Biggest weekend of the year thus far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Biggest weekend of the year thus far

Yankees play Minny and Rays play Houston. Obviously,we have to win 2 in Oakland to complete a pretty good west coast trip. It is tough on us and easy on them. I hope they are over confident. We can win 2 against moneyball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Re: Biggest weekend of the year thus far

What is up with the Rays? Lost only one of their last 13 games!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Likely lose a little ground this weekend,  just don't get swept; seems like the yankees are forever playing the twins.  Rays are not going away, that young bat Myers is helping provide offense for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankees play Minny and Rays play Houston. Obviously,we have to win 2 in Oakland to complete a pretty good west coast trip. It is tough on us and easy on them. I hope they are over confident. We can win 2 against moneyball.

[/QUOTE

It will be a tough 3 game series against the "Red Sox West" team that has a number of former Red Sox players in their lineup who always seem to have big games against us.  On top of that, the A's had Thursday off resting their players for the series versus our Sox going extra innings in Seattle yesterday.  Fortunately we only had to use 3 pitchers in that 10 inning game.  Sure hope we can win at least 1 game, let alone 2 or 3 which would be awesome.  Keep your fingers crossed and GO SOX! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's funny how we keep seeing these "biggest of the year " threads.

One poster was looking at the post All Star Game schedule, now we get biggest weekend of the year.

The truth is all the games are important and the key is to stay consistent and not have long losing streaks. It is too early for scoreboard watching.

The As are a team we should beat, just like Seattle. Sure they get more out of less than Seattle does, but they are still a lesser team on paper than the Red Sox , Baltimore and Detroit. I believe that these are the stronger teams when healthy. Oakland is a cheapskate outfit that ( like Tampa Bay) survives on the exuberance of a youthful lineup, not with pure talent. The teams like Detroit , Boston and Baltimore have better talent ....just too many older players who do not always give 100% ( It really ticks me off when team leader Ortiz does not run out flyballas and groundballs , like our other team leader Pedroia ).

So, those of you just hoping "we don't get swept" while watching the scoreboard, should bear in mind the usually cynical ZILLAGOD is expecting to SWEEP the stinking As , as I hate this crybaby outfit that is always screaming about it's "small" market , as if no one lives in California!...isn't Oakland a pretty big city?

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

One poster was looking at the post All Star Game schedule, now we get biggest weekend of the year.

The truth is all the games are important and the key is to stay consistent and not have long losing streaks. It is too early for scoreboard watching.

The As are a team we should beat, just like Seattle. Sure they get more out of less than Seattle does, but they are still a lesser team on paper than the Red Sox , Baltimore and Detroit. I believe that these are the stronger teams when healthy. Oakland is a cheapskate outfit that ( like Tampa Bay) survives on the exuberance of a youthful lineup, not with pure talent. The teams like Detroit , Boston and Baltimore have better talent ....just too many older players who do not always give 100% ( It really ticks me off when team leader Ortiz does not run out flyballas and groundballs , like our other team leader Pedroia ).

So, those of you just hoping "we don't get swept" while watching the scoreboard, should bear in mind the usually cynical ZILLAGOD is expecting to SWEEP the stinking As , as I hate this crybaby outfit that is always screaming about it's "small" market , as if no one lives in California!...isn't Oakland a pretty big city?

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

Nice.  A man with definite opinions.  I might have been the one talking about the tough schedule, but you are right about how every game is important and, really, every game is winnable (only some games turn out to be a just a tad more winnable than others). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Agreed 100% with this guy, the Sox should sweep this series, I'm just not impressed with the A's and I generally dismiss west coast baseball teams as most of them Are garbage. Sox, to me are by far the best team in the AL and possibly the majors. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Z -- Great post. Agree 100 percent.

(Note: I used to like the A's -- the 1970 A's of Sal Bando, Reggie Jackson, Joe Rudi, Rollie Fingers, Catfish Hunter and Bert Campaneris.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

Agreed 100% with this guy, the Sox should sweep this series, I'm just not impressed with the A's and I generally dismiss west coast baseball teams as most of them Are garbage. Sox, to me are by far the best team in the AL and possibly the majors. 

The A's lead the AL in overall pitching. Their record says that they are the second best team in the AL. The Sox are unlikely to sweep this team. If they win just one game then they are at 5-5 for a very difficult road trip. I would call that a success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

The A's lead the AL in overall pitching. Their record says that they are the second best team in the AL. The Sox are unlikely to sweep this team. If they win just one game then they are at 5-5 for a very difficult road trip. I would call that a success.

I was hoping 5-5 myself on this roadtrip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ok, the Rays are playing Houston and the Yankees are playing Minnesota.  So what?  Would anyone like to lay down any even money that the Rays sweep Houston?  How about the Yankees sweeping Minny?  That's what I thought.  It's a fool's bet.  Stuff happens in baseball, stuff you don't expect.

When the plane left Boston for the West Coast I was expecting (yes, expecting) them to go 5-5.  Then after getting the snot kicked out of them the first two games I lowered my expectations.  (isn't it amazing how we get tied up in the moment?)  Now I'm back to expecting one win to go 5-5, but I don't think winning two (or three?) is out of the question either.

No matter what happens, if we can go into the AS break with a lead of no less than 2 1/2 games I'll be happy.   

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You are right Zill just go back to the 11 game run by the Jays and how all the talk was about them finally figuring it out. Well since then they are 3 - 12 they figured nothing out. Consistency consistency. RS could (but won't) loss all 3 NYY and TB could (but won't) win all 3 and it won't mean anything if they do just the opposite after the AS game

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I always feel a little strange when too many people agree with me.

I am just not used to getting that here.

This proves either that I am pretty smart or at least my stupid ideas are universally liked.

Either way, thanks guys!

Sections
Shortcuts