BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :    Right-on Pumpsie, if some of these Pollanna's can't take some objective statements with regards to the RS lousy, uninspired play ,then screw-em. PS, the GM free-agent work has been absolutely horrible, and he should be held accountable for a good part of the blame for this ill-conceived mix, esp. the disasteous pen.
    Posted by njalb

Thank you. Something has to be done to fix this team, and it seems to me that the buck stops at the level of the GM. It is HE who selects the FAs to obtain, in the end, and it is he who approves trades. Look who he has saddled us with for YEARS: Lackey, the WORST SP IN BASEBALL this year; Crawford (could turn it around; lets give him one more year, but he stunk this year); Jenks; Morales; Cameron. And in years past: Lugo, Renteria, Smoltz, Penny...the list goes on and on. He has not only destroyed our chances this year, but he has hamstrung this franchise for years to come. If you accept the idea that he must go for us to again become winners, the next question to consider is what the circumstances must be for him to be fired. If we make the playoffs, he is going nowhere. But if we complete the choke job, the owners more than likely would at least consider asking themselves who is accountable for this debacle.
    So again, why are people offended by a logical strategic suggestion, that its better that the Red Sox blow the WC this year in order to get better in a few years?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : The Angels and Rays are #1 and 2 in pitching in the AL. If they get in (and that would be wonderful, since the Yankees will also not be in) then either team could give Philly a run for their money. Much more so than us. We are #8 in pitching, much too poor a pitching team to make a run.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

The Angels and Rays are #1 and 2 in pitching in the AL. If they get in (and that would be wonderful, since the Yankees will also not be in)

more likely no rangers

angels rays & yanks  get in

but my money is on

sox, yanks & Laa

ok not all of it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I still think the Red Sox have the best chance to be the wild-card.  The question is simply: Can the Rays and the Angels maintain their current pace fr the next 2 weeks?  Unfortunatelly, probably not, and the Red Sox get in by a very thin margin, onkly to be swept in 3 during the ALDS.
    Posted by TampaQban2

I agree. We are ahead by three games. Thats a lot at this stage. The question on the table is, is winning the WC or losing it in our best interests as a franchise. I believe that LOSING it then observing the firing of Epstein and Francona will bring us a ring most quickly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

whats up Pumpsie.. I see that you are optimistic as always..
    I could not watch the game thinking the outcome would change..I see better than 88 % odds of making the playoffs according to
    coolstandings.com

If you remember 2006 cardinals barely made the playoffs fending off Houston by 1 game losing 9 of the last 12 games but went on to win the world series that year

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I agree. We are ahead by three games. Thats a lot at this stage. The question on the table is, is winning the WC or losing it in our best interests as a franchise. I believe that LOSING it then observing the firing of Epstein and Francona will bring us a ring most quickly.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Can somebody just delete this thread? Pumpsie Green was talking the same blabber back in September of 2007 and then again in the 2007 ALCS.....the season ended today? get a calendar ....
    Posted by FREE8

Then this should tell you all you have to know about Pumpsie Green.
    Quitters quit. And when Boston takes the field for the first round of the playoffs, he will be nowhere to be found.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Then this should tell you all you have to know about Pumpsie Green.
    Quitters quit. And when Boston takes the field for the first round of the playoffs, he will be nowhere to be found.

Unlike you, I can think outside the box. Could you show me where I said that we are no longer favored to win the WC? Nope. Thought not. Morons like you never are able to back up their ludicrous claims.
    No, they will probably be there, and they will almost certainly be bounced in the first round due to lack of pitching. Or did that fact escape you as well...idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol.... ah a good laugh to start the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I was on that game thread and YOU were the only one celebrating the Sox loss.  Trolls come in all manner on this board and you sir fit the mold - Father of Fan Ettiquette.

Not McCarthy. Maybe the "Father of Fan Ettiquette" is more appropriate. No need for you to overstate. McCarthy saw a Communist behind every tree and under every stone. I merely saw a bevy of supposed fans on a gamethread celibrating a loss.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I was on that game thread and YOU were the only one celebrating the Sox loss.  Trolls come in all manner on this board and you sir fit the mold - Father of Fan Ettiquette. In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by traven

You are confused. I ALWAYS want what is best for the Red Sox franchise. Usually its winning games, but rarely, its losing them now for greater reward down the road. Its called "delayed gratification"-look it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club. Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Here's UR quitter statement, moron.
    Yellow-streaked and brain-dead.
    Lies about his own OP.
    Quitters are spineless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Here's UR quitter statement, moron. Yellow-streaked and brain-dead. Lies about his own OP. Quitters are spineless .
    Posted by harness

Gee, I still can't see where I said we would not make the playoffs. Were you stupid enough to think that there are no more games left after today? Or maybe I meant that we are toast this year.You are a sap; you cannot understand English.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : You are confused. I ALWAYS want what is best for the Red Sox franchise. Usually its winning games, but rarely, its losing them now for greater reward down the road. Its called "delayed gratification"-look it up.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Delayed gratification my azz.  UR re-appearance on this board is delayed garbage. If the team had won today, you'd have waiting for another opportunity to vent your BS.

You picked today to quit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Baseball season ends today" is an admission of quitting. PERIOD.
    Mathematics have little to do with jelly-spines who throw in the towel.
    Many here quit in 2009 in August, when the team was ahead in the WC race.
    Tell me how brave you were in '07.
    Tell me why you chose today to re-appear after a long absence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Tell me why you chose today to re-appear after a long absence

Sure. It had nothing to do with losing today. I wanted to follow an old friend of mine over here who was misinforming some of you as he did on another forum I post on. His name is JoeBreidy here.
    As for "quitting" on the team, I will post again something that seems very difficult for idiots like you to comprehend: I ALWAYS want what is best for the team. Sometimes its winning a game today; sometimes its winning it all tomorrow.
    I would not expect you to understand any of this. You are a linear thinker. Its fine. You can go ahead and pat yourself on the back again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You have no idea how I think. We've never communicated before today. 
    You are also a liar. Joe Breidy has been here for some time. Over 9000 posts I believe. You chose today to vent. Own up to it.

As for UR BS on "what's best for the team", the lose today/win tomorrow crapolla has been tried here before - by posters as spineless as you.
    Like you, they can't cut the ride. So they hope the team loses to generate change.
    Change will occur either way, and losing is no guarantee of it.

Now, tell me oh braveheart, what was that you said about 2007?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You have no idea how I think. We've never communicated before today.
    You are also a liar. Joe Breidy has been here for some time. Over 9000 posts I believe. You chose today to vent. Own up to it.

Not that I owe you an explanation, but I followed him over here because he stopped posting on another thread he used to post on that I also post on. I didn't want him to confuse people here.
    No, there is no guarantee of change if we lose the WC, but the chances are certainly much higher. No change=no ring. Thats just reality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Let  me throw out a reverse theory on you.. I think the team is losing intentionally as they wanted to make this thing interesting.. This way the team remains sharp till the start of the playoffs as they would be trying to fend off the Rays.. if you clinch early than you don't play all out for win till the end..

I predict 93 wins for Sox and 91 for Rays..

what do you think Pumpsie ?

n Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    Tell me why you chose today to re-appear after a long absence Sure. It had nothing to do with losing today. I wanted to follow an old friend of mine over here who was misinforming some of you as he did on another forum I post on. His name is JoeBreidy here. As for "quitting" on the team, I will post again something that seems very difficult for idiots like you to comprehend: I ALWAYS want what is best for the team. Sometimes its winning a game today; sometimes its winning it all tomorrow. I would not expect you to understand any of this. You are a linear thinker. Its fine. You can go ahead and pat yourself on the back again.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Let  me throw out a reverse theory on you.. I think the team is losing intentionally as they wanted to make this thing interesting.. This way the team remains sharp till the start of the playoffs as they would be trying to fend off the Rays.. if you clinch early than you don't play all out for win till the end.. I predict 93 wins for Sox and 91 for Rays.. what do you think Pumpsie ? n Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by TheoGM1

I predicted 94 wins at the beginning of the season (on the other board). I am sticking with that number. Its possible that these recent losses will light a fire under our team's tochases and get them going, but in the end, I don't think they have the pitching to make it out of round 1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You have no idea how I think. We've never communicated before today. You are also a liar. Joe Breidy has been here for some time. Over 9000 posts I believe. You chose today to vent. Own up to it. Not that I owe you an explanation, but I followed him over here because he stopped posting on another thread he used to post on that I also post on. I didn't want him to confuse people here. No, there is no guarantee of change if we lose the WC, but the chances are certainly much higher. No change=no ring. Thats just reality.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

How would a credible poster like Joe Breidy "confuse people here"?
    About what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NormRP. Show NormRP's posts

Do the 1969 Cubs or the 1964 Phillies ring a bell???  Well the 2011 Red Sox team belongs in the same category.  For the first time since I was unable to remember, I find myself totally embarrassed by the ineptness of this team.  Injuries at this point are only an excuse.  Other teams gut it up and win in spite of them.  Could this be the worst conditioned, most out of shape team ever?  Probably not, but they are very close.  They certainly top the league in overpaid, underperforming players.  Are they staring at their salary checks too much to notice they are blowing the playoffs?  Do they even care?  I cannot recalll when a team of 5-6 supposedly top starters has ever fallen  so far from grace.  Only Beckett seems to show any pride or be in any condition to even be considered a champion.  Gonzalez was a champion for 3 months.  Unfortunately he seems to have forgotten the season is 6 months.  His RBI total in the last 2 months is in the teens.  Bard was great for 4 months but in the last month has been mediocre.  A future closer?  You must be kidding.  Youkilis and Pedroia seem to be a mere shadow of themselves.  Lackey looks ready to retire.  I understand problems at home and am empathetic.  Perhaps he should have just taken the season off.  The same for Wakefield.  Ortiz has done well on a dying team and deserves commendation.  So does Papelbon in what is likely his last year with the Sox.  Ellsbury has done very well.  That is about it on this team.  Lester has regressed substantially and looks much more like a second or third starter but certainly no leader.  At this point, it seems better to just focus on the future and start the yougsters as much as possible to evaluate them for next year. Even if the Sox make the playoffs, it will be one series and out.  This team though talented on paper just does not have the heart to perform.  Looks like wait until next year once again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Can somebody just delete this thread? Pumpsie Green was talking the same blabber back in September of 2007 and then again in the 2007 ALCS.....the season ended today? get a calendar ....
    Posted by FREE8

I'm glad other people remember him calling the 2007 Red Sox the Greatest Chokers in History.  Nothing has changed here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I predicted 94 wins at the beginning of the season (on the other board). I am sticking with that number. Its possible that these recent losses will light a fire under our team's tochases and get them going, but in the end, I don't think they have the pitching to make it out of round 1.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

You also said we'd be lucky to win 84 games, and pegged our chances of making the playoffs at less than 10%.  Let's not mislead people.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : How would a credible poster like Joe Breidy "confuse people here"? About what?
    Posted by harness

Pumpsie saw me on the Harden/Bedard thread.  He agreed with me that Bedard was the better choice over Harden.  And that apparently confused him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Who were these posters who complain about FA signings at the moment of the signings. I'll bet that they were elated at most of the signings at the time unless they are trolling. Why don't they go on record at the moment of the signings instead of playing the hindsight game. Even a caveman can play the hindsight game.  Put the jerks onto Ignore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Pumpsie saw me on the Harden/Bedard thread.  He agreed with me that Bedard was the better choice over Harden.  And that apparently confused him.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Like I said, I don't disagree with you just to disagree with you. I think you are right about Bedard and Harden: Bedard is better than Harden, but both are better than one.
    As for my predictions of the number of wins, do I need to go get BOTH of our predictions from the other board? I said 94. You were higher. You were wrong about that, and you are wrong about choosing the Red Sox are favorites to win the ALC. I need to correct some of the misconceptions you are spreading around here from time to time.

Sections
Shortcuts