Big Sloppy being fitted for a WALKING BOOT !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Big Sloppy being fitted for a WALKING BOOT !

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL. Most posters here are ultra-Conservative and not extreme left.  I estimated it at 80% and Examiner says more like 60%. The typical profile here is to be elderly, retired, and residing in a retirement State such as Florida. That spells Conservative to me.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, although I question your statistics,  I consider that a compliment.

The trouble is, to the lefties, anyone politically left of Obama, Biden, Reid or the deceased Kennedy is, to them,  considered an ultra-conservative which is truly laughable.  I don't count JFK in this statement because today he'd be considered ultra-conservative. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Thank you, although I question your statistics,  I consider that a compliment.The trouble is, to the lefties, anyone politically left of Obama, Biden, Reid or the deceased Kennedy is, to them,  considered an ultra-conservative which is truly laughable.  I don't count JFK in this statement because today he'd be considered ultra-conservative.

Actually I dislike any politics on the baseball board, right, left or otherwise. If I wanted to talk politics I'd be in the politics forum, which I'm not. My biggest problem with softlaw, and you for that matter is the insistence on bringing politics onto the baseball forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

So,in order to make a bad team better,they need to get rid of their best offensive player?Then they can replace him with someone who isn't as good.This will somehow make the team better?

That's a novel approach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank you, although I question your statistics,  I consider that a compliment.The trouble is, to the lefties, anyone politically left of Obama, Biden, Reid or the deceased Kennedy is, to them,  considered an ultra-conservative which is truly laughable.  I don't count JFK in this statement because today he'd be considered ultra-conservative.

Actually I dislike any politics on the baseball board, right, left or otherwise. If I wanted to talk politics I'd be in the politics forum, which I'm not. My biggest problem with softlaw, and you for that matter is the insistence on bringing politics onto the baseball forum.

[/QUOTE]

I must admit that I've always admired and respected your posts.

I'll try harder..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I must admit that I've always admired and respected your posts.I'll try harder...

Thank you. Sorry if I was harsh, but election season really seems to bring out the worst in me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

If Ortiz is allowed to leave, the Sox better amass the best SP rotation in the league.  They will be suffering a lot of low scoring games.  Not saying it might not be better to just bite the bullet now, as opposed to re-upping Ortiz for 2 or 3 years, just know that he is by far the best offensive player on a weak offensive roster.

OTH, is there any doubt that if they DO extend him on a multi-year contract that he won't get injured and see production fall off?  That has happened  in every 3+ year contract they have agreed to since Dice-K's deal in 2007, no? 

And if they DO NOT extend him a multi-year deal, it is a given that he must go.  He is too big an ego and distraction to make up for his ability to hit HRs.  Just imagine how insolent he will be if he gets "disrespected" with another $15 million arbitration deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I must admit that I've always admired and respected your posts.I'll try harder...

Thank you. Sorry if I was harsh, but election season really seems to bring out the worst

[/QUOTE]

No problem...all is well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

you mean Bogar, right? Bogaerts should be here by 2014... southpaw

[/QUOTE]

yes that is what I meant.... you got me there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW pike got the 2004Idiots treatment, his posts are not visible on the forum any longer.

[/QUOTE]

Is that right? What about his many aliases? Are they banned too? Personally, I favor a vacation rather then permanent banning for bad behavior. People can learn to behave here with proper persuasion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

papi should walk (no pun intended) he is overpriced for his position and health prospects are not good...but the biggest reason is we need a new direction....take that 30 mil and give it to someone else...preferably a pitcher

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he produced this year, so IMO he gets one more year (but not two). He deserves one more year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BTW pike got the 2004Idiots treatment, his posts are not visible on the forum any longer.

[/QUOTE]

Is that right? What about his many aliases? Are they banned too? Personally, I favor a vacation rather then permanent banning for bad behavior. People can learn to behave here with proper persuasion.

[/QUOTE]

You are banned for life from talksox.

[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant, since I am now here.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are banned for life from talksox.

[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant, since I am now here.

[/QUOTE]

LOL....it is what got you banned from talksox you simpleton.

Has Rafe told you sawxheads is shutting down soon?

I love it.

You reap what ya sow ya bozo.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry WallyBrainDead...I am not going to get sucked into a personal back and forth with you no matter how hard you try. The fact that you persist in doing this reflects on you, not me. Again:

TALK TO THE HAND!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Lucchino should be terminated on the spot.  I'm tired of his corporate gobblygook.

He threw Francona under the bus and pulls all the puppet strings attached to Cherington.  Actually, wasn't Epstein's initial resignation due to Lucchino's monopoly of power?

His lies, distortions and phony facade turns my stomach.

While we're at it, Ellsbury(Ellspuff, Mr. Fragile) should also be gotten rid of ASAP.  If anyone here actually thinks he's not fragile or actually wants to return to the Sox, would have better odds betting on the tooth fairy.

As I've posted before, I think the tendon problem with Ortiz is the beginning of the end of a wonderful career with the Sox.  I think he should be given a 1-yr contract at MOST with a team option on the second year.  Don't be surprised if the 1-yr turns into a sad injury plagued one....not because he's lost talent, but because father time is catching up to him.

[/QUOTE]

Ampoule, terrific post.  Look, Papi got injured in July and now three months later he still can't move.  He is starting to fall apart physically and his age is catching up with him.  It is part of the aging process and there must be nothing more than a one year contract and no option whatsoever  If Ortiz doesn't like it let him go somewhere else where he thinks he can get the contract he desires.  Papi has been a big part of our team's previous success but for pete's sake there comes a time when you just have to move on.

As for Ells, face it, the guy is a tin man, easily bruised and long disabled, and though I wish he could stay healthy and stay with the Red Sox he wants out and we must try to accommodate him.....if we can.  But we cannot just give him away but this winter it is going to be hard to get a lot for him since it would be a one year rental---and there are a lot of other CF that will be available and not represented by that bas@@rd Boras.

As for Lucchino, I compare him to rat s@it; he is  that low down in my view, a real rotten do@che bag, but he was given a new three year contract by Priune Face Henry, so we are left with just praying that he stops meddling and keeps his rotten nose in marketing and promotions because all of us, save for him, is aware that he doesn't know baseball worth a d@mn.