Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it?

I think the Sox position gives them more reason to make a trade.  Cement this team.  Make them unbeatable.  As of right now, there are two major question marks:  Clay Buchholz' health and Right Field.  If Clay's season is in jeopardy, the Sox NEED to go out and get a starter because nobody feels comfortable with Lackey, Miller or Wake starting game 3 of a playoff game (at least as of right now).  I don't think the Sox need Beltran for RF but I do think they could use a guy from the level below.  A Jeff Francoeur, Michael Cuddeyer type would do the job.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it?:
    [QUOTE]Peter Gammons reported over the weekend that the Dodgers, now 42-55, are looking to shed salary . No on 2nd rate Francouer and Cuddyer. Yes on long term extension for Kemp and getting Ellsbury career high flash in the career pan, closer to Boras and API .
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I would have thought by now you would have seen this, which should counter your fantasies some:

-----------------------------------------------------

This is what your link shows, base on your post (absolutely nothing, like the lyrics in the Edwin Starr song, WAR what Is It Good For?)

• The Dodgers want to shed salary, but don't have much to shed besides Jamey Carrolland Hiroki Kuroda. Gammons spoke with two East coast executives that said Kuroda, who has a full no-trade clause, won't accept a deal to an East Coast team.
    There is practically NO trade buzz about Kemp.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Few points. You are wrong about Wheeler. IMO you made a determination about Wheeler in May when he was hurt and his results stunk and you haven't let his sub 1.000 WHIP since coming off of the DL persuade you to change that opinion and think that his early appearances were actually the result of pitching hurt. Navarro is here as a utility guy that plays multiple positions, IF and OF. I am pretty sure when Lowrie comes off of the DL, Navarro returns to Pawtucket. If the RS can trade their mid-level prospects to get a RH OF bat I think they will. But it sure as heck won't be a blockbuster. If you really think the RS were a deadline trade or two away from making any kind of a post season run, please share with us who the players were they should have gotten to compensate for Pedey, Youk, Cameron, Ellsbury all being on the DL and Beckett playing hurt. I am not sure if you are one of those people who when blasting Theo always brings up the deadline trade for Gagne in 2007 but keep in mind they don't always work out even when they make sense at the time of the trade.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

he was still whining about not having VMart just yesterday 5katz...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Pence is a popular trade rumor for the wrong reasons. Gagne was not the right trade idea, at the time. Independent of that fact, PED issue was overt and in the file.   A blockbuster trade involving Ellsbury and parts, for an extended Kemp, would be worth it short and long term.  

This is what we all hear now when you speak/type
    http://youtu.be/KUIC8HFajZg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, dont insult my intelligence with your ignorance. The Dodgers can’t make long-term investments in young stars like Matt Kemp , --- MLBTR This isn't my 2010 prediction and endorsments on Beltre and my 2011 endorsement and prediction on AGon (who was off the radar when I posted he was 100% gone from the Padres and at least 50% to the Red Sox), it's my certainty that the Dodgers will agree to trade Kemp for a package that is the same or similar to the details of the one I have proposed. I'm lobbying for the obvious long term move the Red Sox need to take care of. I'm endorsing it. I'm not prediciting that Theo and his pitiful claim of trying to get an extension for Ellsbury is going to make a shrewd deal like this. He is that stupid, I've come to learn over the last two years. Crawford is stark irony on how stupid he now looks lying about attempts to extend Ellsbury with a serious market offer.

"dont insult my intelligence with your ignorance."  Billybob - no one could possibly insult your intelligence......you have none.  You're just a typical keyboard commando who prizes an oft-maligned opinion of Ellsbury.  You've come on here and bloviated so many variations of that theme, then had your intellectual backside handed to you (supported by data, stats, facts, etc.), yet continue to harbor the illusion that your opinion, and yours alone, is the only one that makes sense.  You've shown yourself to be so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence, you're no longer interesting, albiet from an unintentional comedy perspective, reading anymore.  Just the same tired stuff from either a flammingly twisted, narccistic troll or a softlaw want-a-be.  Either way, your just a sad case.  Might I suggest you crawl out from under the psuedo-intellectual disguise (and from your Mom's basement), get some sunlight into your life, and most importantly, try therapy.  You're an absolute case study for one suffering an inferiority complex.  For the love of all that's holy, get some help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Yeah, because that formula always worked so well for the Red Sox in years past. How many championships did the Sox win with Jimmie Foxx or Jim Ed Rice as the heart of their order, as great as those guys were? And I don't think Matt Kemp or Hunter Pence will ever be compared to Foxx or Rice.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Manny may be a disgusting person, but to give him the Soviet Union treatment like he never existed? Worked pretty well in 04,07...Ted Williams batted righty, too? I have to admit I dont know enought about baseball to opine on a Kemp for Jake. One statistic that may matter in October is that Lee pitched 9 scoreless (2 hits - McDonald and Sut) and Hammels 4 scoreless (lifted for pinch hitter) when the Sox faced Phillie earlier this year. So, I do think the Sox look to bring in a more proven right handed batting outfielder than McDonald.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]Jake and two B prospects for Matt Kemp. We will win the World Series this year, and for years to come, with a right-handed stud in the OF and middle of the order.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]
    I guess you dont feel the need for a leadoff hitter...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Carnie, the 1975 Red Sox lost the 1975 World Series by a whisker and Jim Rice was unable to play. Does that rate that year's team as a complete failure in your binary rating system? Didn't the Ted Williams teams lose out to the same team year after year which was a dynasty due to having a MLB / minor league team in Kansas City? You should visit Cooperstown someday and see all of the plaques of players who never had WS rings. Were the 1948 and 1949 teams also failures by losings both pennants by one game? What a sad existence to think in such binary terms.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Manny may be a disgusting person, but to give him the Soviet Union treatment like he never existed? Worked pretty well in 04,07...Ted Williams batted righty, too? I have to admit I dont know enought about baseball to opine on a Kemp for Jake. One statistic that may matter in October is that Lee pitched 9 scoreless (2 hits - McDonald and Sut) and Hammels 4 scoreless (lifted for pinch hitter) when the Sox faced Phillie earlier this year. So, I do think the Sox look to bring in a more proven right handed batting outfielder than McDonald.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]The only reasons I didn't mention Manny were because we won a couple of championships with Manny, and our lineup construction was somewhat different when we won with Manny than in the station to station years of the 20th century.What softy/billyboy/betterredthandead is a return to the slowfooted slugging teams of yore, at least the way I see it. And IMO speed is a needed ingredient of a balanced lineup. And just for the record, I loved Manny when he was here. And Teddy ballgame was a lefty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Manny, the ballplayer, was loved by 99% of all Red Sox fans. Rose, the ballplayer, was equally admired. The wars in this forum involved Manny as a person, not the ballplayer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Carnie, the 1975 Red Sox lost the 1975 World Series by a whisker and Jim Rice was unable to play. Does that rate that year's team as a complete failure in your binary rating system? Didn't the Ted Williams teams lose out to the same team year after year which was a dynasty due to having a MLB / minor league team in Kansas City? You should visit Cooperstown someday and see all of the plaques of players who never had WS rings. Were the 1948 and 1949 teams also failures by losings both pennants by one game? What a sad existence to think in such binary terms.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]I think it's pretty sad when you are unable to get the point of a post myself. My point was that you need a balanced lineup to have a truly fearsome offense, but I guess you must have been too busy trying to figure out who is a fan of what team to understand that. Well, you're back on iggy which is kind of sad because I really enjoyed your Bobbie Gentry post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Manny, the ballplayer, was loved by 99% of all Red Sox fans. Rose, the ballplayer, was equally admired. The wars in this forum involved Manny as a person, not the ballplayer.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]
    Yes, his sluggish OF play and poor baserunning percentage skills will inspire an entire generation of Dominican prospects to be fantastic hitters but poor in every other facet of the game. There is more to the game than HRs, Pike. There is also more than insulting every poster that disagrees with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Yes, his sluggish OF play and poor baserunning percentage skills will inspire an entire generation of Dominican prospects to be fantastic hitters but poor in every other facet of the game. There is more to the game than HRs, Pike. There is also more than insulting every poster that disagrees with you.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]Wow, this must be the first time we've agreed in close to a year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Yeah, because that formula always worked so well for the Red Sox in years past. How many championships did the Sox win with Jimmie Foxx or Jim Ed Rice as the heart of their order, as great as those guys were? And I don't think Matt Kemp or Hunter Pence will ever be compared to Foxx or Rice.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I see nothing in the above post that refers to the imbalance of the William's era teams or the 1975 team. I do however see you stressing WS championships. Were those Yankee teams more balanced or were they just super-loaded with big bats? Were the 1975 Reds more balanced? Perhaps the fans in 1948 and 1949 blamed it on the damn Yankees (Evil Empire) and didn't think of rationalizing their grief by scapegoating their FO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blockbuster trade........even though we are good....worth it? : Yes, his sluggish OF play and poor baserunning percentage skills will inspire an entire generation of Dominican prospects to be fantastic hitters but poor in every other facet of the game. There is more to the game than HRs, Pike. There is also more than insulting every poster that disagrees with you.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

I don't recall Manny's poor defense and base running being discussed at all in the 1678 posts in the  "No Manny, No Rings" thread. I was referring to what was discussed in that thread. The thread only had to be 100 posts long by seperating Manny, the ballplayer from Manny, the person. It was obvious that posters could not comprehend making that distinction.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Pence is a popular trade rumor for the wrong reasons. Gagne was not the right trade idea, at the time. Independent of that fact, PED issue was overt and in the file.   A blockbuster trade involving Ellsbury and parts, for an extended Kemp, would be worth it short and long term.  

same old record softy.