Blockbuster Trade?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Blockbuster Trade?

In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade?:
    [QUOTE]i want a starting pitcher who is mentally ready to compete and win evertime he goes to the mound. I want a Schilling type pitcher to lead this staff.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Me too...but sadly there's no onethat I know of in todays game that fits his profile that's available...for what it's worth Hernandez hasn't exactly been Steve Carlton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade? : I'd go Clay and Youk for Felix, and throw in Anderson if they insisted. No more though. Anderson actually looked better at Pawtucket this year than last.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about the Red Sox not giving up too much to make this trade happen.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

This thread is the only mention I can find of a KXLY Spokane report on the prospect of trading Felix Hernandez (and KXLY is not a beacon of Mariner coverage).

Any player is available in trade for the right price, but the Red Sox don't match up well in a trade for Felix Hernandez because of the dearth of top-tier MLB-ready players.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]We haven't had a real ace since Pedro left, but that seems like a lot to give up. If I recall correctly we got Petey for Tony Armas Jr., Carl Pavano and Jeff Suppan.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You do not recall correctly.  The Sox lost Suppan in the exapnsion draft, not the Pedro trade....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Schilling was the ace in 2004, Beckett in 2007...That said, neither of them were Pedro in his prime...not many were

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'd do Iglesias, Kalish, Middlebrooks and Bard for Hernandez, but would Seattle?  The Sox have offered them better packages before for him, and he isn't in Boston.

At any rate, if Hernandez hits the market, he will be a Brave.  No one can touch their offer if they start throwing around names like Teheran, Delgado, Viszcaino, Minor and Freeman. Well, no one except the Royals, if they decide they'd like Herandez.

But why must we kid ourselves wth what the Yankees can and will offer?  If it is all about prospects, they can top our best offer right now - fact.  THey can do it without including Gardner - fact.  They won't let Brett Gardner stop them from getting King Felix - fact.  Montero, Banuelos, Betances, Sanchez beats anything the Sox have in their farm system.

Basically, the only way King Felix is on the Red Sox next year is if some of you name your Yahoo league fantasy team the Red Sox, and then draft him....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You got to be kidding me!!  That is way too much.  First to trade Lackey to San Diego for couple mid-level prospects.  Then trade two San Diego's prospects, trade two cubs's prospects (I am sure Boston isnt going to get top five prospects, just more likely outside of top 5 for Theo's compenstation)  along with Lar Anderson, Bowen, and Youkilis for Felix.  Then Boston can sign Armis Rameriz to fill Youkilis spot.

Meaning Boston get to keep top 15 prospects including Kalish, and Reddick!!  Bowen and Anderson are both over-rated.  So therefore, just get rid of them to make a room for another minor league players who are currently below AAA level to move up to AAA level!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

By the way toward to one of the poster here saying we havent got a #1 pitcher since Pedro.  How the world Boston won the 2007 world series title without Pedro as well they made to the ACLS in 2008!!  

I do not really care about who is number one pitcher, I just want to see a healthy strong five starting pitchings rotation like they had in 2007 or 2008 where they had Schilling, Lester, Beckett, Bucholtz, Wakefield and Dice K!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]By the way toward to one of the poster here saying we havent got a #1 pitcher since Pedro.  How the world Boston won the 2007 world series title without Pedro as well they made to the ACLS in 2008!!   I do not really care about who is number one pitcher, I just want to see a healthy strong five starting pitchings rotation like they had in 2007 or 2008 where they had Schilling, Lester, Beckett, Bucholtz, Wakefield and Dice K!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]That would be me. And I didn't say we didn't have a #1 pitcher since Pedro left. Every team always has a #1 pitcher. What I said was that we haven't had a true ace since Pedro left. An ace is the guy you can absolutely count on every 5th day. An ace is the guy you can count on to stop a losing streak. And we haven't had that guy since Pedro left for his mango tree. BTW, it seems you still haven't learned how to speak English.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Is King Felix that superior to Lester or Buch?  I don't think so, he may be better but not by that much, so why trade either one to get him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Is King Felix that superior to Lester or Buch?  I don't think so, he may be better but not by that much, so why trade either one to get him?
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]Did you used to be the mexican leprechaun?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The San Diego Padres might have the prospects:

http://www.nctimes.com/blogsnew/sports/padres/article_5a52f6bf-34f6-509f-8ae0-9f0b0112c1c4.html

... but probably not the financial means to afford the $58 million remaining on the final three years of the contract for Felix Hernandez.

From the linked blog:

"The Padres are so flush with talent that earlier this week, outgoing assistant general manager Jason McLeod offered this assessment.

'I can't ever remember the volume of tools or athleticism going back to Boston,' McLeod said."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgray. Show jjgray's posts

Ya want King Felix?  Wait for free agency.  Seattle would want too much talent now.  Middlebrooks is the 3rd baseman of the future...we need Bard for 60 games, not the 75 he was used in this year....wonder his arm didn't fall off...And you don't include Lester in the trade.  If anything, the sox have to trade off the WORST of their problem childen.  Although Lester was more of a juvenile deliquent this year, and his disrespect for Tito & Fans was highly disappointing, there's still time for him to became a MAN.   Beckett always my favorite has let me down, especially not saying anything. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade? : Did you used to be the mexican leprechaun?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

no carnie, always been soxnewmex

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade? : no carnie, always been soxnewmex
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]Sorry, guess I confused you with someone else who hasn't been around in a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Wir handeln nicht Felix.  我们不在交换费利克斯。 Nous n'échangeons pas Felix.  אנחנו לא מסחר פליקס. Non commerciamo Felix.  私たちはフィリックスを交換していません。  Nie jesteśmy trading Felix. Nós não negociamos Felix.  Мы не торгуем Феликс.  Nosotros no comerciamos Felix.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Still continue to be the most consistent funny man on the forum, don't ever stop.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Felix is a true pipe dream. Offer Ellsbury, Lowrie, Doubrant and Weiland. Your offer is pure nonsense. As good as Felix is, the Red Sox don't get better by trading Bucholz or Lester and most certainly Bard would be taken from our list, for Felix. Are you good at fantasy baseball and pretend you know what you are talking about?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt. You cannot win the WS without a terrific #2 anyomore than you cannot win a WS without an Ace. Lester is our #2, and a great #2. What we need is an Ace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Felix is a true pipe dream. Offer Ellsbury, Lowrie, Doubrant and Weiland. Your offer is pure nonsense. As good as Felix is, the Red Sox don't get better by trading Bucholz or Lester and most certainly Bard would be taken from our list, for Felix. Are you good at fantasy baseball and pretend you know what you are talking about?
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

So basically, an even swap of Ellsbury for Felix?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is not a bad move for reasons already discussed. If only we could be certain Crawford would put it all back together for 2012.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade? : So basically, an even swap of Ellsbury for Felix?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]I'd do that. Play Kalish in center and take our chances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

carnie If Crawford had played his averages in 2011 it would be a no-brainier based on the likelihood Elles leaves here anyhow in the next 2 years.  

If Crawford bombs again we would be totally screwed without Elles.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster Trade? : I'd do that. Play Kalish in center and take our chances.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I think most people would make that trade.  However one guy who probably wouldn't is Jack Zduriencik.

Sadly, his opinion matters a wee bit more than ours...