BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : This would be the absolute best thing for the team, Pumpsie. Dumb and Dumber have turned this team into a bunch of lazy, unfocused, undisciplined sissies. This team has no heart, no balls, and it has quit on its fans. And this just isn't an aberration this year, either. Since Big Daddy Prune Face handed Boy Blunder the keys solo we have seen a steady downhill trend in quality.  Blunder is a joke when it comes to evaluating talent in FA--an absolute amateur. He has literally pissed away over $300M on FA busts, not to mention leaving the team hamstrung for the future right now with his ridiculous deals to LACKING and Crapford. And he is also the brainchild behind that semar campaign last year that is not, unfortunately, going to cost us Jacoby Ellsbury after 2012.  This team needs a full fledged enema, and it has to start with Inepstink. After that the necessary dominoes will fall accordingly. With a new GM our incompetent buffoon of a manager would not last 15min, and the same can be said for the bungling medical staff and the worthless strength and conditioning staff.  Wholesale changes are the only thing that will start to turn this franchise back around. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

What shall i do to get to know her?

posted at 3/11/2006 11:26 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=74349b40e9dd00da7d5770fea1c6f163&plckUserId=74349b40e9dd00da7d5770fea1c6f163">
    First: 2/17/2006
    Last: 9/12/2011

I grew up Chabahar. South Iran near Pakistan. Good city and university. Have come to US for

continued studies. Enjoy America very much. Many womens no traditional dress. Know what I am

mean? Ha ha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Been following the "conversation" on fan etiquette and loyalty. Very interesting, especially Beaconhill's statement,
    "Babe is a loyal Yankee fan and should be commended for his "fan signature" but his forum ettiquette leaves much to be desired. At least he is consistent in remaining a steady, loyal fan. It is a shame that more Red Sox fans on the forum aren't as loyal to their team."
    I think it there is definitely a distinction to be made between fan loyatly and forum etiquette (and do agree that Babe has none of the latter), but I think you also have to make a distinction between fan loyalty and "blind" fan loyatly. Blind loyalty to a country can get it into a lot of trouble (e.g. Nazi Germany), and blind loyalty to a team turns a fan into a one dimensional person. So I would support a fan's "right" to question whatever he or she wants to, even to the point of hoping the team loses if he thinks it will take out one or more factors that might be dragging the team down. Granted, it's a stretch, but I can certainly see that fan's loyalty to the team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]Been following the "conversation" on fan etiquette and loyalty. Very interesting, especially Beaconhill's statement, "Babe is a loyal Yankee fan and should be commended for his "fan signature" but his forum ettiquette leaves much to be desired. At least he is consistent in remaining a steady, loyal fan. It is a shame that more Red Sox fans on the forum aren't as loyal to their team." I think it there is definitely a distinction to be made between fan loyatly and forum etiquette (and do agree that Babe has none of the latter), but I think you also have to make a distinction between fan loyalty and "blind" fan loyatly. Blind loyalty to a country can get it into a lot of trouble (e.g. Nazi Germany), and blind loyalty to a team turns a fan into a one dimensional person. So I would support a fan's "right" to question whatever he or she wants to, even to the point of hoping the team loses if he thinks it will take out one or more factors that might be dragging the team down. Granted, it's a stretch, but I can certainly see that fan's loyalty to the team. 
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Great point, pschuller, and one that I comment quite often about over at the Sawxheads forum under the name 'Muggah.' There's a world of difference between being a realistic fan and a pollyanna, rumpswab, apologist,...take your pick. IMO, people who just blindly follow the team and toe the company line at all times are 'idol worshippers,' or better still 'groupies' like they have in the entertainment industry. They are not 'fans.' They worship players, GMs and managers instead of evaluating them honestly and more times than not, IMO, make fools out of themselves and come off looking very very foolish and immature. And the worst part about it is that while they think they are being good loyal fans, I can tell you from having known enough pro athletes that these are the people the players themselves despise. They refer to them as lunatics and laugh at them. So there's a lot of irony in their methodology as well. 

I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you're looking at a team like this and still continue to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is still 'wonderful,' you lose all (any) credibility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree with your last paragraph, perfect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

posted at 3/11/2006 11:26 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=74349b40e9dd00da7d5770fea1c6f163&plckUserId=74349b40e9dd00da7d5770fea1c6f163">

I grew up Chabahar. South Iran near Pakistan. Good city and university. Have come to US for

continued studies. Enjoy America very much. Many womens no traditional dress. Know what I am

mean? Ha ha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Great point, pschuller, and one that I comment quite often about over at the Sawxheads forum under the name 'Muggah.' There's a world of difference between being a realistic fan and a pollyanna, rumpswab, apologist,...take your pick. IMO, people who just blindly follow the team and toe the company line at all times are 'idol worshippers,' or better still 'groupies' like they have in the entertainment industry. They are not 'fans.' They worship players, GMs and managers instead of evaluating them honestly and more times than not, IMO, make fools out of themselves and come off looking very very foolish and immature. And the worst part about it is that while they think they are being good loyal fans, I can tell you from having known enough pro athletes that these are the people the players themselves despise. They refer to them as lunatics and laugh at them. So there's a lot of irony in their methodology as well.  I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you're looking at a team like this and still continue to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is still 'wonderful,' you lose all (any) credibility.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

Nah.  You got us rumpswabbers all wrong Greenapple.  We don't pretend everything is wonderful.  But, instead of getting off on destroying these guys, we quietly stress out and hope for the best.  No 'irony in my methodology'.  Just the way I was raised as a Sox fan.  Not in my nature to denegrate the players or manager at every turn, because, to me, I would rather root for them to pull through in times of adversity than destroy them:  it is pretty lame to bury them and then jump on the bandwagon again if they pull through (see Pumpsie Green circa late-summer/early-autumn 2007).  I am deeply discouraged at the moment.  Boys are not playing good baseball at the moment.  But many twists and turns exist in a 162 game season.  If they do fold here, at the end of the day, I will engage heartily in discussions of what went wrong, who's head needs to roll.  But it ain't over 'til it's over.  Someone said that once.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Of course Pitching and "D" wins rings. The very management you denounce has won two of them. My point is that pitching ratings are heavily skewed because they don't factor in venue and level of comp. faced. That's why Seattle is often among the "pitching leaders". Same with Oakland.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that NO TEAM  has won the ALC in at least a decade if they placed less than FOURTH in overall ERA in the league, regardless of park adjustments or any other factors. If you think the Red Sox will do it this year, you must also think that they will be the exception to this rule. I don't think we have the pitching to do it, unfortunately-even if Beckett and Bedard return and CB returns as a long reliever (no one has talked about him starting again this year).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]And now I just clicked on the end of Moon's thread when I saw pumpsie's name there (I don't normally go there because it's the "way over my head thread". lol), but it's so clear to me that pumpsie is not even a Sox fan. He's pulling all your legs. He even throws in "the welcome Yankee fans here" for absolutely no reason. Not only is he not a doctor, he's not even a Sox fan. I can't believe posters are describing him as someone that they've been arguing with since 2007. Nice touch with the kids in the pic.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Why don't you ask your hero Joe Brady if I seem like a doctor to him? Not that it really matters to me; I don't need to prove myself to anyone here. And yes, well behaved Yankee fans like Jete are welcome here as well as on the other board I post on, regardless of how the Posting Police feel about it. I have no idea what your problem is. Maybe you should get help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Oh, he avoided this board for more than this one season. He avoided it ever since he was laughed off it in 2007. Now he returns thinking posters have forgotten or won't be informed of his yellow spine. He's in for a rude awakening.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Again, you are confusing me with someone who takes you seriously. I will come here when I please, post here when I please, and depart at a time of my choosing. What idiots like you write about me is irrelevant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : The fact of the matter is that NO TEAM  has won the ALC in at least a decade if they placed less than FOURTH in overall ERA in the league, regardless of park adjustments or any other factors. If you think the Red Sox will do it this year, you must also think that they will be the exception to this rule. I don't think we have the pitching to do it, unfortunately-even if Beckett and Bedard return and CB returns as a long reliever (no one has talked about him starting again this year).
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

But as has been pointed out in another forum, as recently as 2006 St. Louis won it all with the 16th-best ERA in the majors, beating Detroit, who had the best ERA in baseball, in only 5 games.  So you haven't really unearthed a very convincing corellation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness thinks the forum is a real world experience, like as if we all lived in the same town,... and he is the mayor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Been following the "conversation" on fan etiquette and loyalty. Very interesting, especially Beaconhill's statement, "Babe is a loyal Yankee fan and should be commended for his "fan signature" but his forum ettiquette leaves much to be desired. At least he is consistent in remaining a steady, loyal fan. It is a shame that more Red Sox fans on the forum aren't as loyal to their team." I think it there is definitely a distinction to be made between fan loyatly and forum etiquette (and do agree that Babe has none of the latter), but I think you also have to make a distinction between fan loyalty and "blind" fan loyatly. Blind loyalty to a country can get it into a lot of trouble (e.g. Nazi Germany), and blind loyalty to a team turns a fan into a one dimensional person. So I would support a fan's "right" to question whatever he or she wants to, even to the point of hoping the team loses if he thinks it will take out one or more factors that might be dragging the team down. Granted, it's a stretch, but I can certainly see that fan's loyalty to the team. 
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Thank you for a very well thought out post. All of us are Sox fans here, each in our own way. I have been a fan since the mid 50s, since most people here were zygotes or trophoblasts. Too bad some here have to resort to personal attacks in response to non traditional expressions of team support.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Again, you are confusing me with someone who takes you seriously. I will come here when I please, post here when I please, and depart at a time of my choosing. What idiots like you write about me is irrelevant.

You on the other hand only comes here when the Red Sox are playing poorly and proceeds  to annoy Red Sox fans. I call that trolling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : But as has been pointed out in another forum, as recently as 2006 St. Louis won it all with the 16th-best ERA in the majors, beating Detroit, who had the best ERA in baseball, in only 5 games.  So you haven't really unearthed a very convincing corellation.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned on the other board, that is the SINGLE EXCEPTION. The correlation is really very high. Its not actually a "rule" per se, its a correlation that makes very good logical sense. You need good pitching and defense to win rings. I don't think you can deny that. Nor can you deny that our overall pitching has been mediocre at best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]harness thinks the forum is a real world experience, like as if we all lived in the same town,... and he is the mayor.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

We really should be treating him like a germ who has caught penicillin....avoid at all costs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : You on the other hand only comes here when the Red Sox are playing poorly and proceeds  to annoy Red Sox fans. I call that trolling.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

I annoy YOU. You do not speak for all the other Red Sox fans. Seems some people here actually agree with me; others don't agree but agree that I have the right to post my point of view.
    As for your attempt to silence me, good luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : You on the other hand only comes here when the Red Sox are playing poorly and proceeds  to annoy Red Sox fans. I call that trolling.

maybe he has 19 different names like you and is actually here every day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I annoy YOU. You do not speak for all the other Red Sox fans. Seems some people here actually agree with me; others don't agree but agree that I have the right to post my point of view. As for your attempt to silence me, good luck.

But you didn't explain your timing. You are never here when the team is playing well and only arrive at times like these. You become joyful when we do poorly. Is that the definition of a fan?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ahh, Pumpsie ... we missed you so much

Tongue out

Maybe Papi is right, it's time to panic ... when you show up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

posted at 3/11/2006 10:46 AM EST
    All woman know they want men to be in control. Men must act first. She will. You watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : As I mentioned on the other board, that is the SINGLE EXCEPTION. The correlation is really very high. Its not actually a "rule" per se, its a correlation that makes very good logical sense. You need good pitching and defense to win rings. I don't think you can deny that. Nor can you deny that our overall pitching has been mediocre at best.

No, it's not the SINGLE EXCEPTION, I'm surprised you already forgot the 2003 Marlins who were T7 in the NL in ERA.

That's 2 teams in 10 years offside your correlation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : But you didn't explain your timing. You are never here when the team is playing well and only arrive at times like these. You become joyful when we do poorly. Is that the definition of a fan?

I did explain it. And it has nothing to do with how the team is playing. If you don't believe me, ask Joe Breidy if he has been posting much on the other board recently. I followed him over here to argue with him since he was unavailable to argue with over there.
    As for taking joy out of losing, that is simply not true. If I had my way we would be #1 in pitching and ready to compete for a ring. Unfortunately, that is not the case. We are #8. And in the end, you have to make a determination as to who is accountable for our pitching. The answer is our GM-our GM who signed Lackey, Miller, Jenks, Morales, Albers, Matsusaka, resigned Wakefield...and so forth. There has to be some accountability for our failure over the past four years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Why don't you ask your hero Joe Brady

pumpsie just so you know

that's not the same kimmi

not that she would be listed under

your fan club either ;-)

and don't bother with BeaconHill19

nobody else does, you might remember him as pike

he's nothing but  a 

'' a clown on a high horse ''

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : No, it's not the SINGLE EXCEPTION, I'm surprised you already forgot the 2003 Marlins who were T7 in the NL in ERA. That's 2 teams in 10 years offside your correlation.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I did forget them. Fine. Then we have TWO teams in the last  decade. How many teams have competed in the last decade? Lets see, each year we have four teams from each league; thats eight per year in the playoffs. Eight times ten is eighty. So out of eighty team in the last decade, just TWO have won a WS ranking less than fourth in ERA. I would say thats a pretty strong correlation, wouldn't you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Your Head of Ted picture was tasteless and has been reported. You apparently had that moniker several years back. Were you proud of it? What if my moniker was CharcoalThurman, would that be funny also?

Sections
Shortcuts