Billy Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Billy Hamilton

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight. Incredible. Realize how fast that is? If you have a bike with a speedometer on it, you would probably have to be going down a moderately steep hill to even get it going that fast, unless you're Lance Armstrong on the juice. He and Jackie Bradley Jr. started from the same line in April, and I figured of the two, Bradley would be the one to hit better. But Hamilton is now hitting .275, and has to be in the font running for NL ROY. He has stolen third base 12 times, more than any other NL TEAM. He's also very, very clutch, when you need a hit he gets it. Batting .340 something w/risp. Batted twice tonight with the bases loaded and drove in 4 runs. He's beginning to remind me of another scrappy Reds switch hitting lead off hitter, Bip Roberts. JBJ is showing signs of life, hope he comes around if not this year then next. Bogaerts is the one that has me scratching my head. WMB II? I don't think so, but he needs to get his head on straight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: Billy Hamilton

Head scratching js right. Has to be a problem with the coaching.  The same thing has been going on too long with XB. They should have been able to make a correction by now. He has the talent. They mentioned during the game that JBJ has made an adjustment in his stance which has proven to help hs hitting.  Been going on much too long with Xander...and everyone else for that matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

That's good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Hopefully he keeps stealing 50 bases 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

Head scratching js right. Has to be a problem with the coaching.  The same thing has been going on too long with XB. They should have been able to make a correction by now. He has the talent. They mentioned during the game that JBJ has made an adjustment in his stance which has proven to help hs hitting.  Been going on much too long with Xander...and everyone else for that matter.

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is the most putrid offense I've ever seen from a team that entered the season considered to be a possible contender, and it's for sure the worst I've ever seen on a Boston team. The ineptitude is reaching incredible levels. There are just no words. How many times this year have we seen 1, 2, or 3 hits in a game? And how many times have we not even gotten our first hit til after the 6th? I've never seen the like of it. It was that way April 1, and has not let up a bit in three months. I guess the only thing that lights fires under this team are acts of terrorism against the city, and we obviously don't need any more of that so I guess we're stuck. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

The absolute worst hitting Red Sox team since the 60's. I'm not even sure how bad the 61 or 62 Sox were by comparison, but this teams offense is beyond terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight. Incredible. Realize how fast that is? If you have a bike with a speedometer on it, you would probably have to be going down a moderately steep hill to even get it going that fast, unless you're Lance Armstrong on the juice.

[/QUOTE]
    22.4 MPH is a good clip for a cyclist, but they don't need juice or downhill to reach that. A serious amateur can easily average that speed. Its above my capabilities right now, but I can hit that if I'm in a sprint and there's no wind or I'm in a pack. Pro cyclists can average up to 28 mph on flat terrain and can easily hit 30 mph in sprint and don't have to be on the juice to reach that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight. Incredible. Realize how fast that is? If you have a bike with a speedometer on it, you would probably have to be going down a moderately steep hill to even get it going that fast, unless you're Lance Armstrong on the juice.

22.4 MPH is a good clip for a cyclist, but they don't need juice or downhill to reach that. A serious amateur can easily average that speed. Its above my capabilities right now, but I can hit that if I'm in a sprint and there's no wind or I'm in a pack. Pro cyclists can average up to 28 mph on flat terrain and can easily hit 30 mph in sprint and don't have to be on the juice to reach that.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But the point is, Hamilton reached that speed while running. Get up to 22 on a bike, then think about jumping off and running without losing speed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Adjustment with JBJ's stance was for him to go back to his ORIGINAL stance.  That would suggest that when he initially struggled, instead of being patient and letting him work things out they tried to tinker his stance and that only prolonged his struggles.  This is just speculation, but perhaps they are messing with Xander too, he adjusted relatively quickly and at a insanely young age at every level so just let him see enough pitches and do it here if that is the case.   He's just 21....I'm sure he will come around. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight. Incredible. Realize how fast that is? If you have a bike with a speedometer on it, you would probably have to be going down a moderately steep hill to even get it going that fast, unless you're Lance Armstrong on the juice. He and Jackie Bradley Jr. started from the same line in April, and I figured of the two, Bradley would be the one to hit better. But Hamilton is now hitting .275, and has to be in the font running for NL ROY. He has stolen third base 12 times, more than any other NL TEAM. He's also very, very clutch, when you need a hit he gets it. Batting .340 something w/risp. Batted twice tonight with the bases loaded and drove in 4 runs. He's beginning to remind me of another scrappy Reds switch hitting lead off hitter, Bip Roberts. JBJ is showing signs of life, hope he comes around if not this year then next. Bogaerts is the one that has me scratching my head. WMB II? I don't think so, but he needs to get his head on straight.

[/QUOTE]

while your scratching your head, Bogaerts been scratching his AZZ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VoiceofReason2014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fastest human footspeed on record is 44.72 km/h (12.42m/s, 27.44 mph), seen during a 100 meters sprint (average speed between the 60th and the 80th meter) by Usain Bolt.[4]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah that sounds about right. Makes sense that Bolt is a bit faster than Hamilton. I was wondering last night when I wrote that OP what Bolt's top speed would be. But I'd bet Hamilton is the fastest in MLB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight.

After watching him play for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, nothing he does on the base paths as per speed would surprise me.  He is absolutely electric when he gets on base.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

During a bases clearing three run triple to right, Billy Hamilton was clocked at 22.4 mph tonight.

After watching him play for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, nothing he does on the base paths as per speed would surprise me.  He is absolutely electric when he gets on base.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

True. He just now stole his 37th base--third base for the 13th time.