Blink 42 ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Blink 42 ...

The new Jackie Robinson film "42" trailer included a shot that made me blink with surprise.  An attempted bean ball was thrown at Jackie's head while he was batting.  That wasn't the surprise ... the fact that he was without a helmet.  I know that was appropriate for the time, but it still just surpised me.  Reminded me of how we used to look when playing pick up or sandlot games - no helmet, for sure.

Made me wonder a little ... are there any other changes from "back in the day" that you remember ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Blink 42 ...

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

The new Jackie Robinson film "42" trailer included a shot that made me blink with surprise.  An attempted bean ball was thrown at Jackie's head while he was batting.  That wasn't the surprise ... the fact that he was without a helmet.  I know that was appropriate for the time, but it still just surpised me.  Reminded me of how we used to look when playing pick up or sandlot games - no helmet, for sure.

Made me wonder a little ... are there any other changes from "back in the day" that you remember ...

Peter Gammons Sunday collumn, the bredth of the internet coming to you once every seven days.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Blink 42 ...

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Hopefully there are some oldtimers who will resond to this.

Some might even talk baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts