BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Is anybody looking at the cr8p the Dodgers are passing off as top prospects?  Allen Webster - a 22 year old with a 1.5 WHIP at AA.  Ivan DeJesus - a 25-year-old utility guy who could not take Ciriaco's job.  James Loney - a 28-year-old 1B with a .646 OPS?  De la Rosa - a 22-year-old coming off Tommy John Surgery?  He and Sands are the most promising, but neither has really ever dominated any level.  For Agon???????? Why?????? So what if you're dropping money - there's nothing out there worth buying!   You think Boston is the right place for a head-case like Greinke or an addict like Hamilton?  Those are the only stars in the FA market.  We're not that far away from contending - this will set us back years!!!!
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

What are we losing.  2 guys that didnt help us at all this year in Crawford and Beckett...and we lose AGon who is not having a year for someone making his cash(hes not Tex or MCab).  Do you think CC and Beckett are gonna get better next year? 
    Napoli at 1B- Ross resigns. Papi resigns. Make a major run at Hamilton. Extend Jacoby.  Explore trades to improve the pitching staff. 
    I love this move the more I think about it. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : What are we losing.  2 guys that didnt help us at all this year in Crawford and Beckett...and we lose AGon who is not having a year for someone making his cash(hes not Tex or MCab).  Do you think CC and Beckett are gonna get better next year?  Napoli at 1B- Ross resigns. Papi resigns. Make a major run at Hamilton. Extend Jacoby.  Explore trades to improve the pitching staff.  I love this move the more I think about it. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]\

I pretty much said all of the above earlier but stay away from Hamilton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

What if Loney comes in and hits .300+, which he is capable of, and very good fielding? He can also hit around 15 homers. He is arb eligible next year, won't cost more than 5-6 mil. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : \ I pretty much said all of the above earlier but stay away from Hamilton
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You must be floating with this deal.  Just realized Hamilton is 32.  Thought he was younger.  I may have to agree on that now. 
    But...how about the buzz rumor of Lackey for Wells.  Wells always has torched Fenway. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Blow it up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]What if Loney comes in and hits .300+, which he is capable of, and very good fielding? He can also hit around 15 homers. He is arb eligible next year, won't cost more than 5-6 mil. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4[/QUOTE]

If one of thise prospects makes an impact this deal is even better then just the salary/personality dump.  This changes the course of a ship that never had a chance in the future with those deals. 
    I havent been this happy about Redsox issues in a long long time.  I want a likeable hard working team.  This move is awesome!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : What are we losing.  2 guys that didnt help us at all this year in Crawford and Beckett...and we lose AGon who is not having a year for someone making his cash(hes not Tex or MCab).  Do you think CC and Beckett are gonna get better next year?  Napoli at 1B- Ross resigns. Papi resigns. Make a major run at Hamilton. Extend Jacoby.  Explore trades to improve the pitching staff.  I love this move the more I think about it. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

If history is any indication on Beckett, yes, he'll be better next year.  If he's playing in LA, I guarantee he'll be better next year.  And Crawford was actually pretty good this year, in the few games he played. 

You think Jacoby is going to be better next year?  He hasn't exactly set 2012 on fire in limited innings.  I'd lay even money on who has the better 2013 between Crawford and Ellsbury.

Napoli is hitting .233.  That you think he can replace a gold-glove candidate perennial all-star who is hitting .350 since mid June is hilarious.  I'm glad you're excited - let me know when the euphoria wears off and I'll jingle my keys over your head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

FanGraphs columnist Dave Cameron offers his thoughts of the rumored trade:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/red-sox-hit-reboot-dodgers-pick-up-pieces/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : You must be floating with this deal.  Just realized Hamilton is 32.  Thought he was younger.  I may have to agree on that now.  But...how about the buzz rumor of Lackey for Wells.  Wells always has torched Fenway. 

floating?  dude, I'm whistling Dixie out of my butt!

Hadn't heard of Lackey for V Wells.  I wouldn't do it unless I knew for sure Lackey would be a clubhouse problem next year.  Or, if I thought that in Lackey's "Min. Wage" year he would shut it down for being underpaid.  I'll leave it to Mgt to make those judgements.  But that aside I think he could add value in the rotation behind (an yet to be acquired Ace - Lee?, Buck, Lester, and Doubie w/ Morales as your Swing Man and Matt Barnes your first man to be called up).........I did suggest Wells for Crawford many times though......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : If history is any indication on Beckett, yes, he'll be better next year.  If he's playing in LA, I guarantee he'll be better next year.  And Crawford was actually pretty good this year, in the few games he played.  You think Jacoby is going to be better next year?  He hasn't exactly set 2012 on fire in limited innings.  I'd lay even money on who has the better 2013 between Crawford and Ellsbury. Napoli is hitting .233.  That you think he can replace a gold-glove candidate perennial all-star who is hitting .350 since mid June is hilarious.  I'm glad you're excited - let me know when the euphoria wears off and I'll jingle my keys over your head.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I would agree that Beckett will pitch well in LA.  Huge park and easier orders.  CC never had an arm and is a singles hitter with speed(Not worth the money)...I actually like him though.  And AGon power numbers dipped...
    This team is not fun to watch.  I know what AGon is and I know that you don;t find players like that growing on trees but Youk was a GG 1B.  Not the most important position in the world. 

This deal clears a lot of space and leaves this team with a mountain of flexibility and cash.  And how about you check Napoli's Fenway numbers.  Id have no issue bringing Youk back if the Sox cut him loose. 

I'm very happy with this.  I actually think all three players can and will help LA.  I am just glad their stay here is almost over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

9:01pm: The Dodgers are expected to pick up more than $260MM of the $271.5MM in combined salary that the Red Sox are sending to them, a source tells Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald.

SIMPLY AMAZING

This could be the first year a GM in last place wins Executive of the Year

MVP of the 2012 Red Sox?  The LA DODGERS!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This appears to be a straightforward salary dump, and is a great move given the circumstances. I wonder why Lackey is not part of the package; actually, I think I know why; who wants him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]What if Loney comes in and hits .300+, which he is capable of, and very good fielding? He can also hit around 15 homers. He is arb eligible next year, won't cost more than 5-6 mil. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4[/QUOTE]
    James Loney, who had a $6.35 million salary this year, becomes a free agent in about six weeks (if traded to the Red Sox, who are unlikely to advance to the postseason).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

RedSox To Do List
    Change the Culture in the clubhouse- Check
    Find a way to get rid of high priced underperformers (Beckett & Crawford)- Check
    Restock the farm system- Check
    Give your team a chance to resign Ellsbury- Check

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]RedSox To Do List Change the Culture in the clubhouse- Check Find a way to get rid of high priced underperformers (Beckett & Crawford)- Check Restock the farm system- Check Give your team a chance to resign Ellsbury- Check
    Posted by Leftfielder61[/QUOTE]

you got the right idea exactly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]9:01pm: The Dodgers are expected to pick up more than $260MM of the $271.5MM in combined salary that the Red Sox are sending to them, a source tells Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald . SIMPLY AMAZING This could be the first year a GM in last place wins Executive of the Year MVP of the 2012 Red Sox?  The LA DODGERS!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Amazing is right...
    I really hope Papi and Ross are the next steps and sign extensions.  I could totally live with picking up a Torri Hunter for a year or two for LF. 

I'm actually looking fwd to the off season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]oh no, not Nick Punto
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Fre-aking ROTFLMAO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Payroll down to 45 million. They can sign anyone they want. Lots of nice prospects waiting in the minors. Can't believe some people fail to grasp the big picture here. Good future! Nick Cafardo ‏ @ nickcafardo Money has to be sorted out in the Red Sox-Dodgers deal. Sox will assume some but how much is one of the things being worked on
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Spot on.  Let's see what the final is, but this ain't half bad.  And I say that with no dislike for any of the players we sent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]FanGraphs columnist Dave Cameron offers his thoughts of the rumored trade: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/red-sox-hit-reboot-dodgers-pick-up-pieces/
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill - Thanks! Fabulous read. I love the part that said the Dodgers are paying $20 for a gallon of milk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Amazing is right... I really hope Papi and Ross are the next steps and sign extensions.  I could totally live with picking up a Torri Hunter for a year or two for LF.  I'm actually looking fwd to the off season. 

1  Ellsbury, L
    2  Pedey, R
    3  Ortiz, L (DH)
    4  Middlebrooks, R
    5  Ross, R (RF)
    6  Napoli, R (1B/C)
    7  Salty/Lava S/R (C)
    8  Kalish, L (LF)
    9  Iglessias, R

The kids can have the bench roles

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Valentine post game: "I havent been around a more professional, great clubhouse guy and player in a long time, if ever" Gonzo told Valentine 10 minutes before the game about the trade possibility and to scratch him from the line up. he asked him if the deal was done, he no but it might

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine post game: "I havent been around a more professional, great clubhouse guy and player in a long time, if ever" Gonzo told Valentine 10 minutes before the game about the trade possibility and to scratch him from the line up. he asked him if the deal was done, he no but it might
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

he may be a pro but he doesn't understand Boston baseball and doesn't want to be here - that is pretty clear.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

So I guess something big happened today?

Did we cut a little fat????

Yawn........

What???   Holy s hit!  What???  Is this a dream....  Yikes! 

I'm all in now!

Sections
Shortcuts