Biggest Game of the Year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Biggest Game of the Year!

Anyone sleeping? LOL It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. May seem like two days.

I'm happy that tomorrow could win it all for the Sox, and, at the same time, sad that it will be the last game of this incredible season. I can't remember a season being more fun than this one. The close games, even though in the playoffs, were fantastic. The World Series has been riveting. I'm gonna miss it when it's all over.

Go Sox! Let's get this done. I can't wait to see you next season. KissSmile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Biggest Game of the Year!

Am I the only one who's insulted by the "safety" and "security" concerns/articles in regards to the Sox winning the WS? I've never heard of that happening around Yankee Stadium, and New York is a far larger city with just as many, if not more, rabid fans. It just seems like OK you may win, but keep the excitement down.

And, yes, I was suprised by the police presence in other seasons and the treatment of fans. I don't understand why it's viewed as such a negative. All cities celebrate winning teams. I just wish they would stop making it sound like everyone is in danger because of the fans. It's a little over the top. IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I the only one who's insulted by the "safety" and "security" concerns/articles in regards to the Sox winning the WS? I've never heard of that happening around Yankee Stadium, and New York is a far larger city with just as many, if not more, rabid fans. It just seems like OK you may win, but keep the excitement down.

And, yes, I was suprised by the police presence in other seasons and the treatment of fans. I don't understand why it's viewed as such a negative. All cities celebrate winning teams. I just wish they would stop making it sound like everyone is in danger because of the fans. It's a little over the top. IMO

[/QUOTE]

it's the drunken idiots that spoil the fun for all...Safety concerns are legit but not en mass. for the Boston Police Dept when you have a couple of hundred thousands people all in one area celebrating, it doesn't take much to set off a mini riot. So there presence is meant to be a deterent to those that have had a few to many and step over the line...Hopefully tonight after we win, the celebration is joyous, no one gets hurt and the cops seek out and find the mini mobs that have malicious intent and minimize the colateral damage in Kenmore Square. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's the drunken idiots that spoil the fun for all...Safety concerns are legit but not en mass. for the Boston Police Dept when you have a couple of hundred thousands people all in one area celebrating, it doesn't take much to set off a mini riot. So there presence is meant to be a deterent to those that have had a few to many and step over the line...Hopefully tonight after we win, the celebration is joyous, no one gets hurt and the cops seek out and find the mini mobs that have malicious intent and minimize the colateral damage in Kenmore Square. 

[/QUOTE]

In addition, there's also the Marathon incident to consider.

Security will be tight, for good reason.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boston is a big college town.

It stands to reason that there will be more college-aged kids looking for a reason to act up, than a lot of other cities.

I just hope that neither the kids, or the cops let things get out of hand.

I'll enjoy the game from my couch.

No parking hassles and plenty of cold beer. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts