Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

Blue Jays

I'm in Canada, so the Blue Jay propaganda is in my face 24/7 - they're re-airing the 1993 World Series in anticipation of their up-coming World Series, for example.

What's the perception outside of Canada? Anyone afraid of the Jays? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Blue Jays

In response to Modano9009's comment:

I'm in Canada, so the Blue Jay propaganda is in my face 24/7 - they're re-airing the 1993 World Series in anticipation of their up-coming World Series, for example.

Afraid isn't the right word, but you have to have a healthy respect for them now.

All five AL East teams look evenly matched.

Except for the O's.

They were just lucky last year. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Afraid isn't the right word, but you have to have a healthy respect for them now.

All five AL East teams look evenly matched.

Except for the O's.

They were just lucky last year. lol

That's the way I look at it to - I could see anyone from the division making the playoffs. You can never count out the Rays, the Yankees are the Yankees, I don't know how the O's did it last year so I shouldn't be surprised if they pull it off this year, the Jays re-loaded so they should be in the thick of it, and I think the Sox are a lot better than they've been given credit for. They could finish 5th, but I think that says more about how evenly matched the division is this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

if that core of players were a last place team in Miami i don't see how they are WS calibur in Toronto... granted the peripheral pieces Toronto has are much better than what surrounded them in Miami but aside from J Johnson those players they got are vastly over rated.. we'll see what happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Jays fans should be excited.

The Rays made a win later trade this winter, Shields was the 9th best pitcher in MLB over the last two seasons.

The Sox and Yanks are the weakest they have been on paper in a long time.

The Jays 2013 5th starter RR had a 3.3 ERA in '10 + '11 pitching in the ALE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They are definitely considered a good team. Very bold moves bringing in Reyes, Johnson, Buerhle & Dickey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

if that core of players were a last place team in Miami i don't see how they are WS calibur in Toronto... granted the peripheral pieces Toronto has are much better than what surrounded them in Miami but aside from J Johnson those players they got are vastly over rated.. we'll see what happens.

I'm not convinced a team has to be a WS caliber team to win the AL East this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hello Modano9009   :)

My late father and ex were Blue Jays fans so I have been following them a bit.

If healthy, then I predict the Blue Jays to win the AL East.  I like the trades that they made with the Marlins and bringing in Dickey from the Mets.

Last year, the Blue Jays lost three starters in a span of four days and then lost Bautista to a season-ending wrist injury.  So health is key this year.  

Boston and Toronto had a nice rivalry during the early 90s.  I would like to see that again this year!    :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I thought the Blue Jays would battle for a WC spot last year. They got leveled by injuries...especially to the pitching staff. This killed any chance they had of making a run.

If some of the young pitchers that were hurt bounce back, sure I'd be worried about them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It was a smart and calculated move by AA to go "all in" this year and give up the future to win now when the ALE is probably about as even as its going to get. NY is showing their age and Boston is in transition. The O's are an enigma and the rays should be involved if they can produce on offense.

To answer your question, no, I would say teams are afraid of the jays but more aware that they are not a pushover team anymore.

The division, IMO, is up for grabs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

the last team to win  back to back B4.....................

like tom uk & southpaw777 alluded 2 no fear but

the timing is great 4 a perfect storm 4 the jays this season

only the jays & sox have improved their teams this winter

while the yanks, O's & rays  are expected by most 2 take a step back

the good news is they have a legit shot for the division

the bad news is it's going to B tough to win a wc in the AL east

with all 5 teams bumping each other off

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I suspect both EE and Bautista might be living enhanced lives through the beauty of science.  It could be a good team, but you could certainly raise questions about anyone on the team.

• C-.710 with 108/18 K/W
    • 1B-Still Lind with .729
    • 2B-Bonifacio?  With a .645 last year?
    • SS-Reyes-Excellent, but not many complete seasons
    • 3B-Lawrie-Good prospect, but still only .729
    • CF-Rasmus with a .689 last year
    • LF, RF, DH- 3 PEDs suspects
    • RP-Janssen, Santos?

They assuming that Dickey, JJ, and Buehrle make a seamless transition to the ALE, that Morrow is not a flash in the pan, and that RR will come back.  If the 5 starters do well, they'll win 90, but I can easily see two of the starting five faltering.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I suspect both EE and Bautista might be living enhanced lives through the beauty of science.  It could be a good team, but you could certainly raise questions about anyone on the team.

• C-.710 with 108/18 K/W
    • 1B-Still Lind with .729
    • 2B-Bonifacio?  With a .645 last year?
    • SS-Reyes-Excellent, but not many complete seasons
    • 3B-Lawrie-Good prospect, but still only .729
    • CF-Rasmus with a .689 last year
    • LF, RF, DH- 3 PEDs suspects
    • RP-Janssen, Santos?

They assuming that Dickey, JJ, and Buehrle make a seamless transition to the ALE, that Morrow is not a flash in the pan, and that RR will come back.  If the 5 starters do well, they'll win 90, but I can easily see two of the starting five faltering.

The Jays took a risk signing Bautista to an extension after one good year. It's worked out well for them, but what are the chances it works out twice with EE? Nobody saw that coming either.

Rasmus has been getting by on "he'll be good someday" for years now. Melky with clean urinie was nothing to write home about. Bautista can hit for power but he can't hit for average, even if he thinks he knows the strike zone better than any umpire in the league. I'm not sold on Lawrie yet.

I think Buerhle will be reliable, but he isn't hiding that he wasn't thrilled to be traded to Toronto - I can see him doing one year and wanting out. Johnson's already stated he's going for the money in the off-season so he could be an in season trade candidate. Morrow can't stay healthy, and Romero was horrific last year.

At first glance their line up looks impressive, but there's enough question marks to not be sold on them....

I was the only Red Sox kid in school during the Blue Jay glory years. Them winning the World Series is almost as bad as the Yankees winning for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hazel Mae even went back to Toronto

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Hazel Mae even went back to Toronto

And rumor is she was knocked up by Brian Burke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think she is married to a former baseball player... are you serious?

She is hot.... lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Twitter Thinks Brian Burke Got Fired For Getting Hazel Mae Pregnant |

Sections
Shortcuts