Big West Coast Swing....SD, LAA, SEA, OAK......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Big West Coast Swing....SD, LAA, SEA, OAK......

750 On This Trip Before The Break We Good.....Wink....

Go RedSox.................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Big West Coast Swing....SD, LAA, SEA, OAK......

In response to 56redsox's comment:

The San Diego games are at Fenway. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The San Diego games are at Fenway. 

[/QUOTE]

My Bad, Looking Ahead To Much....Smile......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I say they sweep San Diego at Fenway and go 6 and 4 on the road trip, taking 3 out of 4 in Seattle. and 1 out of 3 in one series (Anaheim or Oakland), and 2 out of three in the other (Anaheim or Oakland).  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

I always fear these west coast trips.  I'll let you you guys be optimistic.  I just want to hide my head and hope the sox look nice when the dust clears.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I would really like to play the Dodgers !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They need to sweep SD then go at least 5-5 on the trip.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

If you sign with the Sox by August 23-25, you'll get your wish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

After the Padre series, it is 10 games on the West Coast against Angels (3), M's (4) and A's (3), then after the break we open up at The Fens with Yanks (3), Rays (4), O's (3).

For those of you who have been following the BoSox for years, you know that regardless of our situation, these West Coast trips are typically sub .500 trips. We need to avoid that with the inter division games at home coming right after the trip.

July will be very telling, without question.

Go Sox

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I doubt the Red Sox will sweep the home games against the San Diego Padres, who are better than some posters apparently think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I remember looking back at the end of may and seeing how tough the June schedule looked.  Still uncertain of this team and with Ny and Baltimore playing strong it was still hard to imagine this a first place team.......but here we are past the 1/2 way mark and the Sox are KILLING it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ah, Sox hitting the Java Circuit...so much fun Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

We won't sweep the Pads, most likely, and a 5-5 record on the road trip would mean a highly successful trip. I think its going to be more like 4-6 or even 3-7. These trips tend to be very difficult ones for the Red Sox, historically.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

So you hate the team, historically speaking?

I like the team just fine. It is you that I dislike.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

We won't sweep the Pads, most likely, and a 5-5 record on the road trip would mean a highly successful trip. I think its going to be more like 4-6 or even 3-7. These trips tend to be very difficult ones for the Red Sox, historically.

[/QUOTE]

ah pumpsie, ye who have little faith! If I may concure, I think that the pads are not to happy flying into boston to play the red hot 1st place Boston Red Sox starting tomorrow nite. I say sweep the buggahs right outta town.

West Team W L Pct GB Home Road East Central West Last 10 Streak Arizona 42 39 .519 - 21 - 16 21 - 23 9 - 10 12 - 7 18 - 19 4 - 6 L 3 Colorado 41 42 .494 2 25 - 19 16 - 23 9 - 8 6 - 6 23 - 16 4 - 6 L 1 San Diego 40 42 .488 2.5 25 - 18 15 - 24 11 - 8 4 - 6 19 - 22 4 - 6 L 2 San Francisco 39 42 .481 3 24 - 15 15 - 27 8 - 9 6 - 10 23 - 17 2 - 8 W 1 LA Dodgers 38 43 .469 4 25 - 21 13 - 22 11 - 9 9 - 6 14 - 23 8 - 2 W 2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

They do....in august...play the Giants too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I doubt the Red Sox will sweep the home games against the San Diego Padres, who are better than some posters apparently think.

I agree...don't overlook anyone or you could end up 1-2 in a series like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Talks of sweeping the A's and Angels in their homes...highly unlikely. Seattle isn't a piece of cake either...the Sox don't play well there and they do have Hernandez and Iwakuma. It would be very easy to end up 4-6 on this trip ...splitting in Seattle and winning just once in Oakland and LA. I hope we do better but the west coast trips usually aren't much fun...I do remember doing pretty good on one of those trips in 1967 when they won 10 in a row but I haven't seen anything like that in a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

What?

No WAR stats to tell how kickass the Padres are?

I'm so dissapointed...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep your finger crossed!

You'll be able to start yet another "They're Done" thread, if that happens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

Talks of sweeping the A's and Angels in their homes...highly unlikely. Seattle isn't a piece of cake either...the Sox don't play well there and they do have Hernandez and Iwakuma. It would be very easy to end up 4-6 on this trip ...splitting in Seattle and winning just once in Oakland and LA. I hope we do better but the west coast trips usually aren't much fun...I do remember doing pretty good on one of those trips in 1967 when they won 10 in a row but I haven't seen anything like that in a while.

It's when I hear this BS about sweeping this or that team or cleaning up on the West Coast that the hair really stands up on my neck and smoke comes out of my nostrils.  What crappy memories most of these people have KMan.  Historically we have played like a bunch of bums on the West Coast but, of course, we had FrancoMa managing the team and always ready with pablum and excuses for the team's lame showing out there.  I just pray that Farrell is made of sterner stuff and makes it clear that West Coast or not the team has to keep winning, not da@n excuses t his time. First, though, can we cut the crapola out about the trip and just concentrate on the upcoming series with the Padres.

Yes, the team has been resilient and playing well but we are not a powerhouse.  Our rotation is average and our bullpen is showing signs of wear and tear.  We have to concentrate on each and every game.  So let's concentrate on the game tomorrow----one game and one opponent at a time, or we may be sorry.  Please, guys, learn from the past and don't get too far ahead of yourselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think we should win the SD series, but I have my reservations about a West Coast Trip. We have never really done well with them. if we can come back at .500 for the trip, I will consider it a success.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm looking forward to the Red Sox vs. A's series.  

It's more like Current Red Sox players (Red Sox) vs. Former Red Sox players (A's).   LOL

Sections
Shortcuts