Big Sloppy being fitted for a WALKING BOOT !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Big Sloppy being fitted for a WALKING BOOT !

Maybe he can get fitted for an Oakland A's or Tampa Rays uniform while he is at it.... his exit cannot come soon enough for me.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21232891/ortiz-undergoes-ultrasound-achilles

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Big Sloppy being fitted for a WALKING BOOT !

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe he can get fiited for a Oakland A's or Tampa Rays uniform while he is at it.... his exit cannot come soon enough for me.

[/QUOTE]

Big Sloppy? Oh you hater, you.  Shame, shame.

Pike should be along shortly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

LOL.  All part of the plan.  I do not hate... I want him gone and complete change ushered in. He needs to go now.  Elles and Lester have until July to perform or they are out to.

I forbid Farrell or Bogar to be part of the team.

I also want better cheese on the Fenway nachos.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BTW pike got the 2004Idiots treatment, his posts are not visible on the forum any longer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL.  All part of the plan.  I do not hate... I want him gone and complete change ushered in. He needs to go now.  Elles and Lester have until July to perform or they are out to.

I forbid Farrell or Bogarts to be part of the team.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, it probably time to let him go. It would be nice to have a DH who can at least play first or the outfield sometimes. He had a pretty good season this year which makes it a little tougher to let go.

They sell Fenway nachos over there where you are?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

2006 the cheese was bad.... but maybe that was Detroit... I can't recall. 2006 I went to two Sox games, one Tigers, one Reds, and ..... maybe that was it. 4 games 3 stadiums. Good year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Maybe he can get fitted for an Oakland A's or Tampa Rays uniform while he is at it.... his exit cannot come soon enough for me.

[QUOTE] 

Sorry but I take serious issue with your name calling. Maybe it's made in jest but I don't think you'd love your neighbors or employer referring to you as Big Sloppy or some other idiotic term to your friends or co-workers. 

If you are as you profess not an Ortiz hater why are you in such a hurry to get rid of him. Ortiz may not be perfect but with so many younger players on the roster and about to come up he is a nice veteran presence as well as power hitter in what has now become a somewhat powerless lineup. 

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lets get get ride of all power threats in the lineup. You sound like Bill said Ciriaco would be a better DH then Ortiz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Here we go again.

Burrito, we fought over Papi befgore ... and I was right.  He still had a lot to contribute.  Now he's injured during one of his best statistical seasons in a long time and you're back at it ...

Injuries are part of the game.  It isn't as if it is something he sought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Actually, I think it was Papelbon who first called David Big Sloppy :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I forbid Farrell or Bogarts to be part of the team.

[/QUOTE]

you mean Bogar, right? Bogaerts should be here by 2014...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A waking boot is a first step to a running boot.

Spring training just around the bend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Big sloppy?  He actually can play first base and not badly at that.  But AGon and before him Youk were both gold glovers, so DH was the right slot.  And doesn't an OPS over 1.000 in 2012 count for something?  Didn't Ted Williams once say the most difficult skill to master in all of sports is hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely? 

That's why the Sox are reportedly having serious talks with him about next year.  With AGon in LA with CC, the Sox need Ortiz back as well as Ells and Ross--and Pedroia is of course a given. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

That's why the Sox are reportedly have serious talks with him about a next year.  With AGon in LA with CC, the Sox need Ortiz back as well as Ells and Ross--and Pedroia is of course a given. 

[/QUOTE]

If the Sox don't sign Papi for next year they'll need to spend good money somewhere to bring in power to drive in runs. If Ellsbury can get back to where he was in 2011 with driving in runs,  Ross will contribute some power, but without Papi the lineup is pretty close to what some would call a "Punch and Judy" lineup. The Sox need to pay up and then find another player capable of driving in runs to protect Papi.

Hetch  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Big Sloppy? Big Sloppy ... Big Sloppy ... hmm ... OH I GET IT!! IT RHYMES WITH BIG PAPI!!! HILARIOUS!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The trade with L.A.  was made to clear payroll.  That does not mean that we should get into a total clean house mode.  We are hearing too much talk of  getting rid of  Otiz , as well as moving guys like Lester , Ellsbury and even Pedroia. A good team should have a mix of youth and veterans. A team of strictly young prospects will not work. Sox should use the money saved by the trade to sign Ortiz and explore the free agent and International markets for pitching help.  We will soon find out if Ben is up to the job. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Big Sloppy? Big Sloppy ... Big Sloppy ... hmm ... OH I GET IT!! IT RHYMES WITH BIG PAPI!!! HILARIOUS!!!

[/QUOTE]

It's wicked clever!!

If you're still in 7th grade....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I think Lucchino should be terminated on the spot.  I'm tired of his corporate gobblygook.

He threw Francona under the bus and pulls all the puppet strings attached to Cherington.  Actually, wasn't Epstein's initial resignation due to Lucchino's monopoly of power?

His lies, distortions and phony facade turns my stomach.

While we're at it, Ellsbury(Ellspuff, Mr. Fragile) should also be gotten rid of ASAP.  If anyone here actually thinks he's not fragile or actually wants to return to the Sox, would have better odds betting on the tooth fairy.

As I've posted before, I think the tendon problem with Ortiz is the beginning of the end of a wonderful career with the Sox.  I think he should be given a 1-yr contract at MOST with a team option on the second year.  Don't be surprised if the 1-yr turns into a sad injury plagued one....not because he's lost talent, but because father time is catching up to him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Bogard or Farrell should NEVER be hired.  They are only cogs in Lucchino's wheel.

It's time for new blood and it will never be infused if Lucchino is in control.

Besides, what is so enamoring about Farrell or Bogard besides having exceedingly large brown noses from being so close to Lucchino?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

papi should walk (no pun intended) he is overpriced for his position and health prospects are not good...but the biggest reason is we need a new direction....take that 30 mil and give it to someone else...preferably a pitcher

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I like the name Ellspuff because I think it's appropriate.  And yes, Softy did coin it.

Is it childish to call the 2004 team 'The Idiots'?  Was it childish for Ted Williams to call Johnny Pesky 'Needle Nose'?  Actually, I think the name 'Ellspuff' is pretty innocent compared to other names I've read. 

Also, I know most people dislike him(Softy) not because of his baseball ideas...which is claimed, but because he disagrees with the extreme political left leaning of most posters here.  And yes, I do expect you to take offense and begin the salivating and foaming at the mouth.

Sections
Shortcuts