BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club.
    Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

I'm kinda hoping the yanks continue to lose and the Rays take the division with the angels getting the WC. Now that would be interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    [QUOTE]Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club. Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Are you having fun here? You sound like you are relishing this loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    [QUOTE]I'm kinda hoping the yanks continue to lose and the Rays take the division with the angels getting the WC. Now that would be interesting.
    Posted by harness-hate-me[/QUOTE]

The Angels and Rays are #1 and 2 in pitching in the AL. If they get in (and that would be wonderful, since the Yankees will also not be in) then either team could give Philly a run for their money. Much more so than us. We are #8 in pitching, much too poor a pitching team to make a run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Are you having fun here? You sound like you are relishing this loss.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Thats wrong. I WISH the Red Sox had a team to compete for a ring this year. But wishing it were so does not make it reality. I have been a fan of the team since you were a zygote, most likely-since the mid 50s. You are watching these games. Do you think we have a realistic chance for a ring this year? Assuming the answer is no, then WHY IS THAT. I will take the liberty of answering that question: its BECAUSE OUR GD GM CANNOT JUDGE FA TALENT! Look who he has saddled us with this year. The ONLY way for us to get competitive again is to get rid of the incompetent jerk and start over. Its called DELAYED GRATIFICATION. Sacrifice today for the hope of a better tomorrow. If we make the playoffs, EPSTINK will not be fired; if we complete the CHOKE JOB, its much more likely. HE MUST GO; HE MUST GO NOW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

`realistically, this club is not in the class of the Yanks and Rays, 
    because of Theo Epstein.  They said that Crawford was worn
    down by playing on turf so many years , but Theo disregarded
    it ! Lackey had a rag arm before he signed, and was damaged
    goods. Wake was kept on for sentimental reasons...never a
    good strategy for a contending club. Tek has outlived his
    usefulness, and Scutaro and Lowrie are mediocre at this 
    point of their careers. Reddick and Salty have been pleasant
    surprises but Albers, Bowden, Jenks, Miller, Weiland, Wakefield,
    and the rest have been less than mediocre. Our farm system
    with the exception of Reddick, has not produced any good 
    arms for the pitching staff lately and the club continues to
    sink with veterans like Atchison, Wake, Tek, Scutaro, McDonald,
    etc.  Aviles is not any kind of answer...so the prospects for
    2012 look just as bad !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If the Angels beat the Yankees today (they're up 5-4 as I write), the Halos will be half game behind the Rays in in the Wild Card race (and 4.5 games behind the Red Sox).

The Angels have six games remaining with Oakland (three at home and three on the road), three games at Baltmore and four at Toronto before finishing with three games at home against Texas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREE8. Show FREE8's posts

Can somebody just delete this thread?
    Pumpsie Green was talking the same blabber back in September of 2007 and then again in the 2007 ALCS.....the season ended today? get a calendar ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]If the Angels beat the Yankees today (they're up 5-4 as I write), the Halos will be half game behind the Rays in in the Wild Card race (and 4.5 games behind the Red Sox). The Angels have six games remaining with Oakland (three at home and three on the road), three games at Baltmore and four at Toronto before finishing with three games at home against Texas.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Like I said a month ago and was laughed at - the Angels can certainly steal the WC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Angels pretty much have to win their division  as Yanks Sox and Rays  are going to take it out on each other... and Toronto is playing for their season and to finish above .500 don't count them out of doing some damge in final 2 weeks ..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Pumpsie goes onto ignore. FYI I've been a Red Sox fan since 1954 and would never act like you are acting. Been through all of the agony of defeat moments and took it like a man instead of a pouting child which is what you come across as.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]Pumpsie goes onto ignore. FYI I've been a Red Sox fan since 1954 and would never act like you are acting. Been through all of the agony of defeat moments and took it like a man instead of a pouting child which is what you come across as.

You really take freedom of speech on this forum like a man too.  You never complain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I also delete channels off of my set top TV box that I never would care to view. I have a list of songs on Rhapsody that are my favorites and don't listen to songs that I find annoying. Nobody is violating anyone's freedom of speech by ignoring TV channels, songs, or BDC posters. You need to read the First Amendment more closely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]I also delete channels off of my set top TV box that I never would care to view. I have a list of songs on Rhapsody that are my favorites and don't listen to songs that I find annoying. Nobody is violating anyone's freedom of speech by ignoring TV channels, songs, or BDC posters. You need to read the First Amendment more closely.

I never said anyone was violating anyone's freedom of speech.  I just questioned why you feel the need to criticize many many posters for what they post here, as for the ignore button here on BDC, you should use it a lot more because there are so many posters here that post things that you find unacceptable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Given the schedules I'd say the Angels are more likely to pick up 4 games on the Sox than the Rays are, but in order for the Angels to do so and win the wild card, the Rangers would also need to pick up 2.5 games.  Right now we're experiencing a combination of slump and injury.  Even a slumping Sox team should be able to finish strong with 7 of their last 10 against the Orioles - if Beckett and Bedard are back, there's a good chance we increase the lead, generating a little hot streak before the playoffs start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I'd characterize myself more as a proponent of proper fan ettiquette than a Joe McCarthy. Shame on me for expecting fans to react with disappointment instead of having a party over it. Shame on me for wondering why some fans feel as if they have the copyright on despair and feel compelled to preach to the choir. Bulletin: Just in, the choir knows that the team is playing poorly. Not being critical - just puzzled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]I'd characterize myself more as a proponent of proper fan ettiquette than a Joe McCarthy. Shame on me for expecting fans to react with disappointment instead of having a party over it. Shame on me for wondering why some fans feel as if they have the copyright on despair and feel compelled to preach to the choir. Bulletin: Just in, the choir knows that the team is playing poorly. Not being critical - just puzzled.

I knew you would put a happy face on your Red Sox McCarthyism here on this forum.  I just don't understand how you cannot comprehend that different people will react to this turn of events differently than you react. You should be old enough and hopefully able to understand that your opinion is just one many.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Not McCarthy. Maybe the "Father of Fan Ettiquette" is more appropriate. No need for you to overstate. McCarthy saw a Communist behind every tree and under every stone. I merely saw a bevy of supposed fans on a gamethread celibrating a loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]Not McCarthy. Maybe the "Father of Fan Ettiquette" is more appropriate. No need for you to overstate. McCarthy saw a Communist behind every tree and under every stone. I merely saw a bevy of supposed fans on a gamethread celibrating a loss.

You need some "Fan Ettiquette" so I'd hold off before giving yourself a title.  There are many fans here with better ettiquette than you have exhibited to this point but maybe you can work on it and improve.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

When I said "fan ettiquette" I was referring to how you would expect a loyal Red Sox fan to act in Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, other parks, on the street, calling WEEI, penning responses to columns, and posting in the BDC Forum. You might be confusing loyal "fan ettiquette" with generic forum ettiquette and they are two different things.

Babe is a loyal Yankee fan and should be commended for his "fan signature" but his forum ettiquette leaves much to be desired. At least he is consistent in remaining a steady, loyal fan. It is a shame that more Red Sox fans on the forum aren't as loyal to their team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]When I said "fan ettiquette" I was referring to how you would expect a loyal Red Sox fan to act in Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, other parks, on the street, calling WEEI, penning responses to columns, and posting in the BDC Forum. You might be confusing loyal "fan ettiquette" with generic forum ettiquette and they are two different things.   Babe is a loyal Yankee fan and should be commended for his "fan signature" but his forum ettiquette leaves much to be desired. At least he is consistent in remaining a steady, loyal fan. It is a shame that more Red Sox fans on the forum aren't as loyal to their team.
    I disagree with your notion of fan ettiquette because I hear people critical all the time on the radio or when having conversations with other fans....its natural for fans to do this and they always have, you should learn to ignore it or just accept it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I disagree with your notion of fan ettiquette because I hear people critical all the time on the radio or when having conversations with other fans....its natural for fans to do this and they always have, you should learn to ignore it or just accept it.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

This will be my last post on this topic. The game thread just seems to be an oasis or magnet for all of the forum's adolescents ( in behavior), and venters. I guess that you are right and I should avoid it since the stench there is overpowering when the Sox are doing poorly. I will let the birds of the same feather flock together and drop their excrement into one neat pile. That is good for the forum that all of the excrement is concentrated into one thread. Maybe the other threads will have some happy birds that enjoy the beautiful days that God has given them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Pumpsie goes onto ignore. FYI I've been a Red Sox fan since 1954 and would never act like you are acting. Been through all of the agony of defeat moments and took it like a man instead of a pouting child which is what you come across as.

Oh, I think you should put me on ignore. In fact, I think you should ignore ANY dissenting opinion. I also recommend that you buy some lollipops and pompoms for immediate use. This is a serious thread started by a long time Sox fan. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN ANYTHING AS LONG AS OUR GM IS OUR GM. Therefore, its in the best interests for us to rid ourselves of him ASAP so we can start rebuilding ASAP. There is some logic to this, whether you agree with it or not.
    And I could not care less if you ignore me. If that is your level of ability to discuss the issues, in fact, I recommend it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : This will be my last post on this topic. The game thread just seems to be an oasis or magnet for all of the forum's adolescents ( in behavior), and venters. I guess that you are right and I should avoid it since the stench there is overpowering when the Sox are doing poorly. I will let the birds of the same feather flock together and drop their excrement into one neat pile. That is good for the forum that all of the excrement is concentrated into one thread. Maybe the other threads will have some happy birds that enjoy the beautiful days that God has given them.
    You should start a thread for people that want to keep things positive

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Oh, I think you should put me on ignore. In fact, I think you should ignore ANY dissenting opinion. I also recommend that you buy some lollipops and pompoms for immediate use. This is a serious thread started by a long time Sox fan. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN ANYTHING AS LONG AS OUR GM IS OUR GM. Therefore, its in the best interests for us to rid ourselves of him ASAP so we can start rebuilding ASAP. There is some logic to this, whether you agree with it or not. And I could not care less if you ignore me. If that is your level of ability to discuss the issues, in fact, I recommend it.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Right-on Pumpsie, if some of these Pollanna's can't take some objective statements with regards to the RS lousy, uninspired play ,then screw-em. PS, the GM free-agent work has been absolutely horrible, and he should be held accountable for a good part of the blame for this ill-conceived mix, esp. the disasteous pen.