Blue Jays to sign Melky Cabrera ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Blue Jays to sign Melky Cabrera ...

... according to this report from ESPNdesportes.com:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1660011&s=bei&type=story

From MLBTR:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/blue-jays-to-sign-melky-cabrera.html

The post from my buddy southpaw beat mine by 15 seconds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Blue Jays to sign Melky Cabrera ...

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From MLBTR:

[/QUOTE]

:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He's a flawed player and the Sox would have never have signed him anyway. It's better he went somewhere else. Ben knows what he is doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From MLBTR:

[/QUOTE]

Now the Jays may be better than the Sox.  Melky 'PEDS" or not should be a nice addition so when do we finally do something significant?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

The last time Melky played without PEDs, in the ALE, he was let go by the Yankees.  Glad Ben did not fall in love with his "talent and production" enough to outbid Toronto.  Let Toronto have him...Anthopolous is doing a good job of immitating Theo--loading up on disparate talent and paying them for past accomplishments in the hopes they will coalesce into a WS caliber team

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The last time Melky played without PEDs, in the ALE, he was let go by the Yankees.  Glad Ben did not fall in love with his "talent and production" enough to outbid Toronto.  Let Toronto have him...Anthopolous is doing a good job of immitating Theo--loading up on disparate talent and paying them for past accomplishments in the hopes they will coalesce into a WS caliber team

[/QUOTE]

The Jay's are going to own the AL East this season.   The Sox may have their worst season in history if they don't do something soon.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ben--wait long enough and you will find something wrong with every FA on the market. Why not start by thinking how mudh better the Sox would be by signing decent players.

You must be looking for more Cook's, Padilla's and Loney's. If you wait much longer you can have Loney for a minor league contract not even a ST invitation.

Rumor has it Grienke is headed to Toronto in addition to Haren and Jackson. They may have to DFA some current players if they keep signing people.

I wonder if they are worried about the Rule 5??

I can see the Sox overpaying for Hamilton and still finishing last-then what?

I  know I'm being unfair Ben but you even must admit--the Sox will finish in Last Place. If I were in your shoes---put Ells, Pedroia, Bailey, Lester and Ortiz on the block---Toronto might not be interested but there might be some other contenders interested. We would be the AL East version of the Marlins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben--wait long enough and you will find something wrong with every FA on the market. Why not start by thinking how mudh better the Sox would be by signing decent players.

You must be looking for more Cook's, Padilla's and Loney's. If you wait much longer you can have Loney for a minor league contract not even a ST invitation.

Rumor has it Grienke is headed to Toronto in addition to Haren and Jackson. They may have to DFA some current players if they keep signing people.

I  know I'm being unfair Ben but you even must admit--the Sox will finish in Last Place. If I were in your shoes---put Ells, Pedroia, Bailey, Lester and Ortiz on the block---Toronto might not be interested but there might be some other contenders interested. We would be the AL East version of the Marlins.

[/QUOTE]

Ben is going to get right on it , as soon as we pick our hitting coach. Now interviewing Scott Fletcher. In 15 seasons of MLB , Fletcher hir .262 , with a grand total of 34 home runs. Hopefully , he is a better teacher than he was a batter.  Meanwhile , the " Royal Rooters " will continue to trash every player that another team signs. It is their way of feeling better about Ben.  Those who voice objection will be labeled " whiners " and " crybabies."  We didn't really choke in September 2011. We didn't really lose 93 games in 2012.  And , we must remember that we have some fine young prospects in A Ball. And if you don't like it, you can root for the Yankees.   Meanwhile , let's all make up fantasy trades that we can make. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are going to have two hitting coaches , one for righties , one for lefties. They will share the duties with switch hitters.  Two pitching coaches for the same reason. Also , an assistant bullpen coach to help answer the phone. Two assistant bench coaches , for quality control and picking up sunflower seed hulls.   And a special clubhouse coach , to make sure no one sneaks back there for a beer.  That should do it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Ben is the master of useless lateral moves that make no difference...it's the way he feels productive...like giving a kid a hammer to play with when the dad is building the shed...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a flawed player and the Sox would have never have signed him anyway. It's better he went somewhere else. Ben knows what he is doing.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, He,s A Tarnished Bum, Like ARoid/Sosa/Mcgwire And All Others Who Play The Game....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 years and 16M just shows how absurd the Tigers offer to Torii racist Hunter was.

[/QUOTE]

Stiffy - please regale us again with your "examples" of Hunter's racist comments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 years and 16M just shows how absurd the Tigers offer to Torii racist Hunter was.

[/QUOTE]

Sixteen million for two years might be a over priced offer for Torii but that is in the eyes of the beholder and the Tigers thought he was worth it.  Where I have to call you out this time is all this Torii the racist crap.  I live in So. Cal, my wife, daughter and son-law live in Orange Co unty are are diehar Angels fans......and they all loved Torii Hunter, as did Trumbo, Trout, Weaver and the rest of the "white" Angels.  Hunter had never shown anything that resembled racism and in fact was very close to Mike Trout and helped him along daily when he came up. I don't know where you got this racist stuff from but you are about as wrong as you could be on this.  Sorry my friend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ike, I'll agree with your first two sentences but most certainly not the last one.  Ben does not know what he's doing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mad Mac, I've come to the concl sion that with Cherington two things are possible.  One he does not have the power to make moves and must get permission from Lucchino before he does anything since he is nothing more than a patsy and a flunky....OR, Cherington is even more inept and risk averse that even I, his most nasty critic, believes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Every year there are one or two teams that sign everyone in sight, and usually that team ends up underperforming. See: 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Angels/Marlins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every year there are one or two teams that sign everyone in sight, and usually that team ends up underperforming. See: 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Angels/Marlins.

[/QUOTE]

Can you believe the panic on here, exam?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anthopolous has done a pretty good job since becoming Toronto's GM. 

He dumped Vernon Wells and his hefty contract to the Angels and he knows that now is the time to strike and make a run in the competitive AL East. 

Besides, Melky may be motivated to prove to the fans that he is a talented player. 

I think Anthopolous is not even done yet this offseason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In 1997, Toronto signed Roger Clemens, Benito Santiago, Carlos Garcia and Orlando Merced.  Toronto still finished in last place that year. 

But I think the trades this time will make the Blue Jays at least a wild card team in 2013. 

As a Red Sox fan, I hope the trades do NOT work out for Toronto.  But I have a feeling that it will work. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I still have not seen a move by the Jays or any other team this off-season that I wish the Sox had made instead.

Of course so far all we have done is re-hire former coaches and sign 35+ year old players to new deals.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly...

Sections
Shortcuts