Bobby: Bench Kalish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Bobby: Bench Kalish

Put Ross in right, and DH Ciriaco. Of course DO will be back (we hope), and you can send Kalish back to Pawtucket. But, do something with; he's killing us!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish

Wait a minute!

I've been told for years by the Sox that this was an OFer of the future!

They were WRONG in their talent evaluation???

*GASP*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish:
    Wait a minute! I've been told for years by the Sox that this was an OFer of the future! They were WRONG in their talent evaluation??? *GASP*
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Since he is only 24 and missed a year and a half due to injury I think it might be more that he was rushed this year.

Maybe?  You think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Since he is only 24 and missed a year and a half due to injury I think it might be more that he was rushed this year. Maybe?  You think?
    Posted by snakeoil123

You may absolutely be right. In fact, it's more likely.

DFA for Kalish would be foolish.

BUT! It's just tiring watching every decision the Sox make over a year be wrong. I mean that almost literally, the guys they send away do great, the ones the keep stink and it just looks like a bunch of monkeys are running this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Snake.......It ain't happening for this kid. We've seen this kid for parts of 2  seasons at the ML level. He hasn't shown much. The skill set that OF'ers need he does not possess. Coming off an 18 month DL does not bode well for his future. He's Ryan Sweeney in disguise. Time is up for this kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Snake.......It ain't happening for this kid. We've seen this kid for parts of 2  seasons at the ML level. He hasn't shown much. The skill set that OF'ers need he does not possess. Coming off an 18 month DL does not bode well for his future. He's Ryan Sweeney in disguise. Time is up for this kid.
    Posted by eggplants

He did really well when he was up in 2010 as a 22 year old, he showed power and speed and plus defense and  has ripped up Pawtucket this year with an OPS over 900.

I could be wrong but I think he gets this year as he is coming back off a long injury before he gets buried.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I agree he shouldnt be with Boston right now though.  He isn't doing anything positive.  I just haven't given up on him yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

snake, would you have a 23 IP, 13 hit, 0.87 whip, 7 BB, 17 K guy in 10 MLB appearances THIS YEAR in your pen right now? Just curious if you would because not a single person seems to understand the Sox have relievers but they just happen to be not on the MLB roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

snake, would you have a 23 IP, 13 hit, 0.87 whip, 7 BB, 17 K guy in 10 MLB appearances THIS YEAR in your pen right now? Just curious if you would because not a single person seems to understand the Sox have relievers but they just happen to be not on the MLB roster.
    Posted by dannycater

Mortensen has not only been really good for Boston but he  has a 1.91 ERA and a 0.97 Whip at Pawtucket.

I don't get why they wont pitch him.  What more does he need to do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Nothing, he needs to be here. Melancon needs to go to minors again. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Again I also don't think Kalish should be on the team. He is stinking it up.

I just wouldn't give up oh him yet.  He is still just 24 and is coming off missing a year and a half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

snake, that's why the minor leagues exist, so that guys like Reddick, and Kalish, and others develop and or get better. I didn't say give up on him, just get him off the MLB roster for now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Since he is only 24 and missed a year and a half due to injury I think it might be more that he was rushed this year. Maybe?  You think?
    Posted by snakeoil123

No; he's a lousy hitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

85 PAs - 0 HRs, 5 RBIs

One of 3 "mendoza" hitters in the line-up last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : No; he's a lousy hitter.
    Posted by bosoxmal

really.  he wasn't in 2010, or this year in the minors.  but you know best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

NO, NO, NO....CIRIACO AT SS!!!!!! KALISH DFA, END OF STORY.
    Posted by dannycater

Kalish is going to be fine. Next year. He is behind now due to his injuries, but he will be back. He will be a good big league player in the mold of Trot Nixon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i never understood the manlove about this guy....mediocre...i would have rather kept Pods and traded kalish

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Kalish is going to be fine. Next year. He is behind now due to his injuries, but he will be back. He will be a good big league player in the mold of Trot Nixon.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

He will be for certain.  People are amazing.  Guy misses a year and a half, is 24 years old, gets called up because of injuries, doesn't perform well and everyone hates him.

Wild.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

He should be the fourth outfielder, with Ross as the everyday right fielder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Kalish is going to be fine. Next year. He is behind now due to his injuries, but he will be back. He will be a good big league player in the mold of Trot Nixon.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Trot Nixon was a number one draft pick with talent.  Kalish is no Trot Nixon.  He will never be a good major league player.  He might be a 5th OF but I doubt it.  He has no power, no plate discipline, he is not a good fielder or baserunner.  And he can't hit for average.  I think that sums him up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : Trot Nixon was a number one draft pick with talent.  Kalish is no Trot Nixon.  He will never be a good major league player.  He might be a 5th OF but I doubt it.  He has no power, no plate discipline, he is not a good fielder or baserunner.  And he can't hit for average.  I think that sums him up.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

that does sum it up.  Except for the fact that he is a good fielder, a good baserunner, can hit for average and has power.  He has a 921 OPS in the minors this year.  He is 24.  It is a tough one.  I could look at scouting reports and what I have seen of him in Boston in 2010 and with my own eyes in the minors, or I could listen to people judging him after 85 at bats.  It's a tough one.

Excellent athlete with a solid build, good bat speed, and lots of quickness. Plays the game at full tilt. The organization has worked with Kalish on his plate patience, and over time he has come to demonstrate an excellent approach at the plate. Average to above-average present power, has potential to add more. Makes solid contact and hits to all fields. Above-average speed. Steals a lot of bases due to his quick acceleration and high intelligence on the basepaths. In the field, he has a reliable glove, excellent range, an average arm, and average accuracy. Tough competitor with a mature demeanor. Kalish tends to be a very popular player with coaches, teammates, and fans. Plays all three outfield positions.  Likely projects as a corner outfielder at the major league level, but should be able to cover spot duty in center field. Missed part of 2007 season with a wrist injury that lingered throughout the 2008 season.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : that does sum it up.  Except for the fact that he is a good fielder, a good baserunner, can hit for average and has power.  He has a 921 OPS in the minors this year.  He is 24.  It is a tough one.  I could look at scouting reports and what I have seen of him in Boston in 2010 and with my own eyes in the minors, or I could listen to people judging him after 85 at bats.  It's a tough one. Excellent athlete with a solid build, good bat speed, and lots of quickness. Plays the game at full tilt. The organization has worked with Kalish on his plate patience , and over time he has come to  demonstrate an excellent approach at the plate. Average to above-average present power, has potential to add more. Makes solid contact and hits to all fields. Above-average speed. Steals a lot of bases due to his quick acceleration and high intelligence on the basepaths.  In the field, he has a reliable glove, excellent range, an average arm, and average accuracy. Tough competitor with a mature demeanor.  Kalish tends to be a very popular player with coaches, teammates, and fans. Plays all three outfield positions.  Likely projects as a corner outfielder at the major league level, but should be able to cover spot duty in center field.  Missed part of 2007 season with a wrist injury that lingered throughout the 2008 season.  
    Posted by snakeoil123

I know you watch a lot of Sox games but what makes you think he is a good fielder.  He is afraid of the wall and has dropped some easy balls this year.  He is a career .236 hitter in the majors with a .305 OBP.  He has 4 hrs in 242 AB.  He might hit in the minors but I have seen enough of him over two years to know he is not a starter on a good team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby: Bench Kalish : I know you watch a lot of Sox games but what makes you think he is a good fielder.  He is afraid of the wall and has dropped some easy balls this year.  He is a career .236 hitter in the majors with a .305 OBP.  He has 4 hrs in 242 AB.  He might hit in the minors but I have seen enough of him over two years to know he is not a starter on a good team.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

You might be right.  My point is the guy is coming off a year and half of not playing and after 90 at bats in the minors they are starting him at boston.

Put him back down in Pawtucket and keep him there until next year then we call can see what we have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I hope he improves but he is killing the Sox right now.  He is not doing anything offensively.

Sections
Shortcuts