Board Sure Is Quiet, So Whats For Sunday Breakfast...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Board Sure Is Quiet, So Whats For Sunday Breakfast...

In response to mef429's comment:

no breakfast here.. but i did start making some homemade meatballs and sauce for dinner tonight MMMMMMMMMMM

Early Start, Share Your Recipe.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

no breakfast here.. but i did start making some homemade meatballs and sauce for dinner tonight MMMMMMMMMMM

i'm afraid i can't do that. it took me 2 years just to get my mother to give it to me LOL. speaking of which, foods done :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

i'm afraid i can't do that. it took me 2 years just to get my mother to give it to me LOL. speaking of which, foods done :)

I used to watch my mom make her sauce when I was growing up so basically, I knew how to make it when she walked me through making the sauce back when I was a teenager. My mom's sauce was always my favorite meal as a kid -- even now -- so learning how to make it as good was always a priority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Well, five days a week it's a mega-mug of home-brewed Dunkin Donuts coffee, laced with 5 mildly toxic aspartame packets, and an hour of frequently grim personal revelations for the half-awake therapist...On weekends it's REM sleep...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I used to watch my mom make her sauce when I was growing up so basically, I knew how to make it when she walked me through making the sauce back when I was a teenager. My mom's sauce was always my favorite meal as a kid -- even now -- so learning how to make it as good was always a priority.

I hear that. Every year my mom will make and can jar after jar of her sauce. I always tell her to give me more than the rest of my siblings haha. I can't get enough of the stuff. I've watched her make it also but I definitely couldn't do it freehand. I've got her meatballs down pat though. Add some angel hair pasta and it's easily my favorite meal of all time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I hear that. Every year my mom will make and can jar after jar of her sauce. I always tell her to give me more than the rest of my siblings haha. I can't get enough of the stuff. I've watched her make it also but I definitely couldn't do it freehand. I've got her meatballs down pat though. Add some angel hair pasta and it's easily my favorite meal of all time.

My sauce is about as good as my mom's. I do make it better than my sister's make it. My meatballs are OK, but I can't do the meatballs like she does, although my brajole (sp. ?) came close. It's been awhile since I've made her sauce, however, because lately she's been down visiting just when I've run out and will make a big batch and jar it and freeze it. (I prefer penne or rigatoni with her regular sauce.)

The one thing that I've yet to come close to hers is her anchovie sauce (a red sauce) that is simply great with angel hair spaghetti (nothing else). Mine comes out OK, but it's not like hers, even though it is so simple. The only thing I can think of is that I rush mine a bit, where she lets it cook slower.