Blowhard GOMES:"i told Jackie not to swing thats y he drew that walk off KIMBREL!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Blowhard GOMES:

Felger and Mazz had me cracking up today talking about this.  It does not bother me when Gomes talks like this.  He hustles and jumps when calls.  The guy can be on my team anytime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If someone wants to debate Gome's actual production value to this club, thats one thing.  But the myopic fools who would harp on his bluster as if it were the overiding and most significant aspect of his make-up - they are the same fools who make a big deal of Ortiz' public contract gaffes ... oh yeah, havent heard much about that lately.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If someone wants to debate Gome's actual production value to this club, thats one thing.  But the myopic fools who would harp on his bluster as if it were the overiding and most significant aspect of his make-up - they are the same fools who make a big deal of Ortiz' public contract gaffes ... oh yeah, havent heard much about that lately.    [/QUOTE]

and Gomes was the man who responded to that punk TB player who called out the dugout...props

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If someone wants to debate Gome's actual production value to this club, thats one thing.  But the myopic fools who would harp on his bluster as if it were the overiding and most significant aspect of his make-up - they are the same fools who make a big deal of Ortiz' public contract gaffes ... oh yeah, havent heard much about that lately.    [/QUOTE]

and Gomes was the man who responded to that punk TB player who called out the dugout...props

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly, Gomes having the bluster to make a stupid comment now and then is part of the prism that makes him a hoss team guy and a motivator and all that.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Is that suppose to be funny, Zac? Really?? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

LOL....well, I have to admit, I've noticed the resemblance too. Except Gomes would totally kick his @@@ and rescue all those misguided kids by carrying them all out on his back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

not '' really '' funny not LOL funny

just funny as in a weird way

IMO they both have them crazy eyes

do U disagree

I don't think I offended anyone

other than those that yearn 2 B offended

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Escobar didn't want none..he ain't ready for THUG LIFE!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

GOMES is kind of a troll of sorts, but he's a hard working tough troll that doesn't take crap from NOBODY. A great teammate, but can be percieved as a punk by other teams. I'm glad he's on my team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

jonny thugs.  my gripe is with the horrible defense he displayed vs TB. 

definite props for getting into the fray last weekend in TB.  maybe that got the ball rolling?  he does have some weird karma thing going.  and we know farrell loves that stuff.

and it's not surprise he is outspoken with the "me, me, me" stuff.  he did that all last postseason too.  it is what it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

do U disagree

other than those that yearn 2 B offended

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so Zac.  I think it was inappropriate and I'm certainly not one who's looking to be offended.  

I have to wonder if you'd be as open-minded if someone came to the Yankee site and posted a similarity between Derek Jeter and Jeffrey Dahlmer. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I didn't know much of anything about Gomes, until we aquired him. He was homeless as a kid, in California. He was a passenger in a car with his bestfriend, who was killed in the accident, at 16. He has his name tatooed on his arm. He had a heart attack, at 22. We're all a sum total of what we've seen and been through. He came out on the other side, on the right side.  He also said recently if he hadn't been drafted, he was going into the military.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly, Gomes having the bluster to make a stupid comment now and then is part of the prism that makes him a hoss team guy and a motivator and all that.  

[/QUOTE]

exactly, and what I like about him is he delivers all of his statements with the same tone.  His blood pressure stays at 120 over 80 whether he is giving a compliment or insult.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: JG--when he was up 3-0 in the count against Masterson--I didn't think Masterson could throw three darts for strikes either---but he did. Oh well--today's another day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re: JG--when he was up 3-0 in the count against Masterson--I didn't think Masterson could throw three darts for strikes either---but he did. Oh well--today's another day.

[/QUOTE]

And herein lies the problem with JG.  he shouldn't be working for a walk this particular AB...he should be looking to drive the ball.  instead he watched 3 pitches in a row.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Gomes has gotten more out his abilities than 80% of all the MLB players ever.  a 244 ave with 14 hrs per year over 12 years and his best was a 267 ave. with average defense. How may guys can say that. Hell there are some better players that came and went and did not have a 12 year career.

He works his tail off and has every one's back and that is why he is well liked by team mates

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In response to J-BAY's comment:

do U disagree

other than those that yearn 2 B offended[/QUOTE]

I don't think so Zac.  I think it was inappropriate and I'm certainly not one who's looking to be offended.  

I have to wonder if you'd be as open-minded if someone came to the Yankee site and posted a similarity between Derek Jeter and Jeffrey Dahlmer.

[/QUOTE]

really S5 U 2 R offended because I said a sox players eyes

looks like someone else's eyes?

And U R ''certainly not one who's looking to be offended''

I don't get it

ironically your post was right after slash CALLED HIM a THUG

thug

noun
    a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

( sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

zac some find it easier to attack rather than look at their comments as offensive.

Gomes is not a thug when he is on your team. He has every player's back and work his butt off.

A 12 year career for a 4th OF is impressive.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings jim

I got NP with the guy

I just think he has crazy eyes

I hope no one is offended but your other post

reminded me of kevin milair as some else you have to tip your cap 2

4 getting the most out of their talent

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

really S5 U 2 R offended because I said a sox players eyes

looks like someone else's eyes?

And U R ''certainly not one who's looking to be offended''

I don't get it

ironically your post was right after slash CALLED HIM a THUG

thug

noun
    a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

( sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

[/QUOTE]

You're right about one thing.  You don't "get it".  

Everyone,  myself included, has a breaking point.  I'm not usually one to get offended.  Heck, I didn't even get offended at your "head of Ted" avatar - well, not much anyway.  But here's what you don't get: Making a comparison of any player, and especially a Sox player on a Sox board, with a mass murderer is inappropriate. Pretty basic stuff.  

If you've been reading the board you know that our referring to Gomes as a "Thug" is an endearing term for most of us and is gently poking fun at AndrewMich who first called him that.  But you know that.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

If you want striking similarities, how about not knowing a fair from a foul ball...

If it weren't for the unis, I couldn't tell them apart.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you want striking similarities, how about not knowing a fair from a foul ball...

If it weren't for the unis, I couldn't tell them apart.

[/QUOTE]

The eyes go first

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Do they make bifocal contacts? 

Sections
Shortcuts