blameless beckett my butt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

blameless beckett my butt

this guy goes around and takes none of the blame for last year and then
    blames some snitches in the clubhouse for all the trouble.just trade this
    jerk the sox dont need this crap he will win maybe 12 or 13 games and
    drag the club down with him.see ya later chickenbuckett.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: blameless beckett my butt

Yes - please trade him to the Yankees.

Thank you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I actually am quite glad the sox organization has no plans to trade their best pitcher.  I look forward to him having another really good year.  And, I agree with Dan Shaughnessy's total about-face assessment that beer in the clubhouse is no big deal.  

I do hope that, when the times comes again, he doesn't throw two stinkers like he did in his last 2 starts of 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Beckett is what he is, just another pampered athlete. I don't think anyone here really cares what he thinks or says. Just shut-up and pitch well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Full Beckett interview here
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2012/02/26/airing-it-out-mound-and-josh-beckett-sees-no-

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Why don't we [Sox fans] let it go about Lastt Sept. Let's start with 2012 and let a new season begin. After all everyone has made a fool out of themselves at some point. Do I like Beckett's action's, attitudes and demeaner, no, but, I'm just looking for his production on the field, and hoping he has in some small way learned a lesson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: blameless beckett my butt:
    Why don't we [Sox fans] let it go about Lastt Sept. Let's start with 2012 and let a new season begin. After all everyone has made a fool out of themselves at some point. Do I like Beckett's action's, attitudes and demeaner, no, but, I'm just looking for his production on the field, and hoping he has in some small way learned a lesson.
    Posted by peanutandme

i can see that having a kid made him more mature, reasoanble, and thoughtful....what a meathead...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

The problem with just letting it go is that for some stupid reason this guy is a leader in the clubhouse, at least among the starting pitchers. He seems to be a real cancer although in honesty how do we know. This interview however seems to prove the point. Get rid of him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

People who blame Beckett for last years collapse are clueless about baseball.  They really are.

Beckett had a Cy Young season until he got hurt in September.  He pitched in 4 games last september.  He won one game, lost 2, and in a 4th game that he started, the Sox lost 0-1.

Someone explain to me how eating chicken and having a beer in the clubhouse when you aren't playing caused the collapse? 

They were relying on Becket, lester, and buch to carry the team.  The problem with that is Buch got badly hurt, beckett sprained his ankle, and lester turtled.

The rest of the rotation had no business wearing a major league uniform and caused the BP to be overused and run down by September.

The collapse last year was not Beckett's fault.  It was ownership's fault for not having a rotation of 5 major league quality pitchers for the entire season.  heck, they didn't even have 4 quality ptichers in the rotation, and when Buch went down, they had 2.  2 quality starters were supposed to carry the team for 2 months?  That's crazy.

Last year's team played their behinds off last year and simply ran out of gas. They had a brutal schedule caused by the rain outs, rain delays, and extra inning games.  They wore down as the season progressed.

And the only help ownership gave them was a pair of headphones and an offer of a party on John Henry's boat (yo hoo).

I think it's pathetic that so called knowledgeable fans eat up the BS put out by ownership.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

People who blame Beckett for last years collapse are clueless about baseball.  They really are. Beckett had a Cy Young season until he got hurt in September.  He pitched in 4 games last september.  He won one game, lost 2, and in a 4th game that he started, the Sox lost 0-1. Someone explain to me how eating chicken and having a beer in the clubhouse when you aren't playing caused the collapse?  They were relying on Becket, lester, and buch to carry the team.  The problem with that is Buch got badly hurt, beckett sprained his ankle, and lester turtled. The rest of the rotation had no business wearing a major league uniform and caused the BP to be overused and run down by September. The collapse last year was not Beckett's fault.  It was ownership's fault for not having a rotation of 5 major league quality pitchers for the entire season.  heck, they didn't even have 4 quality ptichers in the rotation, and when Buch went down, they had 2.  2 quality starters were supposed to carry the team for 2 months?  That's crazy. Last year's team played their behinds off last year and simply ran out of gas. They had a brutal schedule caused by the rain outs, rain delays, and extra inning games.  They wore down as the season progressed. And the only help ownership gave them was a pair of headphones and an offer of a party on John Henry's boat (yo hoo). I think it's pathetic that so called knowledgeable fans eat up the BS put out by ownership.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

my heart bleeds for these overworked, millionaire ball players who had to endure night games, rain storms, and shoddy electronic offerings....and now they have taken their beer away...is their no end to this torture?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BECKETT, LIKE RAJON RONDO WILL BE GONE BY THEIR RESPECTIVE TRADING DEADLINES !!!!!     AND DAD AGREES WITH THIS STATEMENT !!!Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

BECKETT, LIKE RAJON RONDO WILL BE GONE BY THEIR RESPECTIVE TRADING DEADLINES !!!!!     AND DAD AGREES WITH THIS STATEMENT !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Unless he is a Cy Young candidate again by the deadline.  in which case, I am sure Dad will agree with keepin' the ol' stubborn mule around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Georom isn't a simpleton, he is trolling and is good at it. Best to put him onto ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: blameless beckett my butt : my heart bleeds for these overworked, millionaire ball players who had to endure night games, rain storms, and shoddy electronic offerings....and now they have taken their beer away...is their no end to this torture?
    Posted by georom4

You couldn't do it.  You couldn't do a fraction of what they do on your best day. 

And it sounds like your opinion is based more on bitterness than reality.  you have no idea what beckett had to do to get ready to play after he hurt his ankle.  You have no idea what Lackey was doing to get his arm ready to play.

But you'll dump on the best pitcher the red sox had last year because he makes money. 

I wonder who the highest paid members of the Red Sox are.  The players?  Or maybe it's ownership.  You know, the guys that keep squeezing seats into Fenway so that the seats that didn't have an obstructed view are now super uncomfortable.  The guys who have jacked up the cost of a bottle of water to something north of $5.  These guys who delay and delay calling rain outs until the fans have bought thier hot dogs and had their beers.

Seriously.  You think Beckett eating chicken and having a beer in the clubhouse on his off days caused the collapse in September. 

Forget about the road trips and the rain outs.  Do you really think the people who put together a rotation with Lackey, Wakefield, bedard, and Miller are blameless?  They were calling up guys from pawtucket to pitch in September, in a pennant race for christ sakes.  there was talk of them having to sign a player to pitch the last game of the season. 

But you think it's all beckett's fault.

Without beckett, that team isn't even in the race for the post season. 

Beckett had a cy young worthy season last year until he sprained his ankle.  And that's the guy you want to dump on.

I can see dumping on Lester because he had no excuse.  Beckett was hurt.  But Lester wasn't.  And Lester had a worse September than Beckett. 

But again, whose fault is it that the only legit starter that wasn't hurt was lester? 

They had a rotation with Wakefield, Miller, bedard, and a broken down Lackey, and some how it's Beckett's fault.  Makes no sense to me.

Dice K went down and they did nothing.  Lackey was in need of TJ surgery, and they did nothing.  Buch breaks a bone in his back and after many weeks of wringing there hands, the get Bedard.  And when they don't make the post season somehow it's because of Tito and Beckett.

Sorry, not buying the BS being put out by ownership.  not buying their overpriced junk at Fenway and not buying the BS they put out about Tito and beckett.

Theo thought the whole thing stunk so bad that he got out of boston as fast as he could.  They brought in Tito's medical issues and his divorce as reasons why the team collapsed.  They made Tito serve up a Sh*t sandwich and then blamed it on Tito's divorce and Beckett eating Chicken.  And you believe them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Don't waste your time on an obvious troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Don't waste your time on an obvious troll.
    Posted by lowelll
    SON, YOUR OVER REACTING HERE....  GEROME IS A GOOD BASEBALL MAN, KNOWS HIS STUFF !!!   NOW THEN, YOU NEED TO GET OVER THIS LIBERAL "STICKS & STONES STUFF, AND COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT YOU"  !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett's ankle is the excuse for his rotton behavior?????? Get Real Dirty...I expect better from you - just fess up that he pitched and acted like he didnt care....I'm ready to move on and start the new season - why are you and others like Sox Dawg trying so hard to salvage his rep??? he made his own bed, let him lie in it -  case in point his attack on fans in his radio interview today...just s t fudge u and pitch already

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Nobody can really be as ignorant as Georom, he is merely toying with you ( trolling). He wants to manipulate you like his puppet. Put him onto ignore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

poor Pikey, he feels sad that I put him and his seven screen names on ignore...when you pick ONE name Pikey, we can chat again....until then - back to our regularly scheduled programs <flush>

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Beckett's ankle is the excuse for his rotton behavior?????? Get Real Dirty...I expect better from you - just fess up that he pitched and acted like he didnt care....I'm ready to move on and start the new season - why are you and others like Sox Dawg trying so hard to salvage his rep??? he made his own bed, let him lie in it -  case in point his attack on fans in his radio interview today...just s t fudge u and pitch already
    Posted by georom4

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: blameless beckett my butt : my heart bleeds for these overworked, millionaire ball players who had to endure night games, rain storms, and shoddy electronic offerings....and now they have taken their beer away...is their no end to this torture?
    Posted by georom4

No kidding. It's just not right that the Sox have to play West Coast teams, or that the season is so long. The schedulers just have it in for the Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: blameless beckett my butt : No kidding. It's just not right that the Sox have to play West Coast teams, or that the season is so long. The schedulers just have it in for the Sox.
    Posted by Alibiike

The player that complained about the schedule was Adrian Gonzalez and he complained about the number of late Sunday night games because of ESPN and then having to travel, get no sleep, and then play the following night. This affected the Red Sox and Yankees more than any other MLB team. Adrian had a point. It is amazing that so many of you HATE your own players and seldom try to see their side of the issue. Are you really Sox fans or just old grouches on an Internet forum. Try to be more joyful, optimistic, and tolerant. It is no wonder that Yankee fans come here and laugh at "Red Sox" fans. Harness would be ashamed of many of your attitudes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Try to be more joyful, optimistic, and tolerant"

Hmm actually one of the few things everyone in this forum agrees upon is that we'd all be better off without you and your frequently changing (and booted) aliases. 

You seem to have this idea that you are holding the forum together. Try going away for six months if you can - you'll see that we're all fine without you. 

You're really surprised that fans have an emotional investment in the team that can get ugly sometimes? That's what fans are. 

"Try to be more joyful, optimistic, and tolerant."

To which I would say - just be yourself, positive or not, but try to bring good ideas and information, keep an open mind, and don't hammer the same player or issue all the time because that can get trollish. Other than that the forum benefits from a diversity of viewpoints

"It is no wonder that Yankee fans come here and laugh at "Red Sox" fans."

Newsflash Yankee fans have the same issues, so does any other fan base that doesn't win the world series. Go into some fan forums and check it out for yourself. Sports fans the world over get disappointed and vent. You could stand to get out more. 

"Try to be more joyful, optimistic, and tolerant"

I'm optimistic you'll move on from here, we all feel more joyful when you're not here, and you give us all a lesson in tolerance, that's for sure. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I like Beckett a lot, several conditioning people were fired last year as well as a manager. If Beckett can look himself in the mirror and say he did everything he could and put out 110% effort last year then so be it. Its his conscience. I in my heart know that I went 110 percent when I was in Iraq and did the best for the soldiers in my unit. I can look at myself in the mirror.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Beckett admitted in the interview the the injured bothered him when he had to field the ball but refused to say that it affected his pitching. Perhaps it did but he didn't want to make excuses for his last two starts. One would think that the forum would be applauding him for not making excuses.

Several in the forum such as Georom thought that Youk was faking his injury but anyone who watched the games knew that he wasn't. But then that wasn't Georom's sincere opinion since he was merely trolling. It turns out that no matter what Beckett said the forum haters would bash him. Such are the nuances of Internet forums.

Sections
Shortcuts