BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I did forget them. Fine. Then we have TWO teams in the last  decade. How many teams have competed in the last decade? Lets see, each year we have four teams from each league; thats eight per year in the playoffs. Eight times ten is eighty. So out of eighty team in the last decade, just TWO have won a WS ranking less than fourth in ERA. I would say thats a pretty strong correlation, wouldn't you?
    Posted by pumpsie-green

No, Pumpsie, that doesn't actually make any sense.  The wins by Florida and St. Louis indicate that a team with mediocre pitching has been able to win it all 20% of the time.  Look, 80% is a strong correlation, I'm not trying to argue that.  It's not a 'lock', that's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

we have seen this bad story of the sox so many years, i thought i was used to it. 
    stlll makes me ill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Your Head of Ted picture was tasteless and has been reported. You apparently had that moniker several years back. Were you proud of it? What if my moniker was CharcoalThurman, would that be funny also?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

and has been reported

did you report it to your mom or the mods

You apparently had that moniker several years back.

nope never did

not sure but

if I remember right I 1st did it as a pun

when responding to a yankee troll here called  '' head of ted ''

now I use it because of the obvious

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club. Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Your Head of Ted picture was tasteless and has been reported. You apparently had that moniker several years back. Were you proud of it? What if my moniker was CharcoalThurman, would that be funny also?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Give Pumpsie-Green some respect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Tag team is ARMY strong. Seabeachfred, Pumpsie-Green, Bad-Scene, TC25. Where is Babe and Yazzer?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Tag team is ARMY strong. Seabeachfred, Pumpsie-Green, Bad-Scene, TC25. Where is Babe and Yazzer?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Where's Kim?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Why don't you ask your hero Joe Brady pumpsie just so you know that's not the same kimmi not that she would be listed under your fan club either ;-) and don't bother with BeaconHill19 nobody else does, you might remember him as pike he's nothing but  a               '' a clown on a high horse ''
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Thanks Zac. I was actually starting to believe that I was wasting my time with BeaconHill. Seems he has nothing to offer but to tell others how to post here. And I realize thats not the same Kimmi; different use of words. I have nothing against either one other than differing opinions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : No, Pumpsie, that doesn't actually make any sense.  The wins by Florida and St. Louis indicate that a team with mediocre pitching has been able to win it all 20% of the time.  Look, 80% is a strong correlation, I'm not trying to argue that.  It's not a 'lock', that's all.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Sure it does. Of the 80 teams who made the playoffs, just TWO won a ring after placing less than 4th in overall ERA in their league. There is indeed a strong correlation. I am not claiming its impossible, just highly unlikely for  team without very good pitching to win a ring. The odds are stacked against them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Sure it does. Of the 80 teams who made the playoffs, just TWO won a ring after placing less than 4th in overall ERA in their league. There is indeed a strong correlation. I am not claiming its impossible, just highly unlikely for  team without very good pitching to win a ring. The odds are stacked against them.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Yes, but of the 80 teams who made the playoffs, just TEN won a ring, period, because there were only TEN rings to win.  So the relevant ratio is 2 out of 10, not 2 out of 80.  Don't forget that there were also a pile of teams who finished high in the ERA standings that didn't win any rings.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Yes, but of the 80 teams who made the playoffs, just TEN won a ring, period, because there were only TEN rings to win.  So the relevant ratio is 2 out of 10, not 2 out of 80.  Don't forget that there were also a pile of teams who finished high in the ERA standings that didn't win any rings.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

The bottom line, regardless of how many rings were available, is that just two of the 80 participating teams won rings with high ERAs. I think that makes more sense than your method. Furthermore, I realize that some teams with excellent ERAs don't win rings or even make the playoffs. Thats not what I am debating; I would stipulate that that is correct. The fact is that without great pitching its tough to win a ring. Look at last year's WS winners and this year's favorites. Both teams are #1 in pitching, but much lower (#8 and 5) in runs scored. The correlation is with PITCHING, not mashing the baseball. Unfortunately, our GM could not judge talent well enough (again)  this year to provide us with the pitching we need to have a good chance to win the ALC, let alone a ring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Are you and fred banned from sawxheads.com chat forum by Vic from starting these kind of threads so you have to come here to do it. Tongue out

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Idiots like you cannot be reasoned with. If you had another brain cell it would be lonely
    Posted by pumpsie-green

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

LOOKING AT lesters LAST 3 STARTS HE HAS THROWN OVER 300 PITCHES IN ONLY 16 IP.TtALK ABOUT A DISASTER . PUMPSIE MAKES SOME STRANGE COMMENTS BUT HE IS DEAD ON RIGHT ABOUT THIS  VERY BAD PITCHING STAFF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : The bottom line, regardless of how many rings were available, is that just two of the 80 participating teams won rings with high ERAs. I think that makes more sense than your method.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

But on the other hand, only 8 teams out of 80 won rings with good ERA's.  So that only proves that it's tough to win a ring, period, which we already knew.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I predicted 94 wins at the beginning of the season (on the other board). I am sticking with that number. Its possible that these recent losses will light a fire under our team's tochases and get them going, but in the end, I don't think they have the pitching to make it out of round 1.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Except when you don't stick to it.

Pumpsie Green
    Global Moderator

LOSERS AGAIN!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
    « Reply #140 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »
    Reply with quoteQuote

84 wins is pretty optimistic. This is a group of LOSER-BUMS we are seeing out there, passing gas towards the fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Except when you don't stick to it. Pumpsie Green Global Moderator Hero Member Posts: 16,232 LOSERS AGAIN! Re: 2011 MLB Predictions « Reply #140 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:25 PM » Quote 84 wins is pretty optimistic. This is a group of LOSER-BUMS we are seeing out there, passing gas towards the fans.
    Posted by ThefourBs

oops

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Are you and fred banned from sawxheads.com chat forum by Vic from starting these kind of threads so you have to come here to do it. In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by TheoGM1

No Theo, you are one of the two people I know of that has ever been banned over there. I come and go as I please

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Pumpsie lives in San Francisco and is a good friend of Seabeachfred who lives near LA. They both are Red Sox fans and their hobby is to annoy other Red Sox fans. Pumpsie has a bone to pick with the sox organization. Read up on how slow they were to bring him up to the major league club despite his great stats. He is right that the ownership was racist back then. So now he wishes to take it out on RSN and to also bash the ownership and front office.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

than why can't you stick to your pals over there ... why did you felt the need to enlighten us with your pessimism HERE ..Or throwing stones and rile fans is a trait that you enjoy so much that you try to do as many fan sites as possible..

The post 4 B's prove post above proves that "you are 'FLIP-FLOPPER" !!

You said the same thing in 2007 when Gagne was blowing saves but we win the world series that year and you retracted all the BS you mouthed off in Sept 07... keep up with your ignorance Laughing

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : No Theo, you are one of the two people I know of that has ever been banned over there. I come and go as I please
    Posted by pumpsie-green

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Epstein on D&C: Sox will right ship again

With the Red Sox having lost nine of their last 11 games and trying to hold off the Rays for the American League wild card, general manager Theo Epstein joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday to talk about his team's struggles.

Asked he had an explanation for the Red Sox' September swoon, Epstein replied: "We were asking ourselves the same questions in April. It's odd, the way we've done this -- open the year 2-10, then have the best record in baseball for over four months, and now we're 3-10 all of a sudden. It's never one factor. There are a lot of things that we're not doing well right now, and those are all contributing."

Epstein said the Red Sox can look to the start of the season for inspiration.

"The thing we have going for us here -- beyond the fact that we're a really good team, just not playing like it now -- is that we've pulled ourselves out of this before," he said. " April was no walk in the park. … That was not fun, and this team did a great job of pulling itself out of that. We certainly can do it again, and we have to. We've been punched in the mouth here a little bit. It's how we respond that matters."

Here are some other highlights from the conversation:

On what the GM can do or say to right the ship: "For me, the message is -- and obviously I think this pervades the clubhouse -- is it's not what happens to you. Every team is going to stumble, every team is going to get kicked in the mouth. It's how you respond. It's incumbent upon us to respond the right way. If we don't respond the right way, there's going to be night after night after night that all of us, and every single one of our players, is going to wake up and saying, 'Gosh, we were 3 1/2 games up with 17 games to play and felt like it was slipping away from us. Why didn't we just come out and play great baseball the way we had for most of the year?'

"As much as this seems like a massive problem, this is also a tremendous opportunity. We have a tremendous opportunity to respond for the second time in one regular season to a stretch of horrendous play with great opportunity ahead beyond that. If we can right the ship, and we will, not only will we be where we want to be at the end of the regular season, but we're going to have great momentum heading into the postseason.

"I'm glad we play the Rays four times coming up. If we can't right the ship against these guys, if we can't do what we need to do, we probably don't deserve to get into the postseason. As much as this looks like a crisis from the outside and obviously hasn't been fun from the inside, this is an opportunity. If we are what we think we are, to quote somebody else, then this is a great opportunity for us."

On the struggles of John Lackey: "I think it's a number of factors. We were pretty hopeful for a while there that he was pulling himself out of it, had run of good starts, throwing the ball better. There's been a bit of a regression here lately. That's what makes it frustrating. If it were that easy to pinpoint, obviously he would have made an adjustment by now. It's a continual struggle to try to pinpoint what exactly is going on with him and make adjustments so he can help us."

On Josh Beckett: "Today's an important day for him. He's going to throw. The best-case scenario for Beckett, if all goes well today, would indicate a pretty quick return to the rotation, which is good news. And [Erik] Bedard hopefully soon after that. That would be a big boost. The starting pitcher does matter. Earl Weaver says, 'Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.' So, that's pretty important. I think for the short term, we're pretty locked in. We're going to try to get good news from Beckett today and go from there."

On Clay Buchholz: "We can't accelerate his return. We laid out a timetable about four weeks ago that would represent a best-case scenario. So far, he's exceeded every goal. It has been the best-case scenario. Knock on wood, it will continue to be so. He hasn't been off a mound yet, which is a big step, so it's hard to get too excited until he actually gets of a mound, because that's what slowed him down in the past. Once he gets past that hurdle, then we can start to get a little excited that he can help us. It's not going to be in lengthy outings. He just doesn't have time, certainly in the regular season, to get stretched out for any kind of significant long outing."

On J.D. Drew: "J.D.'s got a broken finger, for what that's worth. He has an avulsion fracture of his middle finger. He needs to heal, and hopefully he can come back from that. We haven't ruled anything out with him. He wants to be out there. … He's doing the best he can, and we want to try to get him back as soon as we can. Same is the case for a number of other guys that we have out, that we've had out for a long time here."

On the future of Jonathan Papelbon: "Since we drafted him back in 2003 and he proved himself in the minor leagues and came up and made the transition to closer, he's been a huge part of this team. He's always been a part of our plans, obviously. We haven't been able to sign him to a longterm deal throughout his arbitration years. Now, the different scenario is with free agency coming up. But  there's never been a lack of interest in keeping him here. ... Whether it can be done or not, who knows. Free agency's always interesting."

For a transcript of the conversation, check the Full Count blog later in the morning. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page. For more Red Sox news, visit the team page at www.weei.com/teams/red-sox/home">weei.com/redsox.

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club. Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Epstein on D&C: Sox will right ship again By: Jerry Spar Tweet 1 15 Comments With the Red Sox having lost nine of their last 11 games and trying to hold off the Rays for the American League wild card, general manager Theo Epstein joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday to talk about his team's struggles. Asked he had an explanation for the Red Sox' September swoon, Epstein replied: "We were asking ourselves the same questions in April. It's odd, the way we've done this -- open the year 2-10, then have the best record in baseball for over four months, and now we're 3-10 all of a sudden. It's never one factor. There are a lot of things that we're not doing well right now, and those are all contributing." Epstein said the Red Sox can look to the start of the season for inspiration. "The thing we have going for us here -- beyond the fact that we're a really good team, just not playing like it now -- is that we've pulled ourselves out of this before," he said. " April was no walk in the park. … That was not fun, and this team did a great job of pulling itself out of that. We certainly can do it again, and we have to. We've been punched in the mouth here a little bit. It's how we respond that matters." Here are some other highlights from the conversation: On what the GM can do or say to right the ship: "For me, the message is -- and obviously I think this pervades the clubhouse -- is it's not what happens to you. Every team is going to stumble, every team is going to get kicked in the mouth. It's how you respond. It's incumbent upon us to respond the right way. If we don't respond the right way, there's going to be night after night after night that all of us, and every single one of our players, is going to wake up and saying, 'Gosh, we were 3 1/2 games up with 17 games to play and felt like it was slipping away from us. Why didn't we just come out and play great baseball the way we had for most of the year?' "As much as this seems like a massive problem, this is also a tremendous opportunity. We have a tremendous opportunity to respond for the second time in one regular season to a stretch of horrendous play with great opportunity ahead beyond that. If we can right the ship, and we will, not only will we be where we want to be at the end of the regular season, but we're going to have great momentum heading into the postseason. "I'm glad we play the Rays four times coming up. If we can't right the ship against these guys, if we can't do what we need to do, we probably don't deserve to get into the postseason. As much as this looks like a crisis from the outside and obviously hasn't been fun from the inside, this is an opportunity. If we are what we think we are, to quote somebody else, then this is a great opportunity for us." On the struggles of John Lackey: "I think it's a number of factors. We were pretty hopeful for a while there that he was pulling himself out of it, had run of good starts, throwing the ball better. There's been a bit of a regression here lately. That's what makes it frustrating. If it were that easy to pinpoint, obviously he would have made an adjustment by now. It's a continual struggle to try to pinpoint what exactly is going on with him and make adjustments so he can help us." On Josh Beckett: "Today's an important day for him. He's going to throw. The best-case scenario for Beckett, if all goes well today, would indicate a pretty quick return to the rotation, which is good news. And [Erik] Bedard hopefully soon after that. That would be a big boost. The starting pitcher does matter. Earl Weaver says, 'Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.' So, that's pretty important. I think for the short term, we're pretty locked in. We're going to try to get good news from Beckett today and go from there." On Clay Buchholz: "We can't accelerate his return. We laid out a timetable about four weeks ago that would represent a best-case scenario. So far, he's exceeded every goal. It has been the best-case scenario. Knock on wood, it will continue to be so. He hasn't been off a mound yet, which is a big step, so it's hard to get too excited until he actually gets of a mound, because that's what slowed him down in the past. Once he gets past that hurdle, then we can start to get a little excited that he can help us. It's not going to be in lengthy outings. He just doesn't have time, certainly in the regular season, to get stretched out for any kind of significant long outing." On J.D. Drew: "J.D.'s got a broken finger, for what that's worth. He has an avulsion fracture of his middle finger. He needs to heal, and hopefully he can come back from that. We haven't ruled anything out with him. He wants to be out there. … He's doing the best he can, and we want to try to get him back as soon as we can. Same is the case for a number of other guys that we have out, that we've had out for a long time here." On the future of Jonathan Papelbon: "Since we drafted him back in 2003 and he proved himself in the minor leagues and came up and made the transition to closer, he's been a huge part of this team. He's always been a part of our plans, obviously. We haven't been able to sign him to a longterm deal throughout his arbitration years. Now, the different scenario is with free agency coming up. But  there's never been a lack of interest in keeping him here. ... Whether it can be done or not, who knows. Free agency's always interesting." For a transcript of the conversation, check the Full Count blog later in the morning. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page . For more Red Sox news, visit the team page at www.weei.com/teams/red-sox/home " /> weei.com/redsox . In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by TheoGM1
    hey Theo, how goes it?...here is a half hour ago Olney tweet on Beckett.... 
    Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
    Josh Beckett had a good side session today in the bullpen,and the Red Sox are hopeful of lining him up in the Tampa Bay series this weekend

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

Epstein on D&C: Sox will right ship again By: Jerry Spar Tweet 1 15 Comments With the Red Sox having lost nine of their last 11 games and trying to hold off the Rays for the American League wild card, general manager Theo Epstein joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday to talk about his team's struggles. Asked he had an explanation for the Red Sox' September swoon, Epstein replied: "We were asking ourselves the same questions in April. It's odd, the way we've done this -- open the year 2-10, then have the best record in baseball for over four months, and now we're 3-10 all of a sudden. It's never one factor. There are a lot of things that we're not doing well right now, and those are all contributing." Epstein said the Red Sox can look to the start of the season for inspiration. "The thing we have going for us here -- beyond the fact that we're a really good team, just not playing like it now -- is that we've pulled ourselves out of this before," he said. " April was no walk in the park. … That was not fun, and this team did a great job of pulling itself out of that. We certainly can do it again, and we have to. We've been punched in the mouth here a little bit. It's how we respond that matters." Here are some other highlights from the conversation: On what the GM can do or say to right the ship: "For me, the message is -- and obviously I think this pervades the clubhouse -- is it's not what happens to you. Every team is going to stumble, every team is going to get kicked in the mouth. It's how you respond. It's incumbent upon us to respond the right way. If we don't respond the right way, there's going to be night after night after night that all of us, and every single one of our players, is going to wake up and saying, 'Gosh, we were 3 1/2 games up with 17 games to play and felt like it was slipping away from us. Why didn't we just come out and play great baseball the way we had for most of the year?' "As much as this seems like a massive problem, this is also a tremendous opportunity. We have a tremendous opportunity to respond for the second time in one regular season to a stretch of horrendous play with great opportunity ahead beyond that. If we can right the ship, and we will, not only will we be where we want to be at the end of the regular season, but we're going to have great momentum heading into the postseason. "I'm glad we play the Rays four times coming up. If we can't right the ship against these guys, if we can't do what we need to do, we probably don't deserve to get into the postseason. As much as this looks like a crisis from the outside and obviously hasn't been fun from the inside, this is an opportunity. If we are what we think we are, to quote somebody else, then this is a great opportunity for us." On the struggles of John Lackey: "I think it's a number of factors. We were pretty hopeful for a while there that he was pulling himself out of it, had run of good starts, throwing the ball better. There's been a bit of a regression here lately. That's what makes it frustrating. If it were that easy to pinpoint, obviously he would have made an adjustment by now. It's a continual struggle to try to pinpoint what exactly is going on with him and make adjustments so he can help us." On Josh Beckett: "Today's an important day for him. He's going to throw. The best-case scenario for Beckett, if all goes well today, would indicate a pretty quick return to the rotation, which is good news. And [Erik] Bedard hopefully soon after that. That would be a big boost. The starting pitcher does matter. Earl Weaver says, 'Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.' So, that's pretty important. I think for the short term, we're pretty locked in. We're going to try to get good news from Beckett today and go from there." On Clay Buchholz: "We can't accelerate his return. We laid out a timetable about four weeks ago that would represent a best-case scenario. So far, he's exceeded every goal. It has been the best-case scenario. Knock on wood, it will continue to be so. He hasn't been off a mound yet, which is a big step, so it's hard to get too excited until he actually gets of a mound, because that's what slowed him down in the past. Once he gets past that hurdle, then we can start to get a little excited that he can help us. It's not going to be in lengthy outings. He just doesn't have time, certainly in the regular season, to get stretched out for any kind of significant long outing." On J.D. Drew: "J.D.'s got a broken finger, for what that's worth. He has an avulsion fracture of his middle finger. He needs to heal, and hopefully he can come back from that. We haven't ruled anything out with him. He wants to be out there. … He's doing the best he can, and we want to try to get him back as soon as we can. Same is the case for a number of other guys that we have out, that we've had out for a long time here." On the future of Jonathan Papelbon: "Since we drafted him back in 2003 and he proved himself in the minor leagues and came up and made the transition to closer, he's been a huge part of this team. He's always been a part of our plans, obviously. We haven't been able to sign him to a longterm deal throughout his arbitration years. Now, the different scenario is with free agency coming up. But  there's never been a lack of interest in keeping him here. ... Whether it can be done or not, who knows. Free agency's always interesting." For a transcript of the conversation, check the Full Count blog later in the morning. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page . For more Red Sox news, visit the team page at www.weei.com/teams/red-sox/home " /> weei.com/redsox . In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by TheoGM1

I don't know how he got through the interview without gagging on the crap he was spewing. To put it simply, he's full of sh!t----as usual.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Posted by BeaconHill19

Can't figure out the meaning of your "ARMY STRONG" message but just for the record Pumpsie Green and I are allies and good friends.  This used to be my main board but when they reconfigured it and made it impossible to find out who was responding to my posts I went oer to Sawxheads.  I still post here occasionally and still see a few of my friends who are still here.

Many of us are royally po'd at the way Epstein failed to put a team together that could meet the challenge of a pennant race.  Some of his signings, especially for the bullpen, defied reason, but that has been the case with him for years.  As for the manager who I criticize regularly, the guy almost looks comatose in the dugout, doesn't do anything to inspire the team, and from the looks of things has turned them into a bunch of excuse making nambies.  There are many here and on the other board who don't like to hear those things but just take a look at the first 12 games and the last 11.  This team has shown the ability to go into the tank and they have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Are you and fred banned from sawxheads.com chat forum by Vic from starting these kind of threads so you have to come here to do it. In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT :
    Posted by TheoGM1

No, we very rarely ban anyone from that board; I think only two hae been since I got there in June of 2008.  I came on this board in early 2005 so this was my first home, and unlike what one poster said, I don't come on to irritate other Red Sox fans but to give my opinion and tell what I think is the truth.  Unfortunately there are many who don't want to hear it even if it is staring them right in the eyes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Hi Jete..How goes it..doing well..took a break but was back to check the pulse of fans here..

Yes Beckett is big key and today's mound session wa skey so hopefully he can pitch 1 games vs Rays.. we also called up Joey Gathright as a speedster oPR type so instead of Avelis getting picked off we have  a better option off the bench..kind of Like Dave Roberts...

we have 7 games vs Orioles and Rays have 7 games vs Yankees..

will I be forced to root for your Yankees when you play the Rays.. Sealed

n Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : hey Theo, how goes it?...here is a half hour ago Olney tweet on Beckett....  Buster_ESPN Buster Olney Josh Beckett had a good side session today in the bullpen,and the Red Sox are hopeful of lining him up in the Tampa Bay series this weekend
    Posted by jete02fan

Sections
Shortcuts