BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Theo lost his way. got caught up after the WC and tried to do things the yankees way. Sign the biggest  FA, every off season. He got away from draft and  development of the farm system. That's what BC has more experience in and what the Red Sox need to get back to, IMO.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I tell you what, this would be the anti-Theo - Ben would be correcting for some poor moves by Theo - Crawford and Beckett at the very top of the list and AGone can mash but (a) 1B's are relatively easy to replace and therefore (b) it's not a good way to allocate big $ and (c) big $ is a huge risk..........and then there's Punto - one of Ben's mistakes wrapped around his mistake w/ trading Lowrie for Opie and having to dump Scut to save money that Theo over spent....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]All I can say right now is... W O W !!! ... Ok, 1 more thing to say... Please, please. please find away to include CC!
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

CC would be part of this according to the rumor..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I wish Lackey was included

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This might be what you all like, but losing AGON for nothing is pretty disgusting.
    Also you are assuming players will want to come to Boston, and they won't. And Ortiz will leave, seeing that the Sox are willing to dump AGON. This is going to be a disaster...nice to see that the centerpiece of the deal is a guy with TJ surgery, and that James Loney, a joke, is also in the deal. Can't even get Ethier for all that? Pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

None of thoseminor leaguers have earth shattering st atistics. Two (Webster and Lee) are in Double AA. DeLa Rosa has about 60 innings pitched withnthe Dodgers now and Sands who has limited plate appearances is hitting.174. I know they are trying to get salary relief but none of these guys are great. They would be right up Cherrington's alley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]This might be what you all like, but losing AGON for nothing is pretty disgusting. Also you are assuming players will want to come to Boston, and they won't. And Ortiz will leave, seeing that the Sox are willing to dump AGON. This is going to be a disaster...nice to see that the centerpiece of the deal is a guy with TJ surgery, and that James Loney, a joke, is also in the deal. Can't even get Ethier for all that? Pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I agree.  i am all for blowing up, and for salary dumps.  but giving Adrian away is stupid.  You need a cornerstone to lure people to Boston once the $ is freed up.  And he is the closest thing there is.  Not to mention he is a great ballplayer.  I don't like it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]This might be what you all like, but losing AGON for nothing is pretty disgusting. Also you are assuming players will want to come to Boston, and they won't. And Ortiz will leave, seeing that the Sox are willing to dump AGON. This is going to be a disaster...nice to see that the centerpiece of the deal is a guy with TJ surgery, and that James Loney, a joke, is also in the deal. Can't even get Ethier for all that? Pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    I think they are getting something back but this a long term move. I would be very surprised if the Sox make the playoffs before 2015.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Looney is a Free Agent so who cares

This is a good deal

AGone is not cut out for Boston

Ton of $ freed up

Players would go to Siberia if that is where they got the most money in an offer so don't worry about that

We could deal for Lee now in the off season as well

We have lots of options....We can sign Free Agents at positions where we have kids and then deal our top kids for an Ace.........lots of ways to go now......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Its a money dump if you dont get it yet,not about the return.

So Yeah, 2015.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I agree.  i am all for blowing up, and for salary dumps.  but giving Adrian away is stupid.  You need a cornerstone to lure people to Boston once the $ is freed up.  And he is the closest thing there is.  Not to mention he is a great ballplayer.  I don't like it.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Seriously no offense but how old are you?  The only CORNERSTONE that players today understand are big greens ones with the words FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE printed across the top......................Seriously, I meant no offense but this suggestion that no one would want to play here or there is nuts - it's all about the Benjamins - w/ very few exceptions.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Supposedly Crawford is no longer part of the deal....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

[QUOTE]Its a money dump if you dont get it yet,not about the return. So Yeah, 2015.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

There is a guy named Josh Hamilton available after the season.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Seriously no offense but how old are you?  The only CORNERSTONE that players today understand are big greens ones with the words FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE printed across the top......................Seriously, I meant no offense but this suggestion that no one would want to play here or there is nuts - it's all about the Benjamins - w/ very few exceptions.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

The only other thing that some players care about is going to a winner...after the benjamins are looked after of course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Looney is a Free Agent so who cares This is a good deal AGone is not cut out for Boston Ton of $ freed up Players would go to Siberia if that is where they got the most money in an offer so don't worry about that We could deal for Lee now in the off season as well We have lots of options....We can sign Free Agents at positions where we have kids and then deal our top kids for an Ace.........lots of ways to go now......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Gotta think this one over, but if Delarosa is really a top of the rotation pitcher, it seems like it could be worth it. We MUST improve our pitching, and this would be a step up....it seems. No one is going to take Beckett and Crawford off our hands if they don't get someone good in return. First basemen are easier to get than good pitchers. Hate to see Gonzo go, but it is good to see that they are willing to blow this dysfunctional group of misfits up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Another option that is good is just to surrender Beckett for nothing and keep Adrian. Use that money to find a better pitcher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Its a money dump if you dont get it yet,not about the return. So Yeah, 2015.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Just think Gonzalez is not the guy you 'dump'.  Yeah, 2015.  OK, fine.  Wipe the slate clean.  Start from scratch.  I get it.  But I just value this roster and farm system a little more than blow it all up and build toward 2015.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

John Tomase@jtomase

Gonzalez still in lineup for pregame introductions, but James Loney was scratched by Dodgers, according to reports.

Now this from the : Junichi Tazawa optioned to make room for David Ortiz. Now head's spinning

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

5:52pm: There are two deals on the table, one mega deal involving Carl Crawford and another with just Beckett and Gonzalez, tweets Peter Abraham of The Boston Globe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

[QUOTE]5:52pm:  There are two deals on the table, one mega deal involving Carl Crawford and another with just Beckett and Gonzalez, tweets  Peter Abraham of The Boston Globe .
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I don't get what that means so it's either a trade for Crawford OR a trade of Beckett and A Gon, but not both?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Michael Silverman@MikeSilvermanBB

And yes, Adrian Gonzalez has been scratched

This is going beyond rumor. Loney and Gonzalez both scratched

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

Almost a done deal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Alex Speier@alexspeier

Punto and Gonzalez were both summoned into clubhouse from dugout

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I don't get what that means so it's either a trade for Crawford OR a trade of Beckett and A Gon, but not both?
    Posted by JohnnyLefty[/QUOTE]
    One is a trade for Beckett and Agon or another trade would be Agon ,Beckett,Crawford and Punto

Sections
Shortcuts