BLOCKBUSTER held up till ...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BLOCKBUSTER held up till ...........

Ben see's if the "BIG O" will be taking America over the CLIFF........   There is really no need for a high payroll for baseball players/teams in a 3rd world country !!!   What say you ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER held up till ...........

No huge blockbuster coming.  But a trade for an OFer and for Gavin Floyd are waiting for Napoli situation to be resolved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Good ol' Blockbuster Bill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No huge blockbuster coming.  But a trade for an OFer and for Gavin Floyd are waiting for Napoli situation to be resolved.

[/QUOTE]  Just curious,  where did you hear that ???  And is Floyd any good ???

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben see's if the "BIG O" will be taking America over the CLIFF........   There is really no need for a high payroll for baseball players/teams in a 3rd world country !!!   What say you ?????

[/QUOTE]

I say you are cracked.

[/QUOTE]Why the HATE ????  Two days before your boy the "BIG O" takes us over the CLIFF to a 3rd world country !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Maybe this is all working up to a New Year's Eve trade for Fiscal Cliff Lee.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe this is all working up to a New Year's Eve trade for Fiscal Cliff Lee.

[/QUOTE]   GOOOOOOOD ONE...... Thank you for a great sense of HUMOR, this board needs that !!!!  Happy New Year !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill,

I did not hear this anywhere.  It is me surmising from different news I've read.  Is Floyd any good?  He is a solid #4.  His best year was in his first full year when he went 17-8 with a sub 4.00 ERA.  Since then he has been around 4.20 or so, and around a .500 pitcher.  He would pitch next season as a 30 year old with a history of elbow trouble in 2012.  White Sox are said to be looking to trade him after picking up his $7 million dollar option.  The Sox have been interested in the past.  I should think Salty (they just lost Pierzynski) or Aceves straight up might land him.  Or, in a bigger deal, Doubront and Salty and Aceves might bring Floyd and OF prospect Trayce Thompson along with a pitching prospect such as lefty Scott Snodgress in return.  Floyd would be an upgrade over Doubront if healthy, IMO.  And Thompson projects as a power-hitting RFer.

As for an outfielder.  Marlins are listening on Giancoarlo Stanton, according to MLBtraderumors.com today.  But that would constitute a blockbuster, IMO.  But with Iglesias, Morales/Aceves/Bailey, Holt, Salty/Lavarnway, and perhaps Ellsbury all a bit redundant I could perceive a package being put together to land a good OFer or 1Bman, depending on how the Napoli situation works out. 

In either case, I would expect Ben to want to settle Napoli before pulling the trigger on any trades so that he knows exactly which pieces are redundant and exactly what his needs are. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill,

I did not hear this anywhere.  It is me surmising from different news I've read.  Is Floyd any good?  He is a solid #4.  His best year was in his first full year when he went 17-8 with a sub 4.00 ERA.  Since then he has been around 4.20 or so, and around a .500 pitcher.  He would pitch next season as a 30 year old with a history of elbow trouble in 2012.  White Sox are said to be looking to trade him after picking up his $7 million dollar option.  The Sox have been interested in the past.  I should think Salty (they just lost Pierzynski) or Aceves straight up might land him.  Or, in a bigger deal, Doubront and Salty and Aceves might bring Floyd and OF prospect Trayce Thompson along with a pitching prospect such as lefty Scott Snodgress in return.  Floyd would be an upgrade over Doubront if healthy, IMO.  And Thompson projects as a power-hitting RFer.

As for an outfielder.  Marlins are listening on Giancoarlo Stanton, according to MLBtraderumors.com today.  But that would constitute a blockbuster, IMO.  But with Iglesias, Morales/Aceves/Bailey, Holt, Salty/Lavarnway, and perhaps Ellsbury all a bit redundant I could perceive a package being put together to land a good OFer or 1Bman, depending on how the Napoli situation works out. 

In either case, I would expect Ben to want to settle Napoli before pulling the trigger on any trades so that he knows exactly which pieces are redundant and exactly what his needs are. 

[/QUOTE]Thank You, Goooood post, very interesting !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

No problem.  Just me avoiding the political argument and opting to focus on the baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Never mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe Obama is waiting to hear about the Naps signing before he agrees to the GOP extortions and compromises.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Obama is waiting to hear about the Naps signing before he agrees to the GOP extortions and compromises.

[/QUOTE]

At the risk of mixing forums, the irony here is that the Republicans can't agree to a deal because they will be primaried by tea party folks if they make even the tinyest concession.  The tea partyers, meanwhile, have been carrying signs for four years protesting imaginary tax hikes (taxes that were in reality being cut) and now they are forcing tax hikes to occur!

It's hard to take a party seriously when it voluntarily hurts its only cause.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

This is not the only irony, slomag.  The Republican controlled House also approved the fiscal cliff so as to force everyone (read: Democrats) to compromise in the future, so as not to go over the fiscal cliff.  But 50 or so House Republicans are refusing to compromise, thus shoving everyone over the fiscal cliff they invented!

Damm, couldn't resist...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

This is not the only irony, slomag.  The Republican controlled House also approved the fiscal cliff so as to force everyone (read: Democrats) to compromise in the future, so as not to go over the fiscal cliff.  But 50 or so House Republicans are refusing to compromise, thus shoving everyone over the fiscal cliff they invented!

Damm, couldn't resist...

[/QUOTE]

And just what exactly has the President put on the table to cut?

Nothing is the answer.

Or Harry Reid and the Senate? Who has not passed a federal budget in over three years?

Harry Reid who refuses to put the house version up for a vote in the senate because he knew it would pass.

Boehner has compromised by agreeing to raise taxes the Democrats have conceded nothing.

Compromise to Obama means the other side has to do it Obama's way, Taxes increased on folks earning over 250k, no revenue cuts.

Nice of him to come in off the golf course to lecture the Republicans after giving Biden and federal workers a raise.

Leaving his family In Hawaii costing the public another 150k.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

250K to families living in metropolitan areas like NY city is a drop in the bucket.

A school teacher married to a cop make that much and they are paying mortgages close to million dollars and trying to feed their families.

This does nothing to solve the debt crisis just Obama giving the Republicans a stick in the eye.

We have no leadership at the top.

The President and the Democrat senate have made no concessions that i know of.

With Obama its raise taxes on those making 250k or nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Sorry about the political commentary but the rhetoric here is exactly what I get from state run media.

Obama is not supposed to blame, he is supposed to lead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Bump it up to at least 500k per year and put some cuts on the table.

We also get hammered on Jan. 1 with 1 trillion in new taxes for Obamacare.

All of us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WHERE IS SOFTY......... WE NEED SOFTY, SOFTY ON THAT WALL, 300 YARDS FROM WHERE WE SLEEP, SOFTY PROVIDING THE BLANKETT THAT WE ALL SLEEP UNDER.........  YES SOFTY, ORDER THE "CODE RED"  !!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why not?  Third world countries are paying even more for soccer players than we are for baseball players ...

I guess it depends on your definition of third world.

I still don't see what Oscar Robertson has to do with all of this.  :o)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WHERE IS SOFTY......... WE NEED SOFTY, SOFTY ON THAT WALL, 300 YARDS FROM WHERE WE SLEEP, SOFTY PROVIDING THE BLANKETT THAT WE ALL SLEEP UNDER.........  YES SOFTY, ORDER THE "CODE RED"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

You are such an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

At least he is funny.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.