BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

Just getting rid of Beckett makes this a good deal. Sox will have money to sign Ellsbury and maybe pursue Hamilton. Don't want to see AGon go but they haven't won with him and it's the only way to get rid of Beckett and Crawford.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Well, are you surprised ?????   Dad & Bill-806 told you that this was coming !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

What a bore. What are you Gonzalez aunt?
    Best day since the Sox won the 2007 World Series!
    Ever hear of trades? Yes, they can trade for their needs, too.
    Duh!
    Also, Swisher is a 1b option as a free agent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I said Hamilton and Napoli earlier...along with a Jacoby extension.  I would also have no issue bringing Youk back at 1B.  So many good things that can be done bc of this deal.  Trades, FA signings.  I am a happy camper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Shupe, you see the reality of the big picture.
    The CA Sox guy is unreasonable.
    The least likeable team in Sox history jusat dumped a load of crap on LA.
    Good riddance!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : The OF has soo many better options Michael Bourn Marlon Byrd Melky Cabrera Matt Diaz Curtis Granderson * Josh Hamilton Torii Hunter Carlos Lee Angel Pagan Luke Scott Ryan Spilborghs Ichiro Suzuki B.J. Upton Shane Victorino Reggie Willits Delmon Young
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Improving the pitching takes top priority. Last I checked we are #11 in ERA in the AL. No rings that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe, you see the reality of the big picture. The CA Sox guy is unreasonable. The least likeable team in Sox history jusat dumped a load of crap on LA. Good riddance!
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

The options via trade, and the cash available to immediately improve this team is staggering right now.  How many teams can seriously take a run at Hamilton like the Sox now can.  I was never a big fan of AGon...getting rid of these 3 players could be the best thing this franchise has ever done.  Our farm just got loaded and our payroll just got the most freedom it has had in years.
    This is so good I have to come back every 5 minutes to ensure its gonna happen.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]I said Hamilton and Napoli earlier...along with a Jacoby extension.  I would also have no issue bringing Youk back at 1B.  So many good things that can be done bc of this deal.  Trades, FA signings.  I am a happy camper.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Hamilton, Could Not Handle Boston Pressure, He,d Be At The Bleacher Bar Getting Snokerd After Every Game.......................

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe, you see the reality of the big picture. The CA Sox guy is unreasonable. The least likeable team in Sox history jusat dumped a load of crap on LA. Good riddance!

And yes.  Easily the least likeable team in Redsox and maybe baseball history. 
    Ala Braveheart  "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Ha... the reality is that yeah there are some good free agents to be had but what makes you think they want to come to Boston... who would want to play for this franchise ... the owner is bad ...the gm is clueless and the manager...well Ill leave it at that....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! :  Hamilton, Could Not Handle Boston Pressure, He,d Be At The Bleacher Bar Getting Snokerd After Every Game.......................
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  But obviously neither could CC/AGon or Lackey.  And we just got rid of two of them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Ha... the reality is that yeah there are some good free agents to be had but what makes you think they want to come to Boston... who would want to play for this franchise ... the owner is bad ...the gm is clueless and the manager...well Ill leave it at that....
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

The reason they wouldnt wanna come here is bc of the culture this team has run into over the past 3 yrs. They just eliminated 3 pieces of that.  Lackey is next.  Dice-Jenks and others coming off the books as well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : And yes.  Easily the least likeable team in Redsox and maybe baseball history.  Ala Braveheart  "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

I dont agree with you guys on likability... I happen to like them a lot...other than Beckett Im good...I have no problem with anyone else...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : The reason they wouldnt wanna come here is bc of the culture this team has run into over the past 3 yrs. They just eliminated 3 pieces of that.  Lackey is next.  Dice-Jenks and others coming off the books as well. 

I had no problem with AGon and there is no proof that he was a cancer... the same is true of CC... Just because Agon supposedly had some issues with the manager makes him a cancer??  seems to me the cancer is BV...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

sox make this trade ill buy two tickets!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I had no problem with AGon and there is no proof that he was a cancer... the same is true of CC... Just because Agon supposedly had some issues with the manager makes him a cancer??  seems to me the cancer is BV...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

I didnt say he was...Im saying he didnt say the right things after last year, I dont believe he wanted to leave SD Padres.  He is a great talent but if he is the key to dumping the other two mega contracts as well as his I am all for it.  As a fan he wasnt someone I cheered for bc of his lack of passion for the game.
    I personally dont bye all the club house stuff.  But these 3 contracts leaving are huge for changing this franchise around.  HUGE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I think if nothing else this allows them an opportunity to come back from these horrific signings of recent years. Who would think anyone would touch Crawford or Beckett at those numbers? Yes, the loss of Agon hurts, no doubt, but they are paying HUGE money to a guy who appears not to want to be here. True, they are not getting value in return for Gonzales, but you have to look at the massive dump of salaries as being a real positive. Not having Ellsbury signed beyond another arbitration eligible year next year is a problem, but having 2013 salaries for gonzales (21), beckett (16), crawford (20) and also the 2012 salaries of jenks (6), ross (3), youkillis (12), matusaka (10) and ortiz (14) coming off the books they immediately get younger and have a ton of room to operate. Yes, they'll need to sign 2-3 outfielders, a first baseman, a dh (?), and probably 2 starters, but there is around 90-100 million to do that. They are still left with players like pedroia, middlebrooks, salty/lavarnway, ciraco, lester, bailey, bucholtz, doubront, ellsbury, padilla, morales, etc. to build around. The only real albatross left will be lackey and his 15 million per. Hopefully he returns to some semblance of his pre-red sox performance and could be dumped (his contract is now potentially far more attractive if he does because of the injury clause/club option that amounts to three years at 31 million, an average of a much more reasonable 10 million or so). Say the sox signed ortiz for 30 for two years, there would still be some 75-80 million available to pick up a front line starter (or two), a first baseman, and two solid outfielders (ross?) to play the corner spots. also plenty of room to potentially obtain a shortstop if the option does not come from aviles/ciriaco/iglesias. They also add prospects to the system and can potentially continue doing so. Obviously plenty of money to add relievers (miller?/breslow?) and various spare parts. We don not have to acquire 20 million $ yer players either. Getting younger, stockpiling prospects, concentrating on pitching, and being judicious when going long term with any big time free agents (meaning avoid most of them) is a good basic formula. Nothing wrong with acquiring three or four tier two starting pitchers and positonal players for 8-12 million. The Red Sox have lots of money to spend - they can just be smarter about doling it out. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Is anybody looking at the cr8p the Dodgers are passing off as top prospects?  Allen Webster - a 22 year old with a 1.5 WHIP at AA.  Ivan DeJesus - a 25-year-old utility guy who could not take Ciriaco's job.  James Loney - a 28-year-old 1B with a .646 OPS?  De la Rosa - a 22-year-old coming off Tommy John Surgery?  He and Sands are the most promising, but neither has really ever dominated any level.  For Agon???????? Why??????

So what if you're dropping money - there's nothing out there worth buying!   You think Boston is the right place for a head-case like Greinke or an addict like Hamilton?  Those are the only stars in the FA market.  We're not that far away from contending - this will set us back years!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : The reason they wouldnt wanna come here is bc of the culture this team has run into over the past 3 yrs. They just eliminated 3 pieces of that.  Lackey is next.  Dice-Jenks and others coming off the books as well. 

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/red-sox-dodgers-discussing-blockbuster.html Red Sox, Dodgers Discussing Blockbuster By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 24, 2012 at 4:34pm CST] The Red Sox and Dodgers are closing in on a trade that would send Adrian Gonzalez , Carl Crawford , Josh Beckett and Nick Punto to Los Angeles, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com reports (on Twitter ). Hurdles remain, but the sides continue working toward a deal.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIFT