BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    Do the 1969 Cubs or the 1964 Phillies ring a bell???  Well the 2011 Red Sox team belongs in the same category.  For the first time since I was unable to remember, I find myself totally embarrassed by the ineptness of this team.  Injuries at this point are only an excuse.  Other teams gut it up and win in spite of them.  Could this be the worst conditioned, most out of shape team ever?  Probably not, but they are very close.  They certainly top the league in overpaid, underperforming players.  Are they staring at their salary checks too much to notice they are blowing the playoffs?  Do they even care?  I cannot recalll when a team of 5-6 supposedly top starters has ever fallen  so far from grace.  Only Beckett seems to show any pride or be in any condition to even be considered a champion.  Gonzalez was a champion for 3 months.  Unfortunately he seems to have forgotten the season is 6 months.  His RBI total in the last 2 months is in the teens.  Bard was great for 4 months but in the last month has been mediocre.  A future closer?  You must be kidding.  Youkilis and Pedroia seem to be a mere shadow of themselves.  Lackey looks ready to retire.  I understand problems at home and am empathetic.  Perhaps he should have just taken the season off.  The same for Wakefield.  Ortiz has done well on a dying team and deserves commendation.  So does Papelbon in what is likely his last year with the Sox.  Ellsbury has done very well.  That is about it on this team.  Lester has regressed substantially and looks much more like a second or third starter but certainly no leader.  At this point, it seems better to just focus on the future and start the yougsters as much as possible to evaluate them for next year. Even if the Sox make the playoffs, it will be one series and out.  This team though talented on paper just does not have the heart to perform.  Looks like wait until next year once again.
    Posted by NormRP

And your post Norm speaks volumes as to why Pumpsie and I, not to mention many other Red Sox fans, are convinced  that our team will never again win a title of any kind---division, league or WS---until Epstein is replaced as GM and Francona in the dugout.  Epstein's signings, especially in the pitching department, has been one unmitigated disaster for the past four seasons, and Francona is a one trick pony in the dugout.  He plays a bland and dull station-to station game, rarely hits and runs, keep te runners glued to the bases even though this season we have several regulars who run very well, and is ridiculously slow in replacing a pitcher who is getting bombed out there.  In addition, he has made an art form of making the same strategical mistakes over and over again.  The team is in poor condition, was not mentally prepared when the season began, is woefully weak in baseball fundamentals, and when it comes to mental gaffs, it is in a class by itself.

Now there are some who still believe that the Theo-Tito duet can rally us in the years ahead and lead us  to new heights of greatness but that is fools gold.  They need to be replaced, both of them, because we will never win anything if they stay on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I use that name with pride. I chose it for a reason.You, on the other hand, are an insult to humanity. You have no right to tell ANYONE how to post here...NO ONE.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Are you playing the race card. Are you FenwayJack2?
    What right do you have to bash players and management?
    Think it over.
    You bash players and I'll bash you. Count on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Like I said, I don't disagree with you just to disagree with you. I think you are right about Bedard and Harden: Bedard is better than Harden, but both are better than one. As for my predictions of the number of wins, do I need to go get BOTH of our predictions from the other board? I said 94. You were higher. You were wrong about that, and you are wrong about choosing the Red Sox are favorites to win the ALC. I need to correct some of the misconceptions you are spreading around here from time to time.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

I predicted 98 wins.  I said we were the favorites to go to the WS.  Have I ever mislead anyone about that?  You said 94 wins and also said we'd be lucky to win 84.  If you can choose one of your predictions then so can I.

And I am more than willing to discuss any prediction or opinion I have ever made.  In the other thread, you deleted an entire thread because other posters were making fun of your predictions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Are you playing the race card. Are you FenwayJack2? What right do you have to bash players and management? Think it over. You bash players and I'll bash you. Count on it.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Go ahead; I can take it-and give it with the best of them.I plan to keep bashing the underperforming parts of this franchise. You can keep sucking lollipops and waving pompoms while you wear your pink bonnet.
    Keep this in mind: neither of us has any right to tell another poster what to write or how to write it. Its called "Freedom of Speech". Ever heard of it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Who were these posters who complain about FA signings at the moment of the signings. I'll bet that they were elated at most of the signings at the time unless they are trolling. Why don't they go on record at the moment of the signings instead of playing the hindsight game. Even a caveman can play the hindsight game.  Put the jerks onto Ignore.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

My recollection was that Pumpsie was elated at the CC signing, and I wasn't.

How quickly they disown their own opinions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Fred,

I thought you loved the off-season signings by Theo?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Pumpsie saw me on the Harden/Bedard thread.  He agreed with me that Bedard was the better choice over Harden.  And that apparently confused him.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Joe, he said he didn't want you to confuse people here.
    He hasn't posted here in years. Why would he give a damn now?
    If he was strictly following you, why did he start this lame thread?
    Why did he choose now to "follow you"?
    Why didn't he "follow you" last year?

I recall this clown when he quit and made those bogus claims in 2007.
    Like Law after Buch proved him to be the fool he is, Pumpsie was afraid to show his face around here. Now he comes back after a huge defeat years later to feed off the fear and panic, like he did before, and is using you as an excuse.

This guy is a parasite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from weaver5. Show weaver5's posts

THEO HAD A CHANCE TO TRADE BUCHHOLZ FOR JUSTIN UPTON THIS PAST WINTER. WOULDN'T HE LOOK GOOD IN RIGHT FIELD AND BATTING 4TH. IF HE DID WE WOULDN'T HAVE STARTED OUT SO SLOW AND WOULDN'T BE  FADING AT THE END. EVERYDAY STARS CAN KEEP YOU OUT OF SLUMPS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Its called "Freedom of Speech". Ever heard of it?

You weren't so fond of 'Freedom of Speech' when you deleted an entire thread filled with other people's opinions, were you?

There were some great exchanges between Ipot and Fred on the Brooklyn Dodgers, among some other very interesting conversations.

All of them deleted because you got your panties in a knot because a lot of posters were making fun of your opinions in that thread.  So I guess the freedom of speech doesn't include the freedom to be reminded of whatever you said in your speech.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Joe , he said he didn't want you to confuse people here. He hasn't posted here in years. Why would he give a damn now? If he was strictly following you, why did he start this lame thread? Why did he choose now to "follow you"? Why didn't he "follow you" last year? I recall this clown when he quit and made those bogus claims in 2007. Like Law after Buch proved him to be the fool he is, Pumpsie was afraid to show his face around here. Now he comes back after a huge defeat years later to feed off the fear and panic, like he did before, and is using you as an excuse. This guy is a parasite.
    Posted by harness

Idiots like you cannot be reasoned with. If you had another brain cell it would be lonely

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I predicted 98 wins.  I said we were the favorites to go to the WS.  Have I ever mislead anyone about that?  You said 94 wins and also said we'd be lucky to win 84.  If you can choose one of your predictions then so can I. And I am more than willing to discuss any prediction or opinion I have ever made.  In the other thread, you deleted an entire thread because other posters were making fun of your predictions.
    Posted by Joebreidey

How's the 98 win prediction working out for you now Brady? Still think we are ALC material?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I predicted 98 wins.  I said we were the favorites to go to the WS.  Have I ever mislead anyone about that?  You said 94 wins and also said we'd be lucky to win 84.  If you can choose one of your predictions then so can I. And I am more than willing to discuss any prediction or opinion I have ever made.  In the other thread, you deleted an entire thread because other posters were making fun of your predictions.
    Posted by Joebreidey

This sounds more like the gutless wonder of 2007.
    He's gonna find the tolerance level to his BS to be far different this time around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its called "Freedom of Speech". Ever heard of it? You weren't so fond of 'Freedom of Speech' when you deleted an entire thread filled with other people's opinions, were you? There were some great exchanges between Ipot and Fred on the Brooklyn Dodgers, among some other very interesting conversations. All of them deleted because you got your panties in a knot because a lot of posters were making fun of your opinions in that thread.  So I guess the freedom of speech doesn't include the freedom to be reminded of whatever you said in your speech.
    Posted by Joebreidey

You know the rules of that board. The person who starts it has the right to delete it. Sorry you chose a board with those rules, but you did. And you have to live with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Joe , he said he didn't want you to confuse people here. He hasn't posted here in years. Why would he give a damn now? If he was strictly following you, why did he start this lame thread? Why did he choose now to "follow you"? Why didn't he "follow you" last year? I recall this clown when he quit and made those bogus claims in 2007. Like Law after Buch proved him to be the fool he is, Pumpsie was afraid to show his face around here. Now he comes back after a huge defeat years later to feed off the fear and panic, like he did before, and is using you as an excuse. This guy is a parasite.
    Posted by harness

From what I know of him, he seems like a good guy outside of the RS.  He claims to be a RS fan, but he's been bashing us ever since I've known him, and I do not recall him ever once saying anything nice about the RS or anyone on the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : How's the 98 win prediction working out for you now Brady? Still think we are ALC material?
    Posted by pumpsie-green

We get Beckett and Bedard back, we're as good as anyone in the AL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Idiots like you cannot be reasoned with. If you had another brain cell it would be lonely
    Posted by pumpsie-green

COWARDS like you don't reason. You hit and run and disappear.
    You've done it before and you'll do it again.

Yeah, I can see now why you were afraid of what Joe might divulge around here...to those who aren't familiar with your garbage.
    The joke's on you, parasite.
    Because I'm betting Joe never would have even mentioned you had you stayed away. He's not the kind.

He has the credibility a jerk like you will never have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : You know the rules of that board. The person who starts it has the right to delete it. Sorry you chose a board with those rules, but you did. And you have to live with it.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Rules don't trump ethics, morality, and character. Only lowlifes hide behind the rules when exposed as idiots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : You know the rules of that board. The person who starts it has the right to delete it. Sorry you chose a board with those rules, but you did. And you have to live with it.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Sure, you have the right to.

But it is really really weak to delete all your posts so that you can conveniently deny whatever you predicted.  I've said lots of stupid things in my life.  I would never deny them.  The only thing that makes us unique are our opinions.

Even more so in here.  In here, you're not a guy or a girl unless you choose to be.  AL34 could be 5 feet tall and 300 pounds, or a world class athlete when not practicing corporate law.  In here, all you are is reduced to your opinions, and how you express them.  You chosen to delete all your opinions, and your opinions is all that you are comprised of.

I have no use for Stephanie Klein, but she once said that honesty is the most interesting thing in the world.  Deleting your opinions so that you can pretend you never said those things is dishonest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : COWARDS like you don't reason. You hit and run and disappear. You've done it before and you'll do it again. Yeah, I can see now why you were afraid of what Joe might divulge around here...to those who aren't familiar with your garbage. The joke's on you, parasite. Because I'm betting Joe never would have even mentioned you had you stayed away. He's not the kind. He has the credibility a jerk like you will never have.
    Posted by harness

I'd have no intention of talking negatively about anyone.  Never have and never will.  Have you heard me talk about Fred?  Except for a direct response, the only thing I've ever said about him was that he really knows minor league talent.  The only thing I've ever said about Val/30 Something is that he's a genius with numbers, to the point of making my head hurt.

But if Pumpsie wants to start it, by saying the same stuff that he said in 2007, then he'll be reminded of what he said in 2007.  FWIW, I never even mentioned who co-authored the thread with Pumpsie, since he is not here, it is not relevant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I'd have no intention of talking negatively about anyone.  Never have and never will.  Have you heard me talk about Fred?  Except for a direct response, the only thing I've ever said about him was that he really knows minor league talent.  The only thing I've ever said about Val/30 Something is that he's a genius with numbers, to the point of making my head hurt. But if Pumpsie wants to start it, by saying the same stuff that he said in 2007, then he'll be reminded of what he said in 2007.  FWIW, I never even mentioned who co-authored the thread with Pumpsie, since he is not here, it is not relevant.
    Posted by Joebreidey

That's why you garner the reaspect you have here.

I don't have any patience for liars or quitters. I will call a quitter a quitter no matter what. But I won't get into the gutter unless provoked. Then... anything goes.

I admire the fact you show far more constant. Always have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I have no respect for :
    Liars
    Quitters
    Contrarians
    Devil's Advocates
    Trolls
    Pretenders

Harness is only batting .333 on the above.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Sure, you have the right to. But it is really really weak to delete all your posts so that you can conveniently deny whatever you predicted.  I've said lots of stupid things in my life.  I would never deny them.  The only thing that makes us unique are our opinions. Even more so in here.  In here, you're not a guy or a girl unless you choose to be.  AL34 could be 5 feet tall and 300 pounds, or a world class athlete when not practicing corporate law.  In here, all you are is reduced to your opinions, and how you express them.  You chosen to delete all your opinions, and your opinions is all that you are comprised of. I have no use for Stephanie Klein, but she once said that honesty is the most interesting thing in the world.  Deleting your opinions so that you can pretend you never said those things is dishonest.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Thats right; I do. And I chose to exercise that right for reasons you are very aware of, but choose to ignore. You sign up for a board, knowing the rules, but when someone chooses to use one of the rules, you complain about it. That is what controlling people do: they try to make their own rules if they don't agree with the ones that exist.
    Besides, didn't you want to stick to the topics here? How does my elimination of any thread on another board relate to what I presented as my legitimate opinion of what is best for the team? Isn't that what you called "trolling"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Rules don't trump ethics, morality, and character. Only lowlifes hide behind the rules when exposed as idiots.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Your exposure was pretty easy. The drivel you post here reveals what kind of an moron you really are. You try to control what is said, but, in failing, resort to name calling. Remember: you started this. I will finish it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : We get Beckett and Bedard back, we're as good as anyone in the AL.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Lets see how this works out. My guess is that we make the playoffs and most likely will get bounced in round 1-round 2 at the latest. In which case you will get to wear the tag line that says "Pumpsie Green knows more about baseball than Joe Brady" on the other board all offseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : COWARDS like you don't reason. You hit and run and disappear. You've done it before and you'll do it again. Yeah, I can see now why you were afraid of what Joe might divulge around here...to those who aren't familiar with your garbage. The joke's on you, parasite. Because I'm betting Joe never would have even mentioned you had you stayed away. He's not the kind. He has the credibility a jerk like you will never have.
    Posted by harness

Yes, I will do it again. This is not my home. I post on another board usually. So you are in luck; chances are I will leave here and return home at a time of my choosing.

Sections
Shortcuts