Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz

Here goes.

I can hardly say it.

After watching lightening strike three times and thunder five times last night in the WS game,

I am more awestruck of Albert Pujols than ever.

So, this idiotic and blashepmous proposal ...

Release Papi (ouch ... my fingers hurt ... I can't believe I'm saying it ...)

ONLY AFTER SIGNING PUJOLS.  I know that has a world of variable that are unlikely, thus idiotic.

Since both Pujols and Adrian G are NL'ers and want to play at first, play one as DH and the other at first in alternating games ...  

It gives their bodies the sense of playing 81 games a year and the Sox get two SUPER guys 162 games a year ....

It lengthens their careers and gives us a Manny/Papi do-over that is super sized ...

Ok, now, shoot me down.  I knw I deserve it.

Sorry, Papi.  Really.

But I had to say it.

::  ::  ::

Gives each one some

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz

The idea is great.  The chances to keep them both happy is slim.  The ability to pay them both is almost impossible without going way over the tax level, which means his 25m coat closer to 35m.  But wow...that linup...jake, pedroia, adrian, albert, youk, cc, salty, reddick/kalish, scutaro.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Wonderful dream, no question. But I agree with Idiots that we need top tier #1, #2 Starting Pitching first. And Adam your lineup had Youk in it, therefore does not get my support.

We can never have too much pitching. We seem to always start the year out with 5 or 6 starters and as the season wears on the injuries mount e.g. Buch, DiceK, Beckett for a while, leaving us with a very shaky staff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Me to.  Albert is the one guy in MLB that everyone would love to have if they could afford it.  He is quite simply THE best hitter in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz:
    [QUOTE]As long as we're going to get Pujols, can we get King Felix Hernandez?
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

As long as we are in "Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds" realm, why not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]The idea is great.  The chances to keep them both happy is slim.  The ability to pay them both is almost impossible without going way over the tax level, which means his 25m coat closer to 35m.  But wow...that linup...jake, pedroia, adrian, albert, youk, cc, salty, reddick/kalish, scutaro.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

Well, we drop ten mill off without Papi and  14 or 15 with JD gone ...  that almost covers Albert

I haven't looked at the other contracts at all ... but those two come to mind 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The play for Pujols should have begun last year, but Theo went all in for A-Gon instead. We already had a great 1B in Youkilis, and by consensus, he would have been more healthy playing first than third anyways. That means all we needed was a temporary 3B until Prince Albert THE MACHINE Cardinal Swinger Pujols was signed, and then slot Youk to third. We would still have the kids that we shipped to San Diego and would be a better team overall. A-Gon's a great hitter but he aint no Albert Pujols, too bad too, but I guess it wasn't in God's plan.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I love Papi. but I'd release him in a second if the Sox had any chance at luring Pujols here.  But like A-Rod, I think any deal for Pujols will be obscenely long and the team that signs him will be paying a lot for a diminished player toward the end of that deal. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Does Albert Pujols pitch?

Pujols and Adrian Gonzalez would not look that good on a third-place team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Anyone who doubt Pujols can still get it done, is dead wrong.
    On baseball's biggest stage, he does something only Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson did.
    What an awesome player, and awesome performance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who doubt Pujols can still get it done, is dead wrong. On baseball's biggest stage, he does something only Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson did. What an awesome player, and awesome performance.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Tito.  Exactly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The idea is great.  The chances to keep them both happy is slim.  The ability to pay them both is almost impossible without going way over the tax level, which means his 25m coat closer to 35m.  But wow...that linup...jake, pedroia, adrian, albert, youk, cc, salty, reddick/kalish, scutaro.

Actually, if we let all our FAs go and don't take any team options, we'll have about $28-30M to spend and stay even with 2011's payroll budget. That means we can get Albert if we let Papi, Paps, Scutty, Wake, Vtek, miller, and Wheeler all go. There might be a few million left over, but my guess is not too much.

Is this OK with you?

C: Salty/Lava
    1B/DH: AGon
    DH/1B: Pujols
    2B: Pedey/Lowrie
    SS: Aviles/Iggy
    3B: Youk/Middlebrooks
    LF: CC/DMac
    CF: Ellsb/Kalish
    RF: Redd/Brentz

S1: Beckett
    S2: Lester
    S3: Buch
    S4: Lackey
    S5: Tazawa
    S6: Doubront

RP1: Bard
    2: Aceves
    3: Jenks
    4: Albers
    5: Atchison
    6: Morales

Line-up:
    1) L Ells
    2) R Pedey
    3) L AGon
    4) R Pujols
    5) R Youk
    6) L Craw
    7) R Aviles/L Lowrie
    8) R Lava/ S Salty
    9) R DMac/L Redd

1 through 5 is awesome, but then....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE] The play for Pujols should have begun last year, but Theo went all in for A-Gon instead. We already had a great 1B in Youkilis, and by consensus, he would have been more healthy playing first than third anyways. That means all we needed was a temporary 3B until Prince Albert THE MACHINE Cardinal Swinger Pujols was signed, and then slot Youk to third. We would still have the kids that we shipped to San Diego and would be a better team overall. A-Gon's a great hitter but he aint no Albert Pujols, too bad too, but I guess it wasn't in God's plan.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez had the better year in 2011, is the better defender and is 2.5 years younger than Pujols.  Gonzalez will be better over the next 7 years, and will have plenty of chances to shine in the post-season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz : Gonzalez had the better year in 2011, is the better defender and is 2.5 years younger than Pujols.  Gonzalez will be better over the next 7 years, and will have plenty of chances to shine in the post-season.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
     I hope so, because he's only got 5 singles in the post season, while Pujols is money. A-Gon, the Dan Marino of the AL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'd rather have some cheap, run-of-the-mill DH (Thome, etc.) and 30 million salary dollars of pitching than Pujols.  The guy is a legend, but we need better pitching not better hitting....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaspehmous and Idiotic Proposal from SinceYaz :  I hope so, because he's only got 5 singles in the post season, while Pujols is money. A-Gon, the Dan Marino of the AL.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]
    At least Adrian Gonzalez made it to the postseason in his first season following his January 2006 trade from Texas to San Diego.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Great dream that would end in a nightmare without any pitching.  Of course it might be fun losing games 14-13 instead of 6-5!

Sections
Shortcuts