BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

I hope Cherries isn't going to screw this up, however it comes down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Ohhh so it's up to the Red Sox which they wanna do? I guess they decided to do the Crawford one cause Nick Punto got summoned as well!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Hes not a guy I wana keep around for his money. He is a soft excuse makeing baby he is exactly the type of guy we don't need on this team. He was won nothing in his career and his mentality is that of a loser. He doesn't want to be in boston and I think many fans feel the same way adios adrian!
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i hear that.  I know many feel that way.  I just think that view of Adrian is an overblown hysterical one fueled by press eager to squeeze the Boston nightmare dry of drama.  Adrian has been good in Boston, even with a down year this year.  And every notion of his attitude problem is so trumped up and just innuendo.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's going to come down to the money included.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Gomez stays in Boston, because the Sox will need a temprary 1st Baseman.
    That's why Tazawa was sent down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Gordon Edes@GordonEdes

I am told trade is not yet official, even as players are scratched. Probably medicals, etc. have to be reviewed

Gonzalez scratched. So something is going down soon

Gordon Edes@GordonEdes

To repeat: trade would send Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Nick Punto to LA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

This maybe one of the craziest trades I've ever seen in Baseball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There is no way this trade does not set the Sox further back than they were before the trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I have not seen who is RUMORED to come to the Red Sox. Any ideas?
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Honestly, do you really care?  Just dumping Beckett & Crawford make it worth the deal.

We take the money & start rebuilding. 

We still need to dump Lackey!  Now we can afford to do so!!!

LACKEY MUST GO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

All this is to undo the horrible contracts that Epstein perpetrated upon the franchise. He was absolutely one of the worst GMs in our history after 07. Ruined it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

It will put them 260 million ahead of what they were this morning, and get rid of people who don't want to be here.
    Great benchmark trade!

Gordon Edes@GordonEdes

That's Rubby de la Rosa--pronounced Ruby. Legitimate top rotation guy, had Tommy John last year, threw 97 last week

Christopher Treanor@ChristopTreanor

This is Sox version of Michael Corleone. All scores are settled.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]There is no way this trade does not set the Sox further back than they were before the trade.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Before the team can move forward they had to do something like this. It does set us back. But it had to be dismantled first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Before the team can move forward they had to do something like this. It does set us back. But it had to be dismantled first.
    This team will be ready to contend in 2015. How does not trading Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez push that year out any further? Beckett would be a FA by the time this team is going to be good again after this trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : This team will be ready to contend in 2015. How does not trading Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez push that year out any further? Beckett would be a FA by the time this team is going to be good again after this trade.

The contracts of Gonzalez and Crawford extend past 2015. That money could be used to fortify the pitching. That has to take priority over everything IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Alex Speier@alexspeier

Source confirms Edes report that Sox would get De La Rosa, De Jesus, Sands, Loney, prospect in a deal. Still in medical review phase.
    Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

would reportedly get: 1B James Loney, OF/1B Jerry Sands (AAA), RHP Rubby De La Rosa (AAA), INF Ivan DeJesus (AAA) and a prospect

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : The contracts of Gonzalez and Crawford extend past 2015. That money could be used to fortify the pitching. That has to take priority over everything IMO.
    I think it is going be very tough to be make up for two holes in the lineup especially losing the bat of Gonzalez. This is going to be hard to fix long term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I think it is going be very tough to be make up for two holes in the lineup especially losing the bat of Gonzalez. This is going to be hard to fix long term.

I think they will definitely have to retain the bats of Ortiz and Ross after this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I think it is going be very tough to be make up for two holes in the lineup especially losing the bat of Gonzalez. This is going to be hard to fix long term.

Good pitching is hard to come by. If Delarosa is as good as he is being described by Edes ("top of the rotation guy") then its worth it. Moon posted something a while ago about the difference between a hitter whose OPS is .812 (Gonzo this year) and one who is, say, .782. Is only .030. If we get a 1b with some speed and that OPS, isn't that a good deal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Imagine the people saying 'why isn't Gonzo in the lineup tonight?' and the look on their face when they get the answer 'um, traded'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Great that they dump all that salary, but there's really no one that attractive in the '13 free agent pool.  Nobody young anyways.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We couldnt have at least got someone of value out if this? The dodgers have Either, Hankey, Kemp and AGon, holy cr@p!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

[QUOTE]We couldnt have at least got someone of value out if this? The dodgers have Either, Hankey, Kemp and AGon, holy cr@p!
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

And Shane Victirino

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

You could go out and sign Shane Victorino  as either Crawford's replacement of Ellsbury's replacement.
    Rock solid player, who's battle tested.
    You could also sign Youlilis for next year, since Valentine and Beckett will be gone, to play 1st base.
    Plenty of options. believe me.