Bill what say you t baller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Bill what say you t baller

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Webster has good stuff.   Lacks command.  This is the major leagues.  Without command, you will not succeed.  Also , the reports of him throwing a fastball in the high 90s seems to have been exaggerated.  Maybe it was nerves , but his dismal performance last night was a major letdown.

He's not usually wild - averages about a walk per start, including the game against KC.  He hit 97 a couple of times as well.

It's not just about walks. It is about quality strikes. You cannot throw a fastball , even a good one , right down the middle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Webster has good stuff.   Lacks command.  This is the major leagues.  Without command, you will not succeed.  Also , the reports of him throwing a fastball in the high 90s seems to have been exaggerated.  Maybe it was nerves , but his dismal performance last night was a major letdown.

He's not usually wild - averages about a walk per start, including the game against KC.  He hit 97 a couple of times as well.

It's not just about walks. It is about quality strikes. You cannot throw a fastball , even a good one , right down the middle.

Webster was clearly off last night. The start before that he gave up 2 ER in six innings, and he has done well at AAA. I would much rather see him in the rotation than Doubront who showed up at camp fat and out of shape and has never performed at a decent level. Doubront should be viewed as "depth" for when someone in the rotation is injured and to accomplish that a phantom injury should be invented so he can be sent to Pawtucket for a long long rehab assignment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Long term I don't know about Webster but sadly last night all I could think of was deer-in-the-headlights. Doubront, on the other hand, didn't look like he gave a damn whether he got bombed or not. It's only one dreadful outing but last night neither one looked like they belonged in the bigs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Long term I don't know about Webster but sadly last night all I could think of was deer-in-the-headlights. Doubront, on the other hand, didn't look like he gave a damn whether he got bombed or not. It's only one dreadful outing but last night neither one looked like they belonged in the bigs.

On the other hand, Webster was anything but deer-in-headlights in his first start.  He looked like he had been-there-done-that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to trouts' comment:

On the other hand, Webster was anything but deer-in-headlights in his first start.  He looked like he had been-there-done-that.

I know, everyone talks about this kids poise on the mound the 1st time, and now that he has a bad outing he was a "deer in the headlights"...Too funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Last night Webster's heater didn't seem to have any movement and when you throw it right down the middle in "the bigs" you're gonna get tagged. Maybe if he had gotten a few calls early in the counts from the home plate ump, he could have stayed away from the middle of the plate, but that didn't happen and the Twins just teed off on him. Morale of the story is to get ahead in the count and make them swing at your pitch even if it is a few inches off the plate.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

That game last night was just a mess........  Webster looked like he was still pitching in High School..... What are they doing in 3-A with these pitchers ???   BTW, Doubront is going down hill fast, why ???

Gotta love Bill blames coaches in AAA and then directs discussion towards Doubrant are you a Obama guy????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

That game last night was just a mess........  Webster looked like he was still pitching in High School..... What are they doing in 3-A with these pitchers ???   BTW, Doubront is going down hill fast, why ???

Gotta love Bill blames coaches in AAA and then directs discussion towards Doubrant are you a Obama guy????

BILL-806 is begining to say...........  "BIG PAPI" IS 0-8 and it looks like the "wheels" are starting to come off......... Looking long ball again ......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

BILL-806 is begining to say...........  "BIG PAPI" IS 0-8 and it looks like the "wheels" are starting to come off......... Looking long ball again ......

Again, you'd rather be right about Ortiz, than see the Sox do well.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Yes, just like I am right about BENGAZI  but we can't cut to the truth !!!!   It has to be more than the words..... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, just like I am right about BENGAZI  but we can't cut to the truth !!!!   It has to be more than the words..... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

How's that for some truth, Bill?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

Figures you'd give more weight to two games than you would fifteen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You're awesome Billy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

This is exactly why you deserve no respect on this board. I keep wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and cut you some slack, but you keep on showing that you don't deserve it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

This is exactly why you deserve no respect on this board. I keep wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and cut you some slack, but you keep on showing that you don't deserve it.

So, no one on this board is concerned about "BIG PAPI"  ?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

No, because nearly everyone didn't expect him to hit .400 all year.

Evidently, you did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

David Ortiz

BA .353

SLG. .660

OPS 1.045

0 for the last 8  !!!!!!

Not for 0-for-8. I'm not that stupid. Not for any short slump for that matter.

You see -- I have a brain. I never expected him to .400 or .500 all season. Heck, I really don't expect him to hit .300. With him missing the first couple weeks and coming back from the injury, all I expected was .270 or better with 25-plus homers and 90-plus RBIs. I don't expect a 37-year-old to carry the team -- just be a strong contributing piece. And if he does carry the team for short bursts -- great.

Concerned about his health? Sure. Again -- because I have a brain. Achilles injuries are a concern and his health in general is a concern because of his age. But there's a difference between healthy concern and a pathological expectation that he will get hurt.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts