a false positive!!

U R catching on jimmy

none of these guys used till after they left photo town

[/QUOTE]

As I recall this is the road a Yankee fan wanted to go first. Really don't think Yankee fans should be throwing stones at RS in this regard. Clean up your own house first!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Yankee fan reaction.   When their hypocrisy is pointed out, they start crying how unfair everything is towards the Yankees, who plod along being nothing more than MLB’s perennial victims of defamation and smear campaign after smear campaign.  Their crime is winning too much, their fans all say (or post, more frequently).  And everyone in a position to do so will do anything to stop them from doing it again. 

Just a thought, but don’t you even think it was possible so many Yankees were named because so many Yankees used?  Why do you have to leap into conspiracy theory?  I guess we know where the real denial is.  But then we knew that when you all believed the Andy Pettitte “I only tried it once” line.  That’s like a cop believing the intoxicated driver really  “only had 2 beers.”

Most reasonably intelligent fans know that there were 3 teams who had inside sources leak to the Mitchell Report - the Yankees, Mets and Orioles.  And this is why these 3 teams had more names appear than all the others.   However,  the Yankee source had nothing to leak, they would have had a lot fewer names.  But Yankee fans cling to their denial, conspiracy theories and, even better yet, consistent accusing of other teams' players all while clinging to the religious belief that no one in pinstripes ever touched anything stronger than an aspirin.  And this thread and your response all but seals that as proof positive.

Can we assume you are also on that long list of Yankee fans who know  for certain the umpires are all conspiring against the Yankees every year as well?

[/QUOTE]

Hardly, skippy. I think it's pretty funny since the Boston fans are the ones that continually have the conspiracy theories. It's funny how their teams never just lose, it's always luck on the other teams' part or the ref/ump's fault. I'll leave the umpire conspiracy theories to kimsaysthis.

Most intelligent people can figure out that every team had PED users on them. Heck, some teams like the Red Sox even taught their players how to correctly use them!

[/QUOTE]

Again with the return accusations.   Oh, Quincy Magoo.  You’ve done it again.

When it was pointed out to you that the Mitchell Report was full of Yankees, you did  NOT say “Every team had PED users.  The Yankees were one of three teams with an inside source, so they obviously had more names get mentioned and more details given.  Duh!”   You know, one possible logical, obvious and undoutedly correct answer.  You leapt into “But that commission was headed by a member of the Red Sox board of directors.  Foul!  Foul!!”   And then when it was pointed out to you that this was a paranoid-filled conspriacy theory, you come back with another accusation – that its really the Red Sox fans who have the conspiracy theories, not the poor, persecuted Yankee and their fans, whose paranoia is clearly justified.   And sure, you can probably find more of anti-Sox conspiracy theories on a RED SOX board.   Go to a Yankee board sometime, and when that team loses, the conspiracy theories are flat out rampant.   If you have been to one, you know this.  

Are the Red Sox the only team that had instructors showing steroid usage?  Obviously not.  We know the Yankees had a guy doing that as well.   As did the A’s, and really, who would be surpised if maybe 20 other teams employed these tactics?  Are the Yankees the only team to remove protective language prohibiting steroid use from a free agent contract, like they did with Jason Giambi?   Probably not, but that is the only time I ever heard that one happen.

I am not and have not been arguing that the Sox players have never used any illegal substances, which once again is how you have been re-directing this thread.  I was pointing out the obvious hypocrisy on a thread based around accusing Sox players of using, and when it is pointed out many Yankees have also clearly used – the return comes back with “You can’t trust that because that investigation was run by a guy on the Sox board.   Oh, and here are Sox PED links.”  Denial, double standards and re-direction.  Are they the only weapons you have?   It’s like I am arguing with Faux News. 

Simple questions – do you think any Yankee players were using PEDs ever? And if so, why are you obsessively accusing the Sox players of using?   Is it that you think cheating should only be allowed by the Yankees?  That the rules are and should be different for people in pinstripes?   Did you believe Pettitte only used once?   (Really?  You did?)

If you get right down to it, Ortiz’ lone link to steroids came from a leak in an anonymous survey test in 2003..  Eleven years ago, and actually, before the Sox even signed him, as samples were taken early that off-season.  Yet obviously, Yankee fans CLING to this as proof positive of lifelong usage ever since.   Meanwhile, how many Yankee and former Yankees players were linked to Biogenesis LAST YEAR?!?  How many current and former Sox players were mentioned in Biogenesis? Let me guess – you probably believe Anthony Bosch must be on the Red Sox Board of Directors as well.  Or, that it is much more fun to ignore that because one leaked test result eleven years ago is proof of lifelong usage, but anything that happened within the last 12 months is clearly cimcumstantial, or should be if you happened to be wearing pinstripes at the time.

So, go ahead and post those Sox PED links again please. Just one more time, because I want to go through them and count the names of all the retired players who were involved.  After all, it is important to keep these arguments current.  Because we all know that whatever Ortiz was using in 2003, it had to be one of those super-powered performance enhancers that stayed in his system for 10 years…

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahaha.  notin skippy, that was EPIC.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mize52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Biogenisus Gate was more telling and effective than all tests.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, it showed how they were able to pass the tests.

[/QUOTE]

who is "they"?

oh yeah...i know who "they" is...here is the list of biogenesis suspensions:

Alex Rodriguez New York Yankees

Francisco Cervelli New York Yankees

Fernando Martínez New York Yankees

Ryan Braun Milwaukee Brewers

Nelson Cruz Texas Rangers

Everth Cabrera San Diego Padres

Jhonny Peralta Detroit Tigers (Cardinals)

Antonio Bastardo Philadelphia Phillies

Jordany Valdespin New York Mets

Jesús Montero Seattle Mariners (signed by the New York Yankees)

César Puello New York Mets

Sergio Escalona Houston Astros

Fautino de los Santos Free agent

Jordan Norberto Free agent

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who is "they"?

[/QUOTE]LOL...every time this list comes up i can't help it....ok, show of hands of those that said...WHO????? Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

LOL, Faux News, that explains a lot. And I didn't deny anything, please show me where I did. And no double standard either. Do you always make stuff up?

I will assume the Faux News response was in response to my a propos moniker for them, and not a subtle hint that you think I am a loyal viewer who finds them informative.

You have no double standard?  Sure, after it gets pointed out that the Yankees were rife on the Mitchell Report, you claimed that was because the committee was headed by George Mitchell, did you not?   We all know where the Ortiz link started.  If it did not start with the 2003 survey testing and subsequent leak, you are living solely in a world of supposition and poor sportsmanship.   So the Mitchell Report should be discounted, at least for Yankees, but the anonymous 2003 test results are a gold standard.   How is that NOT a double standard?   Which is it – double standard or random, unsupported accusation?  There is no third option.

Umm, did you again miss the part where I stated that all teams have had PED users?

I did not miss it.  I took it for what it was, an addendum to avoid future hypocrisy accusations.   It’s not like it was your response to the Mitchell Report charges.   And if you meant it, why single out Ortiz individually?  If every team has PED users, what is the purpose of anyone arguing on this thread at all? 

Do you really believe that Manny only started using when he got to LA?

I have no idea when Manny started using.  Do you?   I can admit, I want to believe he was clean in Boston, but I have zero proof.   I do put zero faith in the anonymous 2003 test results for a number of reasons, but that is not important for my stance.  After all, I have not been and, am not arguing about whether any player has used, is using, or will use.   If you have not noticed, I have never said anywhere who has or has not definitely used, barring evidence or admission.  (Pettitte, for example, admitted usage.  I just do not believe he was truthful about how often.)    However, I have called into question the wanton accusations of players with little to no support.

However, when MLB started testing, I did figure most of the players who would get caught would fall into two categories – aging players trying to hang on, and younger fringe players who figure it was their only chance.  Let’s leave Manny out of it for emotional reasons.   Could you see, say, Rafael Palmeiro falling into one of those categories?  Do you think Palmeiro used for his entire career, or even a big part of it?  Or was he an aging shadow trying to hang on for one more season?

I don't remember most of the Biogenesis related players testing positive, so saying that Ortiz didn't test positive in 10 yrs as proof he didn't use is worthless.

And where are my links I requested?  Did they expire, or does modern technology no longer support them?

Whether or not players have beaten PED testing is proof of nothing.  This thread is a blatant accusation of Ortiz using steroids.  Based on what?  Do you have an established link specifically proving usage more recent than 2003?  And with nothing else, where do these accusations come from?  Are you just randomly throwing them around?   Is it some sort of “gut feeling”?   Or is it what we all know it is, that you are desperate to tarnish another Sox title by saying it was only achieved through cheating, which of course you would never do to any Yankee title?   And also you are probably trying to imply the only reason the Sox beat the Yankees was that the Sox, specifically Ortiz, must have cheated while the Yankees were pristine.

It is annoying the remarkable amount of unsportsmanlike fans who think they know what proof of steroids is.  “Ortiz had a great year, much better than he was 3 years ago.  That PROVES he is using.”   Really, Roger Maris hit nearly a quarter of his home runs in one season of  his ten year career.  Is that PROOF Maris was using steroids in 1961? 

Random, unsupported accusations do not make you look like the smarter fan you think they do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who is "they"?

[/QUOTE]

A little unfair to decide Martinez should count as a Yankee, since he was probably not even with the organization when tht investigation began.

However, you omitted those who previosuly served their suspensions - Melky Cabrera, Yasmani Grandal and Bartolo Colon.  Melky has clear Yankee ties.  Colon pitched for a lot of teams, including Boston, but did come under scrutiny for blood doping while he was a Yankee...

Sections
Shortcuts